Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Another Shooting
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:16 am 

It happened on Garfield Street, about 6:30 p.m. The guy was killed. What the hell else do you want to know?
Looks like the new Calumet City Police Chief is working out very well.
Same-O, Same-O. . . Shall we convene another 40 person committee to find a new one?

The Times wrote:
Possible Calumet City shooting on Friday

By Times Staff | Saturday, October 04, 2008
CALUMET CITY | A report of a shooting in Calumet City could not be confirmed Friday night.

Calumet City police would neither confirm nor comment on a report from a spokesman from the Lake County coroner's office in Indiana that a shooting may have taken place in Calumet City on Friday.

Calumet City spokesman Eric Schneider did not return a call seeking more information.

Post subject: Re: Another Shooting
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:37 pm 

Yeah............some young Hispanic male from Chicago.....go figure!

New Chief???? :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Come on my side is hurting!! :smt005 :smt005
Best joke in town! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:37 pm 

The Times wrote:
Chicago man shot to death in Cal City

By Times Staff | Tuesday, October 07, 2008
CALUMET CITY | Police are seeking the public's help in identifying any suspects after a shooting Friday in the 400 block of Garfield Avenue that killed a 23-year-old Chicago man dead.

Ruben Marcardo was pronounced dead at 5:05 a.m. at a Chicago hospital, according to a Calumet City Police Department news release. Police responded about 6 p.m. to a call of shots fired on Garfield Avenue.

Witnesses told officers that four people in a box-like vehicle fled the area after the shooting.

Anyone with information is asked to call (708) 868-2500 or the department's anonymous tip line at (708) 891-STOP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 am 

right

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:41 pm 

CODE wrote:
You seem quick to blame the Chief of Police for shootings. I don't blame the Chief. I don't blame the manufacturers of firearms. I do blame criminals. When Pam was Chief did you blame her for the jewelry store man that was killed on Burnham Ave. by Corus Bank? No, because it wasn't her fault. It was a criminal robbing a store. Unfortunately, it happens every day in every area of the United States. So I just hope you think before posting. In addition, name-calling was something that was done in the 3rd grade. You just weaken your arguments by calling people names.

I blame the Chief and the Mayor, because of what I don't see, a police presence. I don't see patrols. And when attempting to talk or see the Chief, he's NOT in. For all of the cops on the payroll, where are they? In the squad room? How about some answers CODE!
And for somebody with only four (4) posts, you seem to know all. . . or did you just sign up for the April election?

Last edited by LoisLane on Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:16 pm 

Here you go CODE. . . explain how or why it is there is a robbery, or burglary at Wentworth Woods almost every two weeks. . .
The Times wrote:
Fleeing suspects crash car

BY KIRSTEN SRINIVASAN
kirstens@nwitimes.com
219.933.4158 | Friday, October 17, 2008
CALUMET CITY | Three people were injured after two theft suspects fled from police and crashed their car into an oncoming vehicle on Thursday afternoon.

Three men stole about eight to 10 prepaid cell phones from the Family Dollar Store at 231 Gold Coast Lane, Calumet City Police Captain Dan Zorzi said. After getting a description of the vehicle from the store, police observed the Chevrolet Cavalier headed northbound on Burnham Avenue and stopped it north of Sibley Boulevard on the Burnham Avenue bridge at about 1:15 p.m., he said.

The driver exited the car and was talking to officers, Zorzi said. As backup arrived, one of the two passengers in the car "jumped into driver's seat and drove off at a high rate of speed."

"The first driver was placed into custody and the backup officer went to go to try to locate the car that took off and as he got down at the bottom of the bridge, he could see it traveling at a high rate of speed going into the oncoming lane and strike a car, spin and flip," Zorzi said.

The suspects crashed into a Ford Taurus near 140th Street and Burnham Avenue, Zorzi said.

The suspect who had been driving was taken to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, and the other suspect, a passenger in the back seat, was taken to St. Margaret Mercy Healthcare Centers in Hammond, he said.

"I'd have to say they were pretty serious injuries (to the suspects)," Zorzi said, but added that he didn't think their injuries were life-threatening.

A woman in the Ford Taurus also was taken to a hospital, and mainly seemed to have suffered cuts and bruises, Zorzi said.

He could not yet release the names of the suspects Thursday afternoon.

I'll tell you why. . . . NO police patrols south of Michigan City Road.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:43 pm 

good call

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:01 pm 

...counterproductive...

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:39 pm 

CODE wrote:
To Lois,

I don't claim to know everything. I am merely raising rational points as a citizen. Perhaps the security at the Wentworth Woods is lacking. The police are probably running from call-to-call from what I see. I'm not a policeman nor do I know their daily staffing or routines. I do know whenever I or my family has needed CCPD aid, it is promptly served. I commend them, they have an increasingly difficult job year to year. I choose not to refer to Pam Cap or Michelle Qualkinbush by petty, demeaning, and sarcastic names because I stopped that by around fourth grade. I'm not running for office, Lois. I want to make an informed decision on election day. I have a feeling these two ladies won't be the only ones running. Hopefully, they won't split the vote and a less qualified candidate would sneak in.

Take Care, CODE

What the hell are you talking about? What name calling?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:17 pm 

yes

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:13 am 

CODE wrote:
Lois,

Now that I review posts, it is mtwosix who uses infantile name-calling.

CODE

Wrong again. As much as mtwosix and I differ in opinion, she does not refer to either person with infantile name calling. Best re-review more posts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 am 

[quote="LoisLane"]Wrong again. As much as mtwosix and I differ in opinion, she does not refer to either person with infantile name calling. Best re-review more posts.

ok

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:37 am 

CODE wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
Wrong again. As much as mtwosix and I differ in opinion, she does not refer to either person with infantile name calling. Best re-review more posts.

Um...are you hard of comprehending, Lois? Mtwosix (maybe he/she is a 3rd grader at Caroline Sibley School) never refers to the Mayor by Michelle Markewicz-Qualkinbush. Mtwosix calls her "crack-in-the-bush," "queen," and other select words a 3rd grader might use. Good Luck to you.

You have her confused with another poster. You can post a sample (or quote) here, to make your case.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:47 am 

CODE wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

Um...are you hard of comprehending, Lois? Mtwosix (maybe he/she is a 3rd grader at Caroline Sibley School) never refers to the Mayor by Michelle Markewicz-Qualkinbush. Mtwosix calls her "crack-in-the-bush," "queen," and other select words a 3rd grader might use. Good Luck to you.

Maybe you should reconsider posting here if you can't take the nausea connected with politics. See how long you last in the National News thread. You'd be pukin' your guts out in a matter of minutes.
Many people in Calumet City despise the current administration. They are also welcome (as you have) to respond here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:54 am 

LoisLane wrote:
You have her confused with another poster. You can post a sample (or quote) here, to make your case.

Last edited by CODE on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.