Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Right-to-work bill passes House committee
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:55 pm 

USMarine wrote:
The workers don't own anything in Communism. The fact that chuckles doesn't know that just illustrates the point that our teachers aren't doing the job.

Quote:
com·mu·nism   
[kom-yuh-niz-uhm]
–noun
1. A theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole.

Quote:
We
pron we [wiː]
1. The word used by a speaker or writer in mentioning himself or herself together with other people.

The fact that you do not know just illustrates why you could never be an educator...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm 

chuckles48 wrote:
USMarine wrote:
The workers don't own anything in Communism. The fact that chuckles doesn't know that just illustrates the point that our teachers aren't doing the job.

Quote:
com·mu·nism   
[kom-yuh-niz-uhm]
–noun
1. A theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole.

The fact that you do not know just illustrates why you could never be an educator...

"The fact that you do not know just..." WTF..... :roll:

:lol:

Quote:
com·mu·nism   /ˈkɒmyəˌnɪzəm/ Show Spelled
[kom-yuh-niz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun
1. ( often initial capital letter ) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.

I would bet that anyone who has ever lived under Communism would say that my definition is the correct one.

Now YOU have been educated...... :smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:21 pm 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

I have paid thousands into Social Security and will never collect one penny of it. So I guess I have the right to protest you since you are taking MY money that I have paid into this government program and will never receive any benefit!

Actually I just finished working in the private since I have been retired so I now qualify for Social Security...

Worked as a construction laborer for three years after I retired (Local Union #6)...Came home much more tired as a teacher than as a laborer...

So, the first statement was a blatant LIE. In early 2010, when you stated you "will never collect one penny of it", you were actually working or had already finished working just so you could obtain SS.
You know, you've been pegged correctly here. You're a dishonest guy. Marine chose not to be an educator, but the fact that you were one (or so you claim) is scary...downright scary.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 am 

sparks wrote:

“As we discuss and debate ways to grow our economy, the administration and the members of the Indiana General Assembly must do a better job of ensuring that all Hoosiers are able to share in the wealth that they work each day to create – and that’s what this is intended to do,” she added.
Presented by workers from around the state, the “Workers’ Bill of Rights” includes:
1. The right to a job
We believe that every Hoosier who wants a job should be able to find one and we support policies that create jobs for Hoosiers and all Americans.
2. The right to fair pay
We believe that every Hoosier deserves the right to a job that pays a living wage that can support a family.
3. The right to a safe working environment
We believe that no one’s life or health should be endangered by going to work. We support the implementation and enforcement of the strongest possible provisions for workplace safety.
4. The right to be free from discrimination
We believe in equality in the workplace and therefore support barring all forms of discrimination. Today, we wish to raise awareness of two emerging forms of discrimination that promise to bar a recovery that includes all Hoosiers – discrimination based on credit score and discrimination against those who are unemployed.
5. Right to organize
We believe in the right of every Hoosier to make decisions about his or her representation by a labor organization and, if one is chosen, to guide the decisions of that organization, in a democratic manner and to negotiate with their employer about the terms and conditions of their work to the fullest extent permitted by federal law.
6. Right to economic security
We believe that every Hoosier should have the right to economic security and strongly support measures to guard investments, pensions and other savings products from fraud, mismanagement, or dilution. We also support strong, solvent unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation systems that replaces lost wages with dignity and dispatch, assisting Hoosiers when they need it most.
7. Right to health care
We believe that every Hoosier deserves access to quality and affordable health care and encourage the members of the General Assembly to protect and promote this fundamental right.
8. Right to a quality education
We believe in a strong and accountable public education system and support measures to strengthen K-12 education, make higher education more affordable and to expand workforce training opportunities.
9. The right to know
We believe that all workers have the right to know how their tax dollars are being spent. We support the publishing of all transactions, contracts and spending online and in real time and including which tax incentives, abatements or other government programs private businesses are accessing.
10. Right to representative government
We believe in a representative government that acknowledges the voices of working people. We support a fair and open redistricting process resulting in effective representation for all Hoosiers, elected leaders making budget and taxing decisions rather than appointed bureaucrats and a robust system of checks and balances.
“The rights we’ve laid out are all basic Hoosier values that will ensure working people in this state have access to greater economic opportunities in the future,” Guyott said. “Indiana and America prospers best not when we pit state against state, Republican against Democrat, business against labor, or neighbor against neighbor. We prosper when we work together to create an economy that works for all – and that’s what this document is all about.”
“We look forward to working with all the members of the general assembly and the governor to make these rights a reality for all Hoosiers,” she added.

