Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unions Hold Road Work Hostage With Their Greed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:20 pm 

Mephisto wrote:
:twisted:

Quote:
Dollar amount, how much do you think they should make in an hour?

How much does a feet on the ground United States Soldier make an hour?

Doesn't matter...they volunteered for it so no one should be bitching about it....

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm 

chuckblo48 wrote:
Mephisto wrote:

Quote:

Doesn't matter...they volunteered for it so no one should be bitching about it....

Interesting. I think the teachers in Wisconsin CHOSE to be teachers in Wisconsin.

Yes?

So I am glad to see that chuckles is on board with stripping the public sector unions of their ability to extort the taxpayers.

Welcome aboard, chuckblo!

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:30 am 

Mephisto wrote:

Quote:

Depends on their rank. It costs the taxpayers US one million dollars a year for each soldier in the middle east. That comes out to $480/hr.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:41 am 

sparks wrote:
Depends on their rank. It costs the taxpayers US one million dollars a year for each soldier in the middle east. That comes out to $480/hr.

good grief.

Are you union hacks really now going to defend your stance by comparing the tour of duty of a U.S. soldier in the middle east with you crybabies sitting in the port a potty every morning shitting out last nights alcohol for a half hour?

FY sparks

Now if you REALLY want to talk numbers..... if we took what YOU make a year and actually divided by the number of hours you actually work a day, I'm sure your hourly wage would double if not triple.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 am 

I don't think our soldiers make enough money for the risks they take.

George, if you take an Operating Engineer job, I wouldn't be within a mile of that worksite.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:50 am 

karent wrote:
I don't think our soldiers make enough money for the risks they take.

Seconded.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 am 

To stabilize the US economy, many will have to get hurt financialy. Some pay checks are way out of control. So now, I have many mad at me, for making that statement. Price ajustments need to be made in all sectors, including the big money executives. A tighter control on Wall street needs to become effective. Many that are working today, are being paid their high salaries because years ago, their employers were making large amount of profit. Not one person worried about todays future. The gravy days are over at the present. Salaries have to be scaled back. That's the only answer to settle the finacial future. Companies are going to have to reduce their amount of profit. Now if you think I'm nuts, let's have your solution. You must admit, anything that has been tried to this point has failed. That goverment baleout was a complete failure. Giving money away will show some relief, but not for long. The money has to run out at sometime. Actually the money spent on that baleout, was money technally
we didn't have. We are working on a false economy. If a company is ready for bankrupty, giving them additional money isn't the answer. Let them scale down and correct the problems that got them into that position. Workers that lived high and mighty in the past, are going to have to scale down that lifestyle and except a lower salary, plain and simple. I am very familar with the true financial picture. Many out there, say "let the other guy settle the proble", when in fact they themselves may have been the problem from the start.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:24 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
2500 Guys, who already make $40 an hour plus full benefits, are holding 14 counties hostage.

Keep that in mind when you are sweltering in traffic.

Actually they are making $61.15 hour including benefits. Full time this represents about $127,000 per year.

http://www.in.gov/dol/2596.htm

Paid for with your tax dollars.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:40 pm 

Very few of those guys get to work 52 weeks a year. The weather just won't let them. Glad you last two posters differentiated between plus benefits and including benefits.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 am 

Quote:
Target workers at New York store reject union
Reuters, by Brad Dorfman

CHICAGO - Workers at a Target Corp (TGT.N) discount store in New York voted to reject union representation in a closely watched battle over unionization in the retail sector. Workers at the Valley Stream, New York, store voted against union affiliation by a count of 137 to 85, Target said in a statement released Saturday. The vote was taken on Friday. A union representative could not be reached for comment early Saturday. Target employs thousands of workers at 27 stores in the New York City area. None of the Minneapolis-based company's 1,755 or so U.S. stores have union-represented employees.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/ ... 2820110618

Having someone they don't know grabbing a chunk of their paycheck every week and handing it over to the democraps wasn't too appealling to them I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Reuters, by Brad Dorfman

CHICAGO - Workers at a Target Corp (TGT.N) discount store in New York voted to reject union representation in a closely watched battle over unionization in the retail sector. Workers at the Valley Stream, New York, store voted against union affiliation by a count of 137 to 85, Target said in a statement released Saturday. The vote was taken on Friday. A union representative could not be reached for comment early Saturday. Target employs thousands of workers at 27 stores in the New York City area. None of the Minneapolis-based company's 1,755 or so U.S. stores have union-represented employees.

Having someone they don't know grabbing a chunk of their paycheck every week and handing it over to the democraps wasn't too appealling to them I guess.

It sounds to me like the reason 137 workers at this Target are working at low wage jobs with no benefits is because they aren't smart enough to collectively bargain for higher wages!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 pm 

sparks wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Reuters, by Brad Dorfman

It sounds to me like the reason 137 workers at this Target are working at low wage jobs with no benefits is because they aren't smart enough to collectively bargain for higher wages!

And how does splirks know this.. :roll:
I would like to see some PROOF of his bullsh*t assertions that these people are working at low wages with no benefits.

Post the proof for everyone to see, splanks.

:smt005 :smt006

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:43 pm 

sparks wrote:

Maybe they looked at your sorry excuse of a "life" ((union benefits, "high" wages) but you still depend on the City of Hammond to pay your daughter's way through college and the only color you get on your pasty face comes from a computer monitor.

Can you imagine being a middle-aged worker forced to give up their precious free time to stand in front of a giant inflatable rat so some other slob can sleep on the job without fearing any repercussions?

They probably decided that keeping the union dues in their own pockets would be of better benefit in the long run.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 pm 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:

They probably decided that keeping the union dues in their own pockets would be of better benefit in the long run.

If that truly is what they are thinking they are DEAD. WRONG.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:46 am 

WhitingLib wrote:
If that truly is what they are thinking they are DEAD. WRONG.

You're right. What was I thinking? I forgot that if union influence continues to decline we can all expect the return of the Black Plague, World War II, and the Spanish Inquisition. Its those guys hanging out by the inflatable rat that keep those scourges at bay.

Further, I should realize that lack of opportunity in 'da Region has nothing to do with poor schools,crooked politics, or an outmoded attitude. Like the guys at McCormick place learned the hard way, further unionization=further growth. Just look at HammondGaryEastChicagoWhiting, after all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next