It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Right-to-work bill passes House committee
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:58 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
paul87920 wrote:
Mitch Daniels: Democrats have right to protest right-to-work bill

Quote:
"Just to affirm, the activities of today are perfectly legitimate – part of the process. Even the smallest minority… has every right to express the strength of its views and I salute those who did," he said.

Quote:
"I'm not going to divert a single trooper from their job of protecting the Indiana public," he said.

Doesn't change the fact that democRATS run and hide like cowards whenever they are going to lose a fair fight.

Call it democRATS against democracy.

The left are a bunch of union cowards, just like Fat Boy Sparky.

Remember your messiah's words: "elections have consequences", except this time conservatives won.

Name another job where you can decide to just not show up and keep your job and not even lose your pay? This crap is childish and unamerican. Not one of these bozos should be re-elected, unfortunately most probably will win easily.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 am 

Image wrote:

“As we discuss and debate ways to grow our economy, the administration and the members of the Indiana General Assembly must do a better job of ensuring that all Hoosiers are able to share in the wealth that they work each day to create – and that’s what this is intended to do,” she added.
Presented by workers from around the state, the “Workers’ Bill of Rights” includes:
1. The right to a job
We believe that every Hoosier who wants a job should be able to find one and we support policies that create jobs for Hoosiers and all Americans.
2. The right to fair pay
We believe that every Hoosier deserves the right to a job that pays a living wage that can support a family.
3. The right to a safe working environment
We believe that no one’s life or health should be endangered by going to work. We support the implementation and enforcement of the strongest possible provisions for workplace safety.
4. The right to be free from discrimination
We believe in equality in the workplace and therefore support barring all forms of discrimination. Today, we wish to raise awareness of two emerging forms of discrimination that promise to bar a recovery that includes all Hoosiers – discrimination based on credit score and discrimination against those who are unemployed.
5. Right to organize
We believe in the right of every Hoosier to make decisions about his or her representation by a labor organization and, if one is chosen, to guide the decisions of that organization, in a democratic manner and to negotiate with their employer about the terms and conditions of their work to the fullest extent permitted by federal law.
6. Right to economic security
We believe that every Hoosier should have the right to economic security and strongly support measures to guard investments, pensions and other savings products from fraud, mismanagement, or dilution. We also support strong, solvent unemployment insurance and workers’ compensation systems that replaces lost wages with dignity and dispatch, assisting Hoosiers when they need it most.
7. Right to health care
We believe that every Hoosier deserves access to quality and affordable health care and encourage the members of the General Assembly to protect and promote this fundamental right.
8. Right to a quality education
We believe in a strong and accountable public education system and support measures to strengthen K-12 education, make higher education more affordable and to expand workforce training opportunities.
9. The right to know
We believe that all workers have the right to know how their tax dollars are being spent. We support the publishing of all transactions, contracts and spending online and in real time and including which tax incentives, abatements or other government programs private businesses are accessing.
10. Right to representative government
We believe in a representative government that acknowledges the voices of working people. We support a fair and open redistricting process resulting in effective representation for all Hoosiers, elected leaders making budget and taxing decisions rather than appointed bureaucrats and a robust system of checks and balances.
“The rights we’ve laid out are all basic Hoosier values that will ensure working people in this state have access to greater economic opportunities in the future,” Guyott said. “Indiana and America prospers best not when we pit state against state, Republican against Democrat, business against labor, or neighbor against neighbor. We prosper when we work together to create an economy that works for all – and that’s what this document is all about.”
“We look forward to working with all the members of the general assembly and the governor to make these rights a reality for all Hoosiers,” she added.

NOWHERE IN THIS WHOLE PILE OF HORSHSHIT DOES IT STATE THAT THE WORKER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING FORTH ANY EFFORT OF HIS OWN TOWARD ACQUIRING ANY OF THESE THINGS...NOT ONE GODDAMN THING.

EVERYTHING IN THIS STUPID LIST THE WORKER WANTS,... NO DEMANDS, IS TO BE PAID FOR BY SOMEONE ELSE.

ALL IT SAYS IS GIMME GIMME GIMME AND LET BIG GUB'MINT RUN MY LIFE ALL THEY WANT.

TYPICAL LIBERAL ''I'M ENTITLED'' BULLSHIT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:47 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
And the libs, unlike the conservatives are running and hiding like cowards.[/b]

Lawmaker walkouts not uncommon
Experts say both sides use walkouts to have a voice

Quote:
Republicans walked out in 2001. That was over the redrawing of legislative districts. The walkout lasted two days, and was led by Brian Bosma, minority leader and now current house speaker.

Quote:
That walkout ended when Democrats agreed to compromise.

Quote:
Republicans also walked out in 1991 and 1975.

http://articles.wsbt.com/2011-02-23/walkout_28623281

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:53 am 

Viewpoint: Numbers don't add up to support right-to-work law
Quote:
Why, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 11 states with the highest unemployment rates, are six of them right-to-work states? As a matter of fact, the Nos. 1 and 3 are right-to-work states.

Quote:
Indiana currently ranks 37th in per capita income, and of the 13 states that rank lower, nine of them have right-to-work laws.

http://heraldbulletin.com/letters/x72346188/Viewpoint-Numbers-dont-add-up-to-support-right-to-work-law/print
...all it means is less for the worker and more for the owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Why, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 11 states with the highest unemployment rates, are six of them right-to-work states? As a matter of fact, the Nos. 1 and 3 are right-to-work states.

Quote:
Indiana currently ranks 37th in per capita income, and of the 13 states that rank lower, nine of them have right-to-work laws.

http://heraldbulletin.com/letters/x72346188/Viewpoint-Numbers-dont-add-up-to-support-right-to-work-law/print

:lol:

WE are the owners!!!

The TAXPAYERS are the ones supporting the Unions and chuckles says that if we have "right-to-work" laws then WE the People will have more and the Union will have less.

I agree....... :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 am 

USMarine wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

WE are the owners!!!

You own all the companies? wow what are you doing hanging around here...Thought you would be a lot busier...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 am 

chuckles48 wrote:
You own all the companies? wow what are you doing hanging around here...Thought you would be a lot busier...

Naaa.... :D

I only hire non-union workers so things get done and I don't have to get my hands dirty.

They make good money and pay their bills and house their families.

It's their right to work and YOU want to take that away from them.

Typical.

:smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:15 am 

USMarine wrote:
WE are the owners!!!

The workers are the company's owners?? YOU COMMIE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am 

chuckles48 wrote:
USMarine wrote:
WE are the owners!!!

The workers are the company's owners?? YOU COMMIE!!!

:lol:

The workers don't own anything in Communism. The fact that chuckles doesn't know that just illustrates the point that our teachers aren't doing the job.

In Communism, the GOVERNMENT owns the means of production.

The issue here is PUBLIC SECTOR Unions which make the TAXPAYER (We) the owner.

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 am 

USMarine wrote:
WE are the owners!!!

USMarine wrote:
The issue here is PUBLIC SECTOR Unions which make the TAXPAYER (We) the owner.

This is exactly the point the Democrats and protesters seem to want to sweep under the rug.
The people who are asking that the public union workers cede some of their extraordinary benefits are not the 'greedy robber barons of the corporate world'.
The people who are asking that the public union workers cede some of their extraordinary benefits are US - the ones who are forced to subsidize their perks, perks which the ordinary private-sector middle-class citizens are not fortunate enough to have.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:36 am 
Banned

chuckmo48 wrote:

Take your "power to the people" and "stick it to the man" schtick back to the 60's. Personally, I want the right to say NO to union extortion. Why is that a problem for you people?
In any place I work, if the wages and benefits are no longer commensurate with my education and skill, then I won't work there.
All you pro-union apes talk as if there is some imaginary gun to your head to force you work in a specific profession at a specific location for substandard wages and benefits.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 am 

USMarine wrote:

The workers don't own anything in Communism. The fact that chuckles doesn't know that just illustrates the point that our teachers aren't doing the job.

Hey Jarhead....why are you wasting your time with this guy?

he's probably spent his entire life living off the gub'mint tit and now demands that Joe Taxpayer foot the entire bill for healthcare and pension for public workers even though Joe Taxpayer himself doesn't get anything like that.

one of the perpetually entitled crowd.

I wonder if this guy even knows what a hard days work is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:41 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Statistics don't lie. What "right to work" really means is the right to work for less.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:43 pm 

splirks wrote:
Statistics don't lie. What "right to work" really means is the right to work for less.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

~ Mark Twain~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:44 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
I wonder if this guy even knows what a hard days work is.

Worked as a construction laborer for three years after I retired (Local Union #6)...Came home much more tired as a teacher than as a laborer...