Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 8 Billion Dollar Boondoggle
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:48 pm 
Banned

The Deep Tunnel Project a real engineering marvel would not take the water from the recent rain storm Calumet City had to rely on an antiquated 1920 system and pump the storm water into the Grand Calumet River.... Go going Metropolitan Water Reclamation District You proved to be one of the Great Big Spenders of Crook County...... What next to waste the taxpayers money ??? I guess the south suburbs are always last to get county services... just sucking the hind one.....

Post subject: Re: 8 Billion Dollar Boondoggle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:19 am 

I'm not sure I agree with you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:25 pm 
Banned

Do you have different information ?///// I was at the pump station during the rain.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:07 pm 

I was on the south end of town near the levee. If it weren't for the measures taken in the past ten years, we, on the south end, would be looking like Munster. There were a few small breeches, and some street flooding, but other than that, we as a city, fared pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:25 pm 
Banned

I have lived on the south end of town for 52 years......The only things that saved it this time Was the flooding in Munster and the politicians got off there ass and opened the O'Brain locks on time......They weren't afraid of polluting the beaches in sept...disturbing the natives leisure time...All the deep tunnel did for us this time was blow concrete and steel in the air and make holes in the streets were they pass under...The current administration has done nothing to improve or maintain the dikes in town We ere Just Damn Lucky Munster flooded //////// Quack and the 6 dwarfs just looked.....///////

I agree with you there was a lot of construction in the last 10 years....But what good was it when Calumet City's inlet to it was closed....and we dont control that.....So what good is it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:29 pm 

oldtimer wrote:
I have lived on the south end of town for 52 years......The only things that saved it this time Was the flooding in Munster and the politicians got off there ass and opened the O'Brain locks on time......They weren't afraid of polluting the beaches in sept...disturbing the natives leisure time...All the deep tunnel did for us this time was blow concrete and steel in the air and make holes in the streets were they pass under...The current administration has done nothing to improve or maintain the dikes in town We ere Just Damn Lucky Munster flooded //////// Quack and the 6 dwarfs just looked.....///////

I agree with you there was a lot of construction in the last 10 years....But what good was it when Calumet City's inlet to it was closed....and we dont control that.....So what good is it

Oh, I agree that the Quacker and her tribe has done nothing to improve or maintain the sixth ward flood improvements, but I did see evidence that the improvements were working. But, I was offended that the robo phone call asking for volunteers, was evidence of her ineptness. She was the one who outsourced Public Works, and got rid of what I considered one of the finest Departments in the South Suburbs. She should have been calling Waste Management to fill sandbags. One great example of this was last winter, and the snow removal fiascoes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:08 pm 
Banned

Were on the same page BWG....just a little further down it...But after 30 years of construction and 8 or more Billion dollars
you would think the Crook County politicians would have come up with something better than what we got.....

As far a public works they were the best in the South Suburbs.....I always got the best of services on a timely bases.
Now when you call the PW Dept...all you get is a Call Waste Management answer....This is Quacks great improvement.
I just wonder what the residents costs are going to be when the current contract expires with Waste Mismanagement we probably will be buying $3.00 stickers to put on the bags like the western suburbs Plus our water and garbage bill.The bigger the contract the bigger the campaign contribution....