Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Having the Right To Work in Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Indiana Joins Ranks of Free States

It’s rather remarkable that the US still has states, more than half even, where people are forced into association with others against their will – and even required to fork over money for the privilege, money which is then used to support politicians peddling big government policies. Yet that is precisely what happens under forced unionization regimes. Indiana is now joining the ranks of the enlightened and has become a right-to-work state, putting an end to this corrupt racket.

Freedom to associate, or not associate, at one’s pleasure is an important end in itself, but it also comes with economic benefit. States with right-to-work laws are much better off than states without. Right-to-work states have lower unemployment, for instance. But most importantly, they have more freedom.

Still, an astonishing 27 states continue to support indentured servitude through forced unionization.

The fight continues.

I won, you lost.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:35 am 

chuckwad48 wrote:
Hope all you republicons had fun watching all those union thug NFL players in the Super Bowl yesterday...too funny...(or baseball and basketball union players...LOL)

That's a typically stupid remark... :roll:

Nobody ever said anything about not having the right to be in a union, it's the exact opposite in the sense that people should have the right NOT to belong to a union.

Hope that clears things up for the uneducted (that's a shout-out to planewreck540.. :lol: ) Obamaba voters.

Thanks..... :smt006

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am 

Does anyone remember the NFL strike of the mid-to-late 1980's? The details are fuzzy, but I do remember all sorts of union gorillas honoring the NFL picket lines. Then, a few months to a year later, one interchangeable union or another threw a big strike and expected NFL players to respect that action. The players walked right over the nosepickers, into their stadiums, and then to the banks to cash their fat checks. Suckers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am 

USMarine wrote:
chuckwad48 wrote:
Hope all you republicons had fun watching all those union thug NFL players in the Super Bowl yesterday...too funny...(or baseball and basketball union players...LOL)

That's a typically stupid remark... :roll:

Nobody ever said anything about not having the right to be in a union, it's the exact opposite in the sense that people should have the right NOT to belong to a union.

Hope that clears things up for the uneducted (that's a shout-out to planewreck540.. :lol: ) Obamaba voters.

Thanks..... :smt006

chuckmo has a propensity to not understand most of the things he posts about.
He does, however, make a wonderful pet parrot, and says what his masters want him to say.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:03 pm 

USMarine wrote:

But you and the rest of the republicons think it is OK for the non-union workers to free-load off the union workers for the same benefits and pay...Thought you hated freeloaders...At least have the guts to say what it is really intended to do...break the unions...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:12 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
I won, you lost.

...so mature...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
But you and the rest of the republicons think it is OK for the non-union workers to free-load off the union workers for the same benefits and pay...Thought you hated freeloaders...At least have the guts to say what it is really intended to do...break the unions...

In this case, unions are like the squeegee guys that spray stuff on your windows, wipe it off, and demand a fee. Their services aren't necessarily wanted, but payment is expected anyway. Further, since Democrats can never say "no" to using other people's money to allow freeloading at will, what is your problem with hardcore union acolytes paying their dues and those who just want to work showing up at the job site to do so--free of union officials picking their pockets?

chuckmo48 wrote:

...so mature...

Looks like you are stuck going along for the ride, but y'alls gwan ta' hab' ta' be sittin' in da' back of de' bus for awhal.