Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Gary looks like a bombed out city.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 pm 

When Gary got the nationwide publicity on the "millionaire show", how could some residents of the city say it was great, except if you got some of those millions. It showed just how bad the city is. Before long there will be nothing there. To prove my point. Why did they have a showing of the show over in Hammond at the the Travel Center on Kennedy Ave. What was the reason when Gary has the famous Genisis Center, right in the heart of Gary. Too dangerous to go there at night? Or is it finally the white elephant that we all know it to be. That white part is just a common saying and I don't mean it as a racist remark. If the current trend continues, Gary will loose evry citizen in time as one by one they move out. They will never overcome the present situation, who ever is the Mayor. They had better wake up and take care of there problems today and not tomorrow. They have to work together and ask for help from the outside. Cast away that black and white barrier that everyone knows exists, but won't admit it. Don't get fooled by the politicans. Vote for who you think is best for you. Gary citizens are thrown a few bones from time to time because it's pre determined blacks vote for one party. Show you don"t. this time around. In the fall, vote on both sides of the ballot. If you don't, I hope the last person that leaves town, will turn out the lights.

Post subject: Re: Gary looks like a bombed out city.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:54 am 

You make some very good points. Sorry to say that ALL of the Democrats presently running for Mayor in the City of Gary are pitching the usual scare tactic on their citizens. And that is "OUTSIDERS" i.e. white people are waiting to take over "THEIR" City. The citizens of Gary do not care if their City fails. Just as long as they, the citizens of Gary are in charge! What works is actually besides the point to the people of Gary. Some people may say my thoughts are not accurate. But people also told me i was incorrect when i said that the City of Hammond would pass the City of Gary in population. The last count proved me to be correct.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 am 

Hi Bigdog:: You said it correctly. I didn't want to get it into that racist thing. But as long as you said it I'll continue with facts I am aware off. Sure the word around Gary is if we got it, don't let the "whities" get any part of it. They don't look at who had it in the first place. They will never mention anything about what they took away or what it was. If Gary is to survive, if by chances it does, this division of who has what, has to disapear.
Basicall speaking, Gary doesn't have much to offer that anyone in their right mind, would want. They are broke, the city is completely run down, even the empty lots are filled with junk. Go down the streets any day after 1pm, you will see hundreds standing around with that paper bag covering a beer bottle. They can't claim they can't find a job, first they have to clean themselves up and go looking. But don't take that paper bag with them.
Work for what ever they you can get. One must remember, they are the ones that put them into the condition they are in, at the start. Gary is full of retired people that worked the American way, but are wanting and are leaving the town in mass. The city leaders must straighten up and do things right. Every city project has had scandal connected one way or another.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:02 am 

It's Hatchers legacy 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:25 am 

Of note here it looks like the legislature means to prevent the possibility of bankruptcy for cities and government taxing units. The proposed legislation in today's Times was intended to make repayment terms more favorable in reorganization but was rejected because it was felt that government needs to pay its debts.

I think I have a solution. Just change the proposal to say a government unit needs the governor or the legislature to approve a total liquidation so that the possibility will be there to encourage more favorable repayment plans.

Make no mistake about it Gary needs to reorganize its debts and contracts. It is broke and the means of the people to repay does not exist without reorganization and discipline.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:45 pm 

YOU ARE CORRECT.. O BAMA WANTS THAT 7 DOLLAR FIGURE. WATCH FOR MORE THINGS TO INCREASE. FOOD PRICES ARE GAINING DAILY, DUE TO THE GAS PRICES.