Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another Shooting
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 pm 

CODE wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
You have her confused with another poster. You can post a sample (or quote) here, to make your case.

Lois,

Just a couple of quick examples I found:
TOPIC: Pam Cap For Mayor
Post by mtwosix Mon Aug 25 2:57pm
"What a daily irritant it will be to crack-in-the-bush."

TOPIC: Mayor Michelle Is "All Pissed Off"
Post by mtwosix Fri Sep 5 11:28am
"CRACK-IN-THE-BUSH"
"DICTATOR"

So what? Can't handle it? Then leave!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 am 

Why wasn't the shooting that took place across the street from Memorial Park on a Saturday a few weeks ago in the paper. Oh wait, it was a week later. Maybe the Mayor didn't want her Hispanic Festivities interupted the next day. Let's see what is more important, peoples lives or Hispanic Festivities. I guess she thought the festivities was more important. This city is getting as bad as Gary, Indiana and the Mayor is as blind about all the crime as Rudy Clay.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:33 pm 
Banned

Hey come on now.....Quack is bad ....... nobody but nobody is as bad as Hummer Rudy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:46 pm 

oldtimer:
Better watch it, there seems to be a NEWBEE that posts in this area of the Board, and is offended if you refer to the Mayor by anything other than her name. His screen name is CODE, and the opinion is that he /she is a City Hall stooge. Nevermind. . . . . let the games begin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:56 pm 

BigWhiteGuy wrote:
Better watch it, there seems to be a NEWBEE that posts in this area of the Board, and is offended if you refer to the Mayor by anything other than her name. His screen name is CODE, and the opinion is that he /she is a City Hall stooge. Nevermind. . . . . let the games begin.

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:11 am 

CODE wrote:
BigWhiteGuy wrote:

Darn BWG, you must be a trained investigator. I work at City Hall, I'm the Vice-Mayor. And I make $262,835 per year.

Please don't tell Michelle I voted for Greg Skubisz in 2003.

You can vote for whoever you want in the 2009 election, I don't care. Don't be surprised if someone else throws their hat in the ring. Unfortunately, the ladies might dilute the vote, allowing someone else to sneak in. That's all I'm sayin.

I said THE OPINION IS. . . .
personally, I don't care if you run for dog catcher. Calumet City is the new Gary, and I'm not going to be a resident too much longer!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:33 am 
Banned

Hang in there BWG.......Good people move out and the community turns deeper into S**t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 pm 

Score one for the good guys.
The Times wrote:
R. Kelly's nephew hospitalized after shooting

BY TIMES STAFF
219.662.5300 | Saturday, November 08, 2008
A teen apparently involved in a Calumet City shooting Thursday afternoon is R&B singer R. Kelly's nephew, an anonymous source close to the investigation confirmed Friday.

According to the source, the nephew was still at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, Ill., on Friday.

Andy Conklin, a spokesman for the Cook County state attorney's office, said no charges had been filed in the case and could not confirm the teen in the hospital was R. Kelly's nephew.

According to police reports, Calumet City responded to a call of a man struck by a stray bullet at the same time they received a call of a robbery at a barbershop.

The reports said the wounded teen allegedly was in the barbershop, brandished a weapon and attempted to rob the barber who also produced a weapon, shooting the teen in the back.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:51 am 
Banned

oldtimer wrote:
Hang in there BWG.......Good people move out and the community turns deeper into S**t

Hang in there? The good people don't stand a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 am 

KJ wrote:
oldtimer wrote:

Hang in there? The good people don't stand a chance.

It seems to me that everyone on this board that posts about Calumet City doesn't remember or doesn't know what Calumet City has always been like, from way back in the 1930's. Calumet City has always had a bad reputation. If you remember correctly, Calumet City has always been called SIN CITY. Calumet City was Al Capon'es favorite hang out, there were bars every 10 feet, and prostitution. But now all of a sudden, CC is getting a bad rap because of gangs, even though there were gansters in CC since the 30's and maybe even before that. The main difference is that the people moving into Calumet City are black, so they are automatically labeled as bad. How unfair. No one knocked Calumet City for years when it was all white, even though there were gangsters and all kinds of illegal happenings. Most of the crime in Calumet City is not random. When there is a killing, most of the time it's a relative or friend that is doing the killing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:48 am 

chugar52 wrote:
It seems to me that everyone on this board that posts about Calumet City doesn't remember or doesn't know what Calumet City has always been like, from way back in the 1930's. Calumet City has always had a bad reputation. If you remember correctly, Calumet City has always been called SIN CITY. Calumet City was Al Capon'es favorite hang out, there were bars every 10 feet, and prostitution. But now all of a sudden, CC is getting a bad rap because of gangs, even though there were gansters in CC since the 30's and maybe even before that. The main difference is that the people moving into Calumet City are black, so they are automatically labeled as bad. How unfair. No one knocked Calumet City for years when it was all white, even though there were gangsters and all kinds of illegal happenings. Most of the crime in Calumet City is not random. When there is a killing, most of the time it's a relative or friend that is doing the killing.

What an amazing idiot! How can you justify ANY type of violence or killing. And yes, I am interested in your response.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:31 am 

LoisLane wrote:
chugar52 wrote:

What an amazing idiot! How can you justify ANY type of violence or killing. And yes, I am interested in your response.

I am NOT justifying any type of violence or killing. My point was that it has happened since the 30's and no one said how bad Calumet City was even though crime was rampant there for many years. There is crime in Calumet City, I know that, I'm not an idiot like you say I am. My objection is that people are trashing Calumet City because the people moving in are black. There was crime by white people, but people didn't trash Calumet City like they are now because there is crime and the area is turning black.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:54 am 

Chugar52, I grew up on Plummer and State Street in the late 40's, 50's and early 60's. I used to work downtown Hammond and walked to and from work late at night. I'll tell you the truth, I felt safer back then. Yes, Cal City always had its reputation, but back then people were not killing innocent people just for the sport of it. These gang members, not just the black, but the hispanic and the white members don't care. These people shot you if you looked at them wrong. They get their jollies by doing this and they don't care who is in their crossfire. I'm sorry Cal City was bad back then, but never like it is today, and it is only going to get worst.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:07 am 

chugar52 wrote:
I am NOT justifying any type of violence or killing. My point was that it has happened since the 30's and no one said how bad Calumet City was even though crime was rampant there for many years. There is crime in Calumet City, I know that, I'm not an idiot like you say I am. My objection is that people are trashing Calumet City because the people moving in are black. There was crime by white people, but people didn't trash Calumet City like they are now because there is crime and the area is turning black.

The fact is. . . the people moving into Calumet City and Dolton are blacks and hispanics from Chicago's projects. Crime statistics over the past five years have gone up dramatically ever since this element has moved in. The City has only increased Section 8 vouchers, and has not addressed the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:10 am 

chugar52 wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
chugar52 wrote:

Maybe IDIOT is a little harsh. You're just ignorant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next