That sounds like it came right out of the constitution. Not the US Constitution - the Soviet constitution. So if that's what you believe you are but a plane ride away to enter utopia. ;)

While what you say/ quote may sound good to the uneducated masses claiming these things as a "right" is unsupported and unintended by the US Constitution.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:12 pm 

House Dems to return to Indy
Quote:
The provisions of the compromise include:
- Right-to-work legislation is off the table, preserving collective bargaining rights;
- The permanent ban on public employee bargaining is off the table in the House;
- Enabling legislation for private takeover of public schools is off the table in the House;
- Private school vouchers will be limited to 7,500 students in the first year and 15,000 in the second year, rather than the largest voucher program in the nation the Republicans originally wanted;
- Rather than an outright ban of Project Labor Agreements as Republicans wanted, PLAs still can be included with projects passed by public referendum; and
- The threshold for applying the common construction wage to projects would be $250,000 for 2012 and $350,000 for 2013, rather than the job-killing $1 million threshold the Republicans wanted.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/7e0a8145-63c9-5fe6-a9a9-a490079d76f6.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm 

Mirage wrote:
sparks wrote:

“As we discuss and debate ways to grow our economy, the administration and the members of the Indiana General Assembly must do a better job of ensuring that all Hoosiers are able to share in the wealth that they work each day to create – and that’s what this is intended to do,” she added.
Presented by workers from around the state, the “Workers’ Bill of Rights” includes:
1. The right to a job
We believe that every Hoosier who wants a job should be able to find one and we support policies that create jobs for Hoosiers and all Americans.
2. The right to fair pay
We believe that every Hoosier deserves the right to a job that pays a living wage that can support a family.
3. The right to a safe working environment
We believe that no one’s life or health should be endangered by going to work. We support the implementation and enforcement of the strongest possible provisions for workplace safety.
4. The right to be free from discrimination
We believe in equality in the workplace and therefore support barring all forms of discrimination. Today, we wish to raise awareness of two emerging forms of discrimination that promise to bar a recovery that includes all Hoosiers – discrimination based on credit score and discrimination against those who are unemployed.
5. Right to organize
We believe in the right of every Hoosier to make decisions about his or her representation by a labor organization and, if one is chosen, to guide the decisions of that organization, in a democratic manner and to negotiate with their employer about the terms and conditions of their work to the fullest extent permitted by federal law.
6. Right to economic security
We believe that every Hoosier should have the right to economic security and strongly support measures to guard investments, pensions and other savings products from fraud, mismanagement, or dilution. We also support strong, solvent unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation systems that replaces lost wages with dignity and dispatch, assisting Hoosiers when they need it most.
7. Right to health care
We believe that every Hoosier deserves access to quality and affordable health care and encourage the members of the General Assembly to protect and promote this fundamental right.
8. Right to a quality education
We believe in a strong and accountable public education system and support measures to strengthen K-12 education, make higher education more affordable and to expand workforce training opportunities.
9. The right to know
We believe that all workers have the right to know how their tax dollars are being spent. We support the publishing of all transactions, contracts and spending online and in real time and including which tax incentives, abatements or other government programs private businesses are accessing.
10. Right to representative government
We believe in a representative government that acknowledges the voices of working people. We support a fair and open redistricting process resulting in effective representation for all Hoosiers, elected leaders making budget and taxing decisions rather than appointed bureaucrats and a robust system of checks and balances.
“The rights we’ve laid out are all basic Hoosier values that will ensure working people in this state have access to greater economic opportunities in the future,” Guyott said. “Indiana and America prospers best not when we pit state against state, Republican against Democrat, business against labor, or neighbor against neighbor. We prosper when we work together to create an economy that works for all – and that’s what this document is all about.”
“We look forward to working with all the members of the general assembly and the governor to make these rights a reality for all Hoosiers,” she added

That sounds like it came right out of the constitution. Not the US Constitution - the Soviet constitution. So if that's what you believe you are but a plane ride away to enter utopia. ;)

While what you say/ quote may sound good to the uneducated masses claiming these things as a "right" is unsupported and unintended by the US Constitution.

you'll also notice that NOWHERE does it lay ANY responsibility on the lap of the union hack who is demanding all of this.

not ONE GODDAMN thing.

I guess the COMPANY OWNER WHO PAYS THE BILLS AND PAYS THE WAGES AND PAYS THE TAXES has no rights in sparks world...

what a worthless pile of liberal perpetually entitlement horseshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:19 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
what a worthless pile of liberal perpetually entitlement horseshit.

Well...put a positive spin on it...you will never get an ulcer because you hold your emotions in...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:44 pm 

Yeah those poor company owners, like all the steel mills, NIPSCO, trucking industry, I can go on and on.. You know it is because of the unions that other companies went to china to pay workers $1.00 an hour with no benefits.. Don't bother calling me names, I don't work in a union and never have, I'm not a dumb azz liberal democrat, but also not a dumb azz republican. These scumbag politicians talk about "lucrative benefits" what about their salary and benefits for one term in office?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:38 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
Yeah those poor company owners, like all the steel mills, NIPSCO, trucking industry, I can go on and on..

steel mills, NIPSCO, trucking industry?

DUMBO's agenda is to crush SMALL business.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 am 

Thanks for the chuck-le!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Politician's R Liars wrote:
Yeah those poor company owners, like all the steel mills, NIPSCO, trucking industry, I can go on and on..

steel mills, NIPSCO, trucking industry?

DUMBO's agenda is to crush SMALL business.

But I don't know too many "small business's" that have union workers? Don't get me wrong unions have changed and most union workers are lazy uneducated idiots, but what and who will ever stand up for the working class? The government and "minimum wage" is a joke along with benefits and I'm not just talking about Walmart jobs. Big industries like steel mills will treat employees like third world countries do if unions are run out and you know that is a fact!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:00 am 

Indiana unemployment lower than in many right-to-work states

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and- ... z1Tn12BiiI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:21 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:

Yeah...just look at all the good unions have done for Detroit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:

Yeah...just look at all the good unions have done for Detroit.

And Gary . . .

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke