Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another Shooting
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:06 pm 
Banned

I have lived in Calumet City in the 30's 40's 50's and 60's The rampant crime Chugar speaks of was probably a wino falling down drunk in the middle of Plummer ave.or some John getting rolled by a hooker.....A far cry from the the crimes committed by the aliens from the CHA high rises and the Illegals from across our southern border....These people have no regard for life.....

Al Capone didn't sell crack...... and the only Columbian he associated with the the Fair of 1933

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 pm 

I really enjoy these forums and the exchange of opinions. But I just cannot understand and accept why Lois has to stoop so low to start name calling!! People have opinions that should be accepted with respect. Just because you don't agree with someone elses opinion or do not agree with you Lois does not make someone an Idiot or ignorant as you have called Chugar52. If you don't agree with this person you have that right and I respect you in you're position, but I loose that respect when you resort to name calling.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:38 am 

funnyman wrote:
I really enjoy these forums and the exchange of opinions. But I just cannot understand and accept why Lois has to stoop so low to start name calling!! People have opinions that should be accepted with respect. Just because you don't agree with someone elses opinion or do not agree with you Lois does not make someone an Idiot or ignorant as you have called Chugar52. If you don't agree with this person you have that right and I respect you in you're position, but I loose that respect when you resort to name calling.

So be it. I have no respect for ANYONE who, as a last resort, pulls the race card. And Chugar52 is the only one, on this topic that mentioned the words BLACK or WHITE.

Happy Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:52 am 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!! My hope is that everyone is with family and friends. Be thankful for them and for each day that we are on this earth and also remember those that are not with us anymore. Please pray for our service men and women who can not be with their familites this Thanksgiving.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:16 pm 
Banned

You can't compare CC to the 30's and today.It's a totally different time.Things are alot different.I lived in CC for over 30 years.When you're afraid to go to the mall alone,sit outside to watch your children play,or even just walk down the street,it's time to leave.CC has really gone down the tubes and it won't get any better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:22 am 
Banned

Shades of the Times Interact........

Oh by the way chugar there were no street gangs here before the blacks arrived........if you want to inject race into the subject>>>>>> do it right

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 am 

Do you think, maybe, we could solve some crimes, if the cops weren't moonlighting? If they aren't all "hunkered down" in the police station, they are working as security cops at River Oaks, bouncers in the bars, and now residency cops. When do they have time to catch carjackers, muggers at River Oaks, or even speeders? With all those cop cars parked at the library, it is no wonder the bad guys have free rein.
The Times wrote:
D.157 looks into residency officer options

BY JOAN CARREON
Times Correspondent | Sunday, November 30, 2008
CALUMET CITY | Hoover-Schrum Elementary District 157 is continuing to explore its options as it looks into the possibility of having a residency officer help verify where students reside.

Superintendent Michele Morris has shared with the D.157 School Board one proposal the district received from a Calumet City police officer who has a private investigator business.

http://www.nwi.com/articles/2008/11/30/ ... 010336.txt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:24 am 

oldtimer wrote:
Shades of the Times Interact........

Oh by the way chugar there were no street gangs here before the blacks arrived........if you want to inject race into the subject>>>>>> do it right

Maybe they weren't called gangs, but they used to be called hoodlums. I'm not saying that things were as bad then as they are now, but there have always been problems. Also, the gangs aren't all black. They have every color - the gangs are black, white, hispanic and Asian. All black people aren't bad and all white people aren't good. There are good and bad people in every race.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:20 am 
Banned

Well Calumet City got most of the bad part out of the CHA high rises..along with the section 8 housing vouchers and the rest of the welfare leeches......if most of them are black so be it.....

