Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Debate of Gov. Candidates
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:15 pm 

Anyone watching? What are your thoughts?
So far it seems like Ms. Thompson is saying "Daniels evil, me good"

Post subject: Re: Debate of Gov. Candidates
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:50 pm 

Looks like I'm voting for the Libertarian. He's the only one on stage that doesn't seem to be talking out his butt.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:04 pm 

I thought that Jill Long Thompson was *itchy acting. She kept blinking every second also which made me think she was either lying or has a disorder.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 pm 

The entire premise of her campaign seems to be "mitch is lying, I say so." Kinda like a certain Hammond group.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:50 pm 

hmmm wrote:
I thought that Jill Long Thompson was *itchy acting. She kept blinking every second also which made me think she was either lying or has a disorder.

I'd give her a pass on that one. Those bright TV lights can do a number on your eyes if you're not used to it.

I started to say if you're always living in darkness as a political reference. :P

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:22 pm 

I was surprised that she didn't bring up the fact that she wants to add a fifth year to high school to get the kids that drop out of school to graduate.

In addition to the fact that if you can't get a kid to go for four year how do you manage five, what about the fact that the schools are already crowded? What about the extra taxes for the extra teachers and all the other things that go with adding a 13th year?

Wow if I was running for governor I would propose a three year high school for those that would qualify and instead of attending a fourth year they could start college or a trade school as long as they graduated with a certain gpa and credits. There are a lot of kids that could definitely get a jump on a career because they work hard in school and there should be no reason to take a fourth year of high school. I know by the end of my junior year I had more than enough credits to graduate. Then again I didn't take ping pong and chinese checkers or study hall.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:41 pm 

Long John Thompson is betting on the Presidential election going full blown democratic voters voting along party lines in Indiana.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm 

I wouldn't take that bet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am 

http://www.palinaspresident.us/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:43 pm 

ok