Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mayor Michelle is "all pissed off".
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:13 pm 

The Times wrote:
Cal City officials march divided
BY KIRSTEN SRINIVASAN
kirstens@nwitimes.com

CALUMET CITY | Calumet City officials weren't all marching to the beat of the same drummer during the city's annual Labor Day parade on Monday.

Seventh Ward Alderman Cindi Pallick, who is supporting challenger Pam Cap in the upcoming mayoral election in the spring, walked separately from Mayor Michelle Markiewicz Qualkinbush and other aldermen during the parade.

The mayor told her not to march with them, Pallick said.

"I assumed I'd walk with the city," she said. "I'm worried my residents might think I was disrespecting them when I was not walking with the city. People were asking me left and right yesterday. People were shocked."

Pallick said she is considering running for re-election but not under Qualkinbush's slate. Pallick ended up walking with people from the Cap for mayor campaign in the parade, she said.

Qualkinbush said she and the other officials decided to march without Pallick because they are running as a team in the next election. She is not supporting any particular candidate for the 7th Ward aldermanic race, she said.

"We will be making (an) official announcement shortly," Qualkinbush said. "Alderman Pallick, however, has decided she is supporting the opposing team.

"I don't think Sen. McCain rides on Obama's float," Qualkinbush said. "We decided on walking as a team, and she should walk with the team she's supporting. ... I don't understand why she's complaining."

Cindi, I don't live in the Seventh Ward, but I'll vote for you anyway.

Post subject: Re: Mayor Michelle is "all pissed off".
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:30 pm 
Banned

Thats some team Qualk and the six dwarfs......donkeys...... or what ever....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 am 

Cindi has every right to support who she wants to in the upcoming election. However, she is still one of the CURRENT City Council members and to be told that she can't walk with them because she's supporting the other candidate is appalling to me. The Mayor said she isn't supporting anyone in the upcoming election, but if the council is running as a "team", then I assume she is supporting Mr. Williams. He walked in the parade with lots of endorsements, but the endorsements were from people in Chicago and Harvey, Riverdale - every place except Calumet City. So, just which team is the Mayor and the 6 other alderman on? My guess is the "Z" team. I'm glad that Cindi is who she is and she does not bow down and kiss his ring. You go Cindi!!!! I for one am proud of you for standing up for what you believe in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:13 am 

I posted about this once or twice OTOH and of course - poof! gone.

If I was a resident there I think I'd be going door to door to suggest folks vote against Quackinbush. Not that I even know much about the challenger, but I know some about her! ;)

Or rather I know what Michelle has done. Driving business literally south out of town. Decided she wanted the cab company's property so it's out of business. Started a tissy fit because Hammond put in a curb down state line to keep her citizens from robbing them blind in their homes.

But there's a few things she hasn't done as well, of course. She hasn't gotten the city financial reimbursement from the former mayor related to his failed fight of criminal charges. She hasn't made the streets safer, although she did get a law passed to impose an additional $500 tax on some cars being towed before even going to trial. She did get a law passed forbiding you to work on your car if it's on the street outside of an emergence repair, which I guess means changing a tire.

If Michelle Quackinbush gets re-elected maybe I outta find some publication to get me a press pass and document her every foolish public move. On second thought maybe not. I have more important things to do with my time, especially if the people of that podunk town aren't smart enough to see they're being taken for a ride and forced to pay the fuel bill too.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:03 pm 
Banned

Genova is her mentor.....I'm almost positive she's good buddies with him. How else did she learn the tricks of the trade? :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am 

Cindi walked with us in the parade. By us, I mean, the 'CAP FOR MAYOR' team and all the citizens that followed. We were number 32 in the line-up,.....go figure!........worked out to our advantage though. She and the 6 dwarfs had to sit in the judge's stand as we passed by and she heard the reaction from the residents lining the streets yelling 'CAP FOR MAYOR'!

Cindi was well represented on her own, she is definitely not 'part of the team'. It just goes to show you the arrogance and control this woman, excuse me, she does not even deserve that title either, ( CRACK-IN-THE-BUSH!!) thinks she has the right impose on ANYONE! Including another elected official, who, in my mindset, is no different than her position. Her title of Mayor is a FARCE! DICTATOR is more of her calling. :twisted:

Cindi, :smt006 , love ya girl! Keep your character. Something the rest of them has no clue of . :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:56 am 

Wow! Hammond is mild-mannered compared to you folks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:16 pm 

freetime wrote:
Wow! Hammond is mild-mannered compared to you folks!

Difference is: WE will make a difference.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 pm 

Nice reply Lois..........YES, WE WILL MAKE A CHANGE!!!

PEOPLE GET READY.....THERE'S A CHANGE A COMING!!!

PAM CAP FOR MAYOR!!!!
IN 2009!!!!