Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: JLT Campaign advisors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:26 am 

JLT seemed to have one mission tonight, attack, attack, attack! Whoever she had do debate prep should be out looking for a new job right about now. The only thing that she did was "and that's why I'm running for Gov." No matter what the question was, she spent the first 50 seconds of her 90 seconds saying Mitch Daniels evil, me perfect.

Campaigning 101 should had put her on the offensive rather than defensive. She is not now in the position to go on defense. She should have laid out how and why she is different rather than attack from the gates. The Libertarian candidate made a good suggestion of being in the middle of that faux slugging match.

EVERY family, business and political entity has its bad seeds. THAT should be the very first thing put out there. Those who seek public office are looking to be responsible for the public trust. How can you trust said political official when they sell out your roads to foreign corporations that will profit for 50 plus years? How can you trust someone when they hire inexperienced people in return for political favors and pay them, very handsomely, to do something that an experienced person would do for less? How can you trust someone who attacks all day and only offers you a sample of their intentions. The message gets lost somewhere in there. I can only hope JTL seeks better advise and prep before this next debate or, as I sadly expect, Mitch will be riding into a second term. And did you know that WE, Hoosier taxpayers, pay for Mitch to fly back and forth from West Virgina on the State plane? Legislators, do your damn job, write a law that says that unless on "official" state business that plane stays grounded. We already pay gas for Mitch to drive around in his RV, WHY on God's green Earth do we pay him to fly back and forth from his vacation home? State business I think NOT!

Post subject: Re: JLT Campaign advisors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:33 am 

She was like an inexperienced two year old. With the likes of "I know you are but what am I" like tactics. This is exactly why she is not ready to be Governor. She is a one issue with no other platform. Her platform is whatever he is for I am not. A lot of people like the BMV, taxcap, workforce development reorganization etc....

I was waiting for her to stick out her tongue and put her fingers in her ears. This is exactly why she is 22 points behind. I think Schellinger would have at least given Mitch a run for his money.