Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Carelessness!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:57 pm 

expresso66 wrote:
When I was reading the article, I immediately thought of Chris Morrow! The same things happen when GUEA was in full swing. Now, I know how he never cared to know about the theft from GUEA. He was JUST THERE parading around like he was doing something; in reality, he cared about nothing about what was happening inside GUEA. A great disservice to the tax paying public. And notice too, how the health board hardly had any meetings over the years, the last one being in Pabey's office, or in East Chicago. What a sham these people are! Just think, out of 1.25 million dollars, close to one million went to payrolls! This ought to be investigated just like GUEA was! Are you listening, LC federal attorney? And you, Bernie Carter?

I agree with you. I often said in the old forum that Morrow should have taken his opportunity at GUEA to do exactly what Mayor McDermott did here. I assume you are being facetious about Bernie Carter listening.

(The Real) Tony Bananas wrote:
Well this story certainly caught my attention
I'm glad McD blew the whistle, but I have to wonder why
We are witnessing a breakdown in cheap gov't glue...
There is always a motive... what is the motive? That's the question.

Mayor McDermott deserves praise for his decision. He is making a lot of pols look very bad with this move.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:04 pm 

nwi wrote:

Mayor McDermott deserves praise for his decision. He is making a lot of pols look very bad with this move.

Saying "I'm glad McD blew the whistle" is "praise" :D

Trust me.

And I can't disagree that he's "making a lot of pols look very bad with this move"...nope, you're right about that!

Which takes me back to my question. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:08 pm 

nwi wrote:

Trust me.

And I can't disagree that he's "making a lot of pols look very bad with this move"...nope, you're right about that!

Sorry, I phrased that poorly. I meant to just add my praise and agree with what you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:13 pm 
Banned

honestly i dont think there is any hidden motive here by the mayor other than he thinks the program, the way it is run is wrong.

if i had to speculate as to a hidden agenda? the only thing i can think of that i'd possibly believe is that he;d want to point to this as an example of him being responsible and not a member of the same old lake county pol good ole boy club come election season. but i seriously doubt anyone will remember this down the road so i dont think thats plausible either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:15 pm 

nwi wrote:
nwi wrote:

Trust me.

Sorry, I phrased that poorly. I meant to just add my praise and agree with what you said.

Right on 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:20 pm 

the oracle lives here wrote:
honestly i dont think there is any hidden motive here by the mayor other than he thinks the program, the way it is run is wrong.

if i had to speculate as to a hidden agenda? the only thing i can think of that i'd possibly believe is that he;d want to point to this as an example of him being responsible and not a member of the same old lake county pol good ole boy club come election season. but i seriously doubt anyone will remember this down the road so i dont think thats plausible either.

No...I think you're right.

There is always something to gain.

It is good what he did...and if blowing the deal wide open was for nothing more than self-gratification (pat on the back) ...it does make him look good during a time when he's been looking not so good, ya know?

It's a token. Everyone carries and posseses them, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:12 pm 

Mirage wrote:
Yes the major parties put us in this mess and yes it will take the help of some of their folds to effect reforms. Why is that so hard to grasp? :shock:
What does "some of thier folds" mean?

Mirage wrote:
Let me summit all up for you dude. It's called the swing vote. The best you can hope for in the foreseeable future is the Dems & Republicans to be near evenly split as far as power sharing and to trade votes in exchange for changes YOU want to see happen. Yea, I know it's not what you want to hear. Then again your party wins minor skirmishes while losing all the major wars.
Yeah, and in 1985 marijuans was the nations #2 most valuble agricultural crop behind only corn. I asked then head of NORML, Kevin Zeese, when it would reach #1 and he stated that wouldn't happen because they do to many thing with corn. In 1986 the price sky rocketed and lo and behold marijuana has held the #1 spot ever since.

The general voting pubic are so sick of being handed the same old s*** from the same old idiots that keep getting voted back in, we could have a major win as soon as they pull their collctive heads out of their asses and realize that even by voting for the Democrats as they did en masse in the last election there is not going to be the major changes unless they start voting for third party candidates.

(Pardon my french :D )

Mirage wrote:
I suppose you're just hoping that if you work hard enough eventually people will see the folly of their ways and convert to your way of thinking. It won't happen.
If you look at the OLD Republican platform you'll see Libertarian written all over it. WE are the real Constitutional/conservatives now.

The original Democratic and Republican parties were formed in the 1790s and then, after much turbulence, again in the 1890s. The Libertarian Party was formed in the early 1970s and have been steadily growing ever since. That cannot be said of ANY other third party.

