Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Another Shooting
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:06 pm 

Question?

Did you read my post? I mentioned his racist rhetoric that he posted on the PREVIOUS BOARD. Furthermore, it doesn't matter who brings up race in a thread. Oldtimer made a comment, "...there were no gangs in Calumet City before Blacks moved in...." This comment alone proves that he is either a sociopathic liar or he has no clue about Calumet City. The truth is that there were white biker gangs, and white street thugs. There were white dopers, white dope houses, illegal white prostitution (some of which still roam State Line today. There were shootouts in bars, and in the streets.

Question?

Do I need to go on? I repeat, how long will it take Oldtimer's racist rants to close down this board? Please let Oldtimer respond....unless you are Oldtimer.

Question?

Are you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:32 pm 

question wrote:
Question?

Did you read my post? I mentioned his racist rhetoric that he posted on the PREVIOUS BOARD. Furthermore, it doesn't matter who brings up race in a thread. Oldtimer made a comment, "...there were no gangs in Calumet City before Blacks moved in...." This comment alone proves that he is either a sociopathic liar or he has no clue about Calumet City. The truth is that there were white biker gangs, and white street thugs. There were white dopers, white dope houses, illegal white prostitution (some of which still roam State Line today. There were shootouts in bars, and in the streets.

Question?

Do I need to go on? I repeat, how long will it take Oldtimer's racist rants to close down this board? Please let Oldtimer respond....unless you are Oldtimer.

Question?

Are you?

Looks like you may have a problem with the white folks. Now who's the racist? Don't answer, we know!

Oh, and I'm not oldtimer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm 

Question?

Do I have a problem with Whites? Absolutely Not. I only have a problem with liars. Now.........will you please let Oldtimer respond this time? Thanks Oldtimer. Oops, I mean, Thanks Lois.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:11 pm 

question wrote:
Question?

Do I have a problem with Whites? Absolutely Not. I only have a problem with liars. Now.........will you please let Oldtimer respond this time? Thanks Oldtimer. Oops, I mean, Thanks Lois.

You are the one "HARPING" about Whites, and calling people racist, nobody else.
And I'm not stopping oldtimer from responding to this drivel! Apparently he's either offline, or chooses not to.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
question wrote:
Question?

You are the one "HARPING" about Whites, and calling people racist, nobody else.
And I'm not stopping oldtimer from responding to this drivel! Apparently he's either offline, or chooses not to.

Lois: If this guy is giving you a hard time concerning racism, imagine what he'd do with me. He probably hates my screen name.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 pm 

hello lois. If you are as smart as you think you are, it should be very easy to find out exactly who I am. Ms. Cap could probably tell you right now. Whe you find out you might remember that I more than paid my dues battling previous Calumet City administrations. So my credentials are solid. As for your repeated comments that slam just about everyone and everything not CAP. You just seem realy bittter and people usually don't respond too good to constant crabbing. How about some ideas on how you are helping to make things better. I still live in Calumet City, not because I have to, but because my wife and I choose to. We continue to raise our children here because we like the city and we like our neighbors. I know plenty of people just like you who thought the grass was going to be greener elsewhere and the truth is that it is not where you live but how you live that matters. My oldest daughter grew up here and is now a freshman at the United States Naval Academy. Because of some of the experiences she has had living and growing up in a diverse community she is much better prepared to deal with life than you apparently are. ANd Oldtimer your property tax dollars don't even begin to cover the cost of providing police, fire and EMS service to the community. SALES TAX pays the freight. ANd one last thing you can thank me and all of the other cops and firefighters who work a part time job for helping to keep your social security "pension" checks coming. The main reason our pensions are higher than the private sector is because no matter how much I pay in from my second job, I am not eligible for any social security benefits. So maybe you should try to learn some facts before you make yourself look like an even bigger a**.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 am 

ccfd29 wrote:
hello lois. If you are as smart as you think you are, it should be very easy to find out exactly who I am. Ms. Cap could probably tell you right now. Whe you find out you might remember that I more than paid my dues battling previous Calumet City administrations. So my credentials are solid. As for your repeated comments that slam just about everyone and everything not CAP. You just seem realy bittter and people usually don't respond too good to constant crabbing. How about some ideas on how you are helping to make things better. I still live in Calumet City, not because I have to, but because my wife and I choose to. We continue to raise our children here because we like the city and we like our neighbors. I know plenty of people just like you who thought the grass was going to be greener elsewhere and the truth is that it is not where you live but how you live that matters. My oldest daughter grew up here and is now a freshman at the United States Naval Academy. Because of some of the experiences she has had living and growing up in a diverse community she is much better prepared to deal with life than you apparently are. ANd Oldtimer your property tax dollars don't even begin to cover the cost of providing police, fire and EMS service to the community. SALES TAX pays the freight. ANd one last thing you can thank me and all of the other cops and firefighters who work a part time job for helping to keep your social security "pension" checks coming. The main reason our pensions are higher than the private sector is because no matter how much I pay in from my second job, I am not eligible for any social security benefits. So maybe you should try to learn some facts before you make yourself look like an even bigger a**.

Your over inflated ego assumes I care who you are. I don't.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:29 am 
Banned

Hey...ccfd if you have read my previous post I dont have a problem with your moonlite job...thats your business....
I do have a problem with your social security comment....one of the reasons your pension is so hefty is the fact that you pay no income tax on your contribution.....and what about the Social Security wages you pay after you retire your short 20 year career....as a public servant.... And I dont like your HERO comment about the chest pain and noise outside the window...ITS YOUR JOB....
I made no comments about what tax money paid your salary....I guess it just does not pay to have dialog with someone connected with city hall... Who cares whether its sales tax or property tax its still money spent...
By the way how long do you think it will be for your golden goose River Oaks to be a movie set for the blues brothers sequel

Last edited by oldtimer on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:52 am 
Banned

Hey Question......this is an open forum my comments are my own...I have lived in Calumet City 73 years and I know whats going on......Still in possession of a sign that says CALUMET CIY HERE TO STAY. If you would look into the crime stats from 1925 to 1990 you would find big difference in the major crimes from the ones from 1990 to the present.....You tell me what the reason is....... My guess is the emptying of the CHA high rises has an impact on it.....as it has in all the south suburbs....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:09 am 

OK guys, you got the tools, lets get the "Bad Guys"......
The Times wrote:
Cal City has new squads with classic look

BY JEFF BURTON
Jeff.Burton@nwitimes.com
219.762.1397, ext. 2225 | Thursday, December 18, 2008
CALUMET CITY | The first of 11 new police cars is set to hit the streets this week with a new look that Chief Ed Gilmore said residents won't be able to mistake for anything but police cruisers.

"I want it to be extremely visible to the public," Gilmore said. "When I first got here, we were having a problem with our cars being highly visible."

The new vehicles sport a classic black and white paint job with silver graphics on the sides. Gilmore said residents often mistook the department's existing fleet, white cars with blue and yellow decals, for civilian vehicles. He said with the new vehicles on the road, residents will know when a police car is patrolling their neighborhoods.

http://nwi.com/articles/2008/12/18/news ... ogcomments

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:47 am 
Banned

Hey chief gilmore.....only the bad guys need a more visible squad car Black an White paint does not make me more comfortable a good Police force does........

I Guess its election time in Calumet City and the Quack needs any kind of press she can get.....Get more Black and White paint Quack