Harvey, county cops indicted in FBI drug sting guess how many are black....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:51 pm 

Unlike many of you on this site that like to hide in the shadows of your screen names and poke fun at everyone else and criticize everyone, I will tell you that I am a resident of Calumet City, I grew up here and now I proudly work for the Calumet City Fire Department. I am glad that many of you have moved out of my town because I think the city is better off without you. And for some others, maybe you should just move and then you could post about how bad it is in whatever part of northwest Indiana you move to. Some people are never happy. I have been reading the posts for several months on this site and the one ran by the Times, so I have a pretty good idea about where some of you are coming from. As for the cops and firefighters in Calumet City, you would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated group of men and women. I would bet that oldtimer got passed over for a job with one or both. It seems that everyone of us is a jerk until you feel that pain in your chest or you hear that noise outside your window at night. I would also like to point out to some of you Pam Cap supporters that she is a cop and a supervisor at that. So if they are all hunkered down at the station, they are doing it under the direction of Sgt. Cap from time to time. So you might want to be careful about how you throw around mud. As for cops working at the mall or in a bar, they are doing it on their off duty time as a part time job.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:42 am 
Banned

Hey ccfd....never applied for the job.....I just dont care for the way the city has been run lately,,, As far as the pain in the chest and some noise outside the door comment """ITS YOUR JOB''''' And I respect anyone who does a good job... I do believe that anyone employed by the city in a public safety capacity should live in town. I also believe that the public officials (dept heads) and Politicians should live in town... what you do on your own time is your own business......As long as its legal Harvey and Cook County has a problem with their PD people and moonlite jobs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 am 

ccfd29 wrote:
Unlike many of you on this site that like to hide in the shadows of your screen names and poke fun at everyone else and criticize everyone, I will tell you that I am a resident of Calumet City, I grew up here and now I proudly work for the Calumet City Fire Department. I am glad that many of you have moved out of my town because I think the city is better off without you. And for some others, maybe you should just move and then you could post about how bad it is in whatever part of northwest Indiana you move to. Some people are never happy. I have been reading the posts for several months on this site and the one ran by the Times, so I have a pretty good idea about where some of you are coming from. As for the cops and firefighters in Calumet City, you would be hard pressed to find a more dedicated group of men and women. I would bet that oldtimer got passed over for a job with one or both. It seems that everyone of us is a jerk until you feel that pain in your chest or you hear that noise outside your window at night. I would also like to point out to some of you Pam Cap supporters that she is a cop and a supervisor at that. So if they are all hunkered down at the station, they are doing it under the direction of Sgt. Cap from time to time. So you might want to be careful about how you throw around mud. As for cops working at the mall or in a bar, they are doing it on their off duty time as a part time job.

Very good come back. Attack the taxpayer.
If we do not like the way this administration is run, why is it we can't voice our opinion. We certainly will not get our 5 minutes in front of the City Council. The (Hammond) Times censors any comment you want to respond to, and the Mayor and Police Chief do not accept phone calls. All you have to answer to, is your union rep.
And you are welcome for the pension and health plan. Have a Happy Holiday.

P.S. Is ccfd29 your real name?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 am 

Question?

Oldtimers racist rhetoric is what got the last board (nwi times) shut down. How long will it take for him to destroy this board too?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:45 am 

question wrote:
Question?

Oldtimers racist rhetoric is what got the last board (nwi times) shut down. How long will it take for him to destroy this board too?

If you'd stop to read this thread from the beginning, you would realize that the Black vs. White issue was started by someone else, NOT oldtimer, he merely stated his opinion.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am 

LoisLane wrote:
question wrote:
Question?

If you'd stop to read this thread from the beginning, you would realize that the Black vs. White issue was started by someone else, NOT oldtimer, he merely stated his opinion.

The OTHER Poster wrote:
It seems to me that everyone on this board that posts about Calumet City doesn't remember or doesn't know what Calumet City has always been like, from way back in the 1930's. Calumet City has always had a bad reputation. If you remember correctly, Calumet City has always been called SIN CITY. Calumet City was Al Capon'es favorite hang out, there were bars every 10 feet, and prostitution. But now all of a sudden, CC is getting a bad rap because of gangs, even though there were gansters in CC since the 30's and maybe even before that. The main difference is that the people moving into Calumet City are black, so they are automatically labeled as bad. How unfair. No one knocked Calumet City for years when it was all white, even though there were gangsters and all kinds of illegal happenings. Most of the crime in Calumet City is not random. When there is a killing, most of the time it's a relative or friend that is doing the killing.

Any questions? . . . . . I thought not!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next