Mirage wrote:
The closest something like that had a chance of happening since WW II was Ross Perot. We all know how that worked out.
Don't insult us by comparing us with that phoney Fascist who hasn't even read the Constitution and made all his money off government contracts.

Mirage wrote:
I know a lot of conservatives could be pursuaded to come your party's way but for a couple of the party's core issues. For example conservatives will like most of your Constitutional constructionist views but could never go for tossing out all drug regulation.
Including the FDA, because they are the ones who are supposed to be protecting us, but instead are making sure corporations make their profits. One artificial which was denied approval for decades because it was/is classified as a poison suddenly becomes OK because Rumfield helped push for it's approval. Silicone breast implants just got unbanned because of pressure from corporations. Oh yeah, we really need that phoney FDA to look out for us!

Mirage wrote:
So while your party may make many valid claims nothing short of some form of destitution would ever make people consider crossing over en mass, which would have to happen if you refuse to compromise at all.
Compromise my liberties? *F* THAT! LIBERTY OR DEATH! Here's my flag:

Last edited by Hoosier Master? on Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm 

the oracle lives here wrote:

These stories take a while to peak as they move through the legal system. When is the next city election? 2007.

I think he knew this was just a matter of time before this story broke and he is smart enough to not want to touch this one with a "ten foot pole." Whoever set this up is an idiot and deserves to go to jail. Here's just one of many "for the children" BS social programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:12 am 

Didn't Ronald Reagan say that 82% of all money spent on welfare went to the people who ran the system.

This is a little glimpse of what Hiltlery's national health care program will look like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:46 am 

I have a couple of questions:

Why is this just coming to light now? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the mayor has taken a stand and refused to just rubber stamp. But how long has he known about this board. It hasn't met in 3 years and he's been in office for almost 3 years. I understand that he's had other things on his mind, being mayor and all. But did he just find out about this program and the role that he's supposed to play?

I know it's been asked and answered but why did he just quit? It's been said he couldn't change anything. Well, I think he's changed a lot by brining this to light. So much good could be done with this money and if he continued to see this through, he could help to insure that the money was used for what it's meant to be used for. I don't like that he's just simply washed his hands of this program. Especially considering what the money is earmarked for, healthy babies.

Post subject: We need some REAL Heros, here!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:03 am 
Banned

I just hope that Hecko and Jacko(HoosierBoy & Maple Grapes) comes to the resuce and help us out in this on- going scam by the cities in charge of this pork. HEY LC Federal attorney, Van Bokelen, and State Attorney, Carter, have your ears perked up yet? Out of 1.25 million given, close to 1 million goes for the payroll! Forget you Bernie Carter.........you always drag your feet so we don't need your help here!

Post subject: Re: We need some REAL Heros, here!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:57 am 

expresso66 wrote:
I just hope that Hecko and Jacko(HoosierBoy & Maple Grapes) comes to the resuce and help us out in this on- going scam by the cities in charge of this pork. HEY LC Federal attorney, Van Bokelen, and State Attorney, Carter, have your ears perked up yet? Out of 1.25 million given, close to 1 million goes for the payroll! Forget you Bernie Carter.........you always drag your feet so we don't need your help here!
The problem I see here is that, outside of the meetings and spending approvals that may be required, the salaries and the way the money spent just may be legal. This could very well be a nation-wide perk that just sounds good on paper and in news stories to liberals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:06 am 

Amy Wigs wrote:
I have a couple of questions:

Why is this just coming to light now? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the mayor has taken a stand and refused to just rubber stamp. But how long has he known about this board. It hasn't met in 3 years and he's been in office for almost 3 years. I understand that he's had other things on his mind, being mayor and all. But did he just find out about this program and the role that he's supposed to play?

I know it's been asked and answered but why did he just quit? It's been said he couldn't change anything. Well, I think he's changed a lot by brining this to light. So much good could be done with this money and if he continued to see this through, he could help to insure that the money was used for what it's meant to be used for. I don't like that he's just simply washed his hands of this program. Especially considering what the money is earmarked for, healthy babies.

Wait! I thought the object of this program was to fight the issues which cause infant mortality? Isn't the #1 reason related to poverty? So what better way to curb poverty thant to spend $1 mil to give 20 people jobs? :P

I think this program was flawed from the start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:05 am 

BUt now if you read the Post-Tribune story I posted on the "Hammond Election" thread, you'll see mcmayor is considering starting HIS OWN Healtghy Start program. Haven't we seen this happen before with the Health Department anf Neighborhoods Inc.? Mcmayor seems to dislike these things only until HE can control them. I'll just t post the link here:

http://www.post-trib.com/news/143796,healthy.article

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:51 pm 

You called it free.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next