Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:12 pm 

As if I am the only one that finds one of you bossy and bitchy and the other annoying and boring.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:34 pm 

Well since nobody's ever accused Free of being boring I guess we know which was which. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:36 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Well since nobody's ever accused Free of being boring I guess we know which was which. ;)

Sorry I meant whiny and complaining.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:42 pm 

And people wonder why taxes are so high when this is just the tip of the proverbial ice berg as far as government programs go. And look at the name, how many people have not heard of the "Healthy Start" program? This is going on nation-wide I'm sure. "Federal grants" are still your money. Government has no money of it's own so what they do is steal from one to give to another. That is not the Constitutional function of government.

This is why these programs need to be "nipped in the bud" as Barney Fife would say. The results? infant mortality has increased. Another prime example where government gets involved and worsens thje problem, not solves it. Every single "war on" whatever has resulted in the opposite of what they claim was the purpose of pouring money into the rabbit hole.

They're stealing your country, TAKE IT BACK!

*F* the major parties, they got us here in the first place!
http://www.lp.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:50 pm 

Hoosier Master? wrote:
And people wonder why taxes are so high when this is just the tip of the proverbial ice berg as far as government programs go. And look at the name, how many people have not heard of the "Healthy Start" program? This is going on nation-wide I'm sure. "Federal grants" are still your money. Government has no money of it's own so what they do is steal from one to give to another. That is not the Constitutional function of government.

This is why these programs need to be "nipped in the bud" as Barney Fife would say. The results? infant mortality has increased. Another prime example where government gets involved and worsens thje problem, not solves it. Every single "war on" whatever has resulted in the opposite of what they claim was the purpose of pouring money into the rabbit hole.

They're stealing your country, TAKE IT BACK!

*F* the major parties, they got us here in the first place!
http://www.lp.org

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said outside of the last sentence. True the major parties put us in this sinkhole, but since the Libertarians and one issue parties have absolutely 0 chance of changing what is without the assistance of people who are part of the 2 major parties I don't think telling them to "F" off is gonna help much. Might make YOU fell better for telling them off though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:56 pm 

Another federally funded program in northern Lake County.

And again the money is squandered...

Is anyone surprised by this?

You shouldn't be...you elected them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:58 pm 

You shouldn't be...you elected them...

I did not such thing! Now you take that back!! (shake fist)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:04 pm 

Is Jojuana drawing a check from this pile of money?

I was wondering because she lost her job at the last cookie jar....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:19 pm 

Mirage wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said outside of the last sentence. True the major parties put us in this sinkhole, but since the Libertarians and one issue parties have absolutely 0 chance of changing what is without the assistance of people who are part of the 2 major parties I don't think telling them to "F" off is gonna help much. Might make YOU fell better for telling them off though.

Let me see... you stated that you disagree with the last sentence, then you agree that the two major parties got us here?

The two major parties are not going to help Libertarians, they are the ones who set up barriers that we have to topple to win elections. Hell, we have to jump hurdles to even get on the ballot in the first place. But we have and we do.

This is absolutely the wrong attitude, that's why it is so difficult to get Libertarians elected. People need to vote third parties and quit voting for who they think are going to win (this isn't a game) and start voting for the best candidate for the job. I laugh at people who are actually proud to be affiliated with the two major shameful parties.

Were you aware that there was rampant nation-wide vote fraud in this last election by the Republicans? The problem (for them) was that soooo many people turned out to vote AGAINST them that even with the fraud in place they lost seats?

Last edited by Hoosier Master? on Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:23 pm 

Do you think this program would be OK if it actually was decreasing infant mortality in the targeted communities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:28 pm 

freetime wrote:
Do you think this program would be OK if it actually was decreasing infant mortality in the targeted communities?
I still believe it would be handled better and much more efficiently, by a corporation or charity that was given the task rather than by government and the obvious high cost of bureaucracy which is soooo apparent here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
freetime wrote:
Who died and left ARclight in charge anyway?

Well if I had my druthers, the answer would be you freetime.

I guess nobody picked up on the fact that Arclight appears to be saying that he is so bothered by Freetime's posts that he wishes she was dead. What a sad and pathetic little man you are,Arc. I noticed when you talked about preparing a turkey in the Thanksgiving thread, you didn't mention having family or friends over. Do you have any left?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:48 pm 

Hoosier Master? wrote:
rather than by government and the obvious high cost of bureaucracy which is soooo apparent here.
FTA

Quote:

The governing board is supposed to meet at least twice a year with the management committee meeting at least every other month, but minutes show leadership meeting rarely since 1999 and not at all in 2004. A meeting was called for 2005 but never took place.

"They hadn't met in four years, but they wanted us to approve this," he said.

Annual salaries for a staff of 20 top out at $69,404 for the project director down to $27,594 for each of three outreach workers. Receiving $17,692 was East Chicago Controller Charles Pacurar, who is the group's fiscal officer.

Former Gary Mayor Scott King said he did not recall how claims were handled while he was a member of the board.

"There were so many different boards I was on," he said

And maybe he thinks free money comes from the tooth fairy too.

And the dims want to force more of this revolting nonsense on us....

We're doomed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:42 pm 

Hoosier Master? wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Let me see... you stated that you disagree with the last sentence, then you agree that the two major parties got us here?

The two major parties are not going to help Libertarians, they are the ones who set up barriers that we have to topple to win elections. Hell, we have to jump hurdles to even get on the ballot in the first place. But we have and we do.

This is absolutely the wrong attitude, that's why it is so difficult to get Libertarians elected. People need to vote third parties and quit voting for who they think are going to win (this isn't a game) and start voting for the best candidate for the job. I laugh at people who are actually proud to be affiliated with the two major shameful parties.

Were you aware that there was rampant nation-wide vote fraud in this last election by the Republicans? The problem (for them) was that soooo many people turned out to vote AGAINST them that even with the fraud in place they lost seats?

Yes the major parties put us in this mess and yes it will take the help of some of their folds to effect reforms. Why is that so hard to grasp? :shock:

Let me summit all up for you dude. It's called the swing vote. The best you can hope for in the foreseeable future is the Dems & Republicans to be near evenly split as far as power sharing and to trade votes in exchange for changes YOU want to see happen. Yea, I know it's not what you want to hear. Then again your party wins minor skirmishes while losing all the major wars.

I suppose you're just hoping that if you work hard enough eventually people will see the folly of their ways and convert to your way of thinking. It won't happen. The closest something like that had a chance of happening since WW II was Ross Perot. We all know how that worked out.

I know a lot of conservatives could be pursuaded to come your party's way but for a couple of the party's core issues. For example conservatives will like most of your Constitutional constructionist views but could never go for tossing out all drug regulation. So while your party may make many valid claims nothing short of some form of destitution would ever make people consider crossing over en mass, which would have to happen if you refuse to compromise at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:16 pm 

Well this story certainly caught my attention :shock:

I'm glad McD blew the whistle, but I have to wonder why :?:

We are witnessing a breakdown in cheap gov't glue...

There is always a motive... what is the motive? That's the question.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next