Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Does anybody Believe
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:36 pm 
Banned

Does anybody believe the Love affair between Rich Daily and J.Jackson Jr...at the dumacratic convention...And I'm looking forward to seeing Madigan and Blago the clown kissing........

Post subject: Re: Does anybody Believe
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm 
Banned

Just saw this young timer. It was an absolute HUGFEST. Huge one....cuz ole'Bama in their eyes is gonna give them some money thrown their way if he gets in office.

That's what politicians do..."I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine."

They must've had bloody mary's for breakfast.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:20 pm 

you think they were drinking O'bama-aide?

Look at Jessie Jr's latest.

http://jessejacksonjr.org/issues/i0903087744.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:54 pm 
Banned

what a piece of crap that was.......Jessie Jr and Meeks belong in the same holy rollar circus....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm 
Banned

They always gotta throw religion in the ring......although I liked what Jesse Sr. got caught saying about Obama!

They're all two-faced politicians out for themselves. They all are....it's horseshitz without the salt.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 pm 
Banned

What a winner that tax dodger the Rrrrrrrvd.Meeks is... Teach the kids to break the law... boycott school.....He's as dumb as they come if he thinks he can move Blago the clown.......Maybe he will try to use holding the lake front hostage till somebody comes up with more welfare money....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 pm 
Banned

You see, this is the part Meeks doesn't understand....

http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/1141 ... 03.article

Meeks only telling half of the story

His statistics don't explain why poor students get less

September 3, 2008

BY MARK BROWN Sun-Times Columnist

Antonio, an eighth-grader at Bennett Elementary School, and Cheryl Haywood, his chaperone from Salem Baptist Church, were smiling and enthusiastic when I bumped into them on the sidewalk outside New Trier High School's Northfield campus, where Antonio had just gone through the motions of trying to enroll.

Antonio was more reserved, but you could see he was enjoying himself. He and everyone else from the Rev.-Sen. James Meeks' contingent had been treated well by the folks from New Trier, and he was excited to have gotten a glimpse of how the 99th percentile lives.

Antonio was particularly impressed to see that the gymnasium, auditorium and cafeteria were separate facilities, unlike the single room at his school that serves all those functions.

Then Haywood started talking about solving our school funding inequities and how we need to make it equal so that every school district gets the same amount of money from the state, and that's when I became the skunk at the garden party.

"Do you realize," I said, "that New Trier gets only a very small percentage of its funding from the state, much less than Chicago schools?"

"That's not true," Haywood said confidently.

Well, actually, it is true. Here are the facts from the state's last school report card, graciously provided by New Trier officials -- along with the cold water and cookies -- for those who didn't bring their own.
CPS gets more cash from state

New Trier High School gets 3 percent of its funding from the state, while Chicago Public Schools gets 35 percent.

In addition, New Trier High School gets 1 percent of its funding from the federal government, while CPS gets 17 percent.

So how is it that New Trier can afford such a great high school and spend so much more money on its students than Chicago does?

Basically, because their local residents pay property taxes out the wazoo, accounting for 96 percent of the New Trier funding compared to 48 percent for CPS.

I'd hate for those facts to get lost in the commotion over Meeks' visit to the North Shore, especially when I'm sure they're not lost on the taxpayers up there.

Maybe you think that the people on the North Shore can better afford to pay those higher taxes. That's probably true, although I'll bet it doesn't always feel like it to them.

I certainly don't fault Haywood, who was relying on the numbers fed to her by Meeks, which gloss over the local part of the funding equation.

Not many people understand our school finance system, although I think you'd find that the people who pay a lot of taxes understand it better than the people who don't.

In a lot of the suburbs, people hear the words "school funding reform" and think maybe it means they will start finally receiving some money from the state, instead of continuing to pile the entire increased cost of schools on homeowners.

They're as mistaken as the people who think we're going to end up with schools that are equally funded.

Click on the link above to read the rest of the story....

And whatever happened to the fact that the lottery was suppose to go towards schools only?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 am 
Banned

Are there any figures on how many of these CPS family's actually pay property tax or are they all exempt like the Rrrrrvd.Meeks Thats why he is ignorant of the taxing system.....or is he , I guess he wants the people that work pay for Chicago public schools..another form of Democratic welfare...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 am 
Banned

Illegal Immigrants, fatherless children, section 8, welfare = no property taxes paid.