Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Burris......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:44 am 
Banned

Resign ...... If you have to lie to get your job.....you should not hold that high office.... I guess this is the new standard in the Obama administration cheat on your taxes and tell lies....

Post subject: Re: Burris......
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 am 

oldtimer wrote:
I guess this is the new standard in the Obama administration cheat on your taxes and tell lies....

No,...this is the steaming pile of horseshit stench of Chicago politics THAT OBAMA packed up and dragged it with him to D.C....

a lot of people seem to forget that little fact...because the democrats want it that way.

When is the last you think a democrat ever told the truth?..especially one from Chicago?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:41 pm 
Banned

Mo Democrats Mo Problems!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 pm 

Sorry, this is NOT limited to Dems. Plenty of Republicans have been adjudged as just as slimy as anyone else.
We just seem to have an ingrained tolerance for pay to play politics in this area. I saw Burris speaking at the Chicago City Club on TV yesterday, and the man just doesn't seem to have a clue this sort of behavior is unethical. Just like Blago. I think both of them could pass a lie detector test.
I am glad the Sun Times got the giant scoop about the Burris affidavit and told us all about it. Otherwise, it seems as if it would remain a secret after 10 days in the hand of the chairwoman of the House Impeachment Committee without a peep to anyone.
Burris seems like an intelligent, affable fellow. However, after his speech yesterday, I don't think he's willing to be the poster boy for reform of political ethics in Illinois. He'll fight to the death for the status quo.
I'm not at all sure he could be convicted for perjury.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:07 pm 

I have a song to dedicate to old Rowland - The Party's Over! :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 pm 

freetime wrote:
Sorry, this is NOT limited to Dems. Plenty of Republicans have been adjudged as just as slimy as anyone else.
We just seem to have an ingrained tolerance for pay to play politics in this area. I saw Burris speaking at the Chicago City Club on TV yesterday, and the man just doesn't seem to have a clue this sort of behavior is unethical. Just like Blago. I think both of them could pass a lie detector test.
I am glad the Sun Times got the giant scoop about the Burris affidavit and told us all about it. Otherwise, it seems as if it would remain a secret after 10 days in the hand of the chairwoman of the House Impeachment Committee without a peep to anyone.
Burris seems like an intelligent, affable fellow. However, after his speech yesterday, I don't think he's willing to be the poster boy for reform of political ethics in Illinois. He'll fight to the death for the status quo.
I'm not at all sure he could be convicted for perjury.

Kidding, right? He's dumber than a sack of hammers...
He only wanted ONE thing...the right to put United States Senator Roland Burris on his mausoleum.
And Obama wantd ONE thing...his vote on the Stimulus bill. Now they can throw him under the frickin' bus...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm 

Obama's press secretary has already said Burris needs to go. Before we get too lost here, first Obama didn't want him in because he didn't like who appointed him, then he said seat him after all, then after a few votes now he needs to go. What changed? Nothing really. Nothing we really didn't already know. Just more proof that Obama is definitely no Lincoln.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:29 pm 
Banned

What ever happend to Edge......I like to hear his views on the subject......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 am 

Quote:
Burris' son Got State Job From Blago
Chicago Sun Times

The son of embattled Sen. Roland Burris is a federal tax deadbeat who landed a $75,000-a-year state job under former Gov. Rod Blagojevich five months ago, the Chicago Sun-Times has learned. Blagojevich's administration hired Roland W. Burris II as a senior counsel for the state's housing authority Sept. 10 -- about six weeks after the Internal Revenue Service slapped a $34,163 tax lien on Burris II and three weeks after a mortgage company filed a foreclosure suit on his South Side house.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/burr ... 26.article

Now why can't they investigate Obama with the same attitude?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm 

THEY ALL NEED TO GO. DEMS, REPUBS, LIBS, CONS. ALL BUT THE AGGRESSIVES.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm 

SURPRISE!

Burris Pleads for Senate Appointment on Taped Call

Sen. Roland Burris promised to "personally do something" for Rod Blagojevich's campaign fund while pressing for the then-Illinois governor to appoint him to President Obama's former Senate seat, according to a wiretap transcript released Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05 ... latestnews

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:17 am 

Screech wrote:
SURPRISE!

Burris Pleads for Senate Appointment on Taped Call

Sen. Roland Burris promised to "personally do something" for Rod Blagojevich's campaign fund while pressing for the then-Illinois governor to appoint him to President Obama's former Senate seat, according to a wiretap transcript released Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05 ... latestnews

Quote:

Caught on tape playing for pay,
Senator Burris implies the tape got it wrong