Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chicago might need National Guard help
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm 

Associated Press
1:10 PM CDT, July 16, 2008
CHICAGO - Governor Rod Blagojevich is raising the possibility of bringing in Illinois State Police troopers or even the National Guard to help Chicago fight a recent increase in violence.

Blagojevich says he'll meet with state police, National Guard and other officials later in the day to discuss the options.

The governor says Chicago Mayor Richard Daley hasn't asked for help, but Blagojevich says he'll call the mayor once he has some concrete suggestions about what help he can provide.

The governor didn't have many specifics, but he says it's more likely that state police will be brought in than the National Guard.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi- ... 0354.story

Post subject: Re: Chicago might need National Guard help
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:31 pm 
Banned

Blago has to show-boat Geromino. That's what they do in Illinois.

They forget the G-18 or G-3 gang from South America has infilterated the U.S. they shoot anyone for no reason at all. They have to themselves be beaten up 18 times to get in the gang.

Blago, Stroger and Daley are on their way out. They're all freakin' political scammers. To crime, I say, "Bring it on." They look great for keeping out the Olympics...look at what's happening in China...

Chicago doesn't have the means to hold the Olympics...they won't have anyone living there by that time with the Crook County taxes....

Blago is going to jail; Stroger next. Watch, I know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:01 pm 

What kills me is that if Daley goes to jail Obama will probably become the mayor in the next election in hopes that it will increase his chances on his next run for President. I said it on the other board a long time ago.

OTOH I don't think he would make a very effective mayor or President. His unproven "remedies" just ain't ready for prime time.

But the big question is who will be the next governor? :?:

Since he failed to win for Senate I'm not expecting it to be Oberwise though he well may put his name on the ballot, and I can't think off hand of anyone with enough name recognition in either party to be a strong candidate right out of the gate. Maybe Jim Thompson or Edgar would come out of retirement? :P

Now this should be a scary scenario for anyone with Illinois or Chicago concerns. A new ineffective governor coupled with the same as mayor of Chicago (no matter who it might be) in the midst of economic chaos. That's not good. They can hardly raise taxes anymore and the necessary spending cuts will practically end any pol's public career, if not make them a lame duck immediately.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:03 pm 
Banned

Mirage, I generally always agree with you when it comes to politics...especially in the hot-bed of Chicago and the state of Illinois.

Illinois is known for corruption. The only governor I recall that stayed the course was what's his name? Oh yeah, the guy before Thompson, that came before Ryan. Am I right? Never heard anybody bat an eye with him or fight with him. He was a republican...before Jim Thompson.

What kills me is they cut funding for the physcially handicapped children and adults who must reside in homes, and that means the caregivers were again, denied a "raise" in accordance with the cost of living, while the politicians such as Blago and Stroger - voted themselves a 7% plus raise due to economics.

Excuse me, economics? I can recall Blago being approached by a father when running for governor, who wanted make sure his son would continue being taken care of after his wife and he "passed on." He wanted to leave earth knowing that. What did the then newly candidate answer to him before being elected? "It's all about priorities." The place is going down, caregivers haven't had the raise promised in over seven years...yet these jet-fleeing politicians will walk to the bank with no conscious. Sorry to say it this way...had Blago's daughters been born with a brain deficiency or autism...this guy wouldn't have minded putting them in the mansion and advocating for the disabled....

I wish to borrow that phrase "TOWANDA" used in her signature, giving credit to the author...."You a politician, or does lyin' run in your family." For some reason, I can never stop laughing at that, nor get that out of my head.