Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Sorry Gov., but......Is this legal?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:14 am 

Madigan backs state guarantee for Olympics
(Crain’s) — Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan supports the governor’s proposal to provide a $150-million state guarantee that could be used if the 2016 Olympics lose money.

Gov. Rod Blagojevich promised to push for the guarantee in a letter to Patrick Ryan, CEO of Chicago 2016, the group organizing the city’s Olympics push. The letter was first reported on ChicagoBusiness.com on Wednesday.

In his own letter, Mr. Madigan said he “will use all my efforts” to see that the General Assembly passes the governor’s proposal before the end of its session in May.

The city of Chicago has already pledged $500 million in guarantees in the event of an operating loss from the Olympics.

Mr. Ryan, Mayor Richard M. Daley and others have said public money is unlikely to be needed.

Chicago is competing with Los Angeles to be chosen as the U.S. contender to host the Olympics. Chicago’s delegation is to make its final pitch to the U.S. Olympic Committee on Saturday.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, but I am probably one of the few people in Illinois that doesn't care one way or another if the Olympics are held in Chicago. What I do care about is the fact the Illinois legislature is using MY tax dollars to guarantee that the City of Chicago doesn't lose money. Don't forget, everything built in Chicago always runs two or three times OVER the estimate.

Sorry, but $150,000,000 would build at least three (3) very nicely equipped schools. The Governor has a problem letting that money loose.

And what the hell do I get out of having the Olympics in Chicago? Or better yet, what does the family of six living in Marion, Illinois get out of it? NOTHING, but they still must contribute, whether they want to or not.

I say, "Go to hell Richie".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:47 pm 
Banned

:lol: I say go to hell, BWG! Just because BWG won't like it, doesn't mean no one else will think like a caveman like BWG does. I hope it comes to Chicago, and people who don't live in Illinois will come for the fun and parties. If it's there, we will be there...................!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:34 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
:lol: I say go to hell, BWG! Just because BWG won't like it, doesn't mean no one else will think like a caveman like BWG does. I hope it comes to Chicago, and people who don't live in Illinois will come for the fun and parties. If it's there, we will be there...................!

Hey Stupid.........it's NOT the special olympics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 pm 
Banned

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:20 pm 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:

We'll have to get rid of all the illegals to make room for the visitors.

This is all it would take:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:08 pm 
Banned

URright, is that your lazy, good for nothing son? Or is it BWG, getting his rocks off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:35 am 
Banned

expresso66 wrote:
URright, is that your lazy, good for nothing son? Or is it BWG, getting his rocks off?

My bad....it was you. Immigration was considering deporting you, until they spotted you with the proper ammunition to shoot them across the border.

Quiet while you're ahead. I'm working a deal out to grant amnesity for you, in exchange for turning you in, and some type of reward money for allowing to see what an advantage you would be to them.

Can't think of a more effective way to keep them from crossing the border, than to place you on the U.S. side, and do your thing after you're done with your burritos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:37 am 
Banned

They want to know if you may need some sliders on the side in case your bowel gets too use to this tactic. What do you think? Need back-up?

That's white castles in American slang. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm 
Banned

8)