Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:03 am 

freetime wrote:
I check the Prof's blog every day. He has the corage to say what is really going on in Hammond, which has got the mcgroupies calling for his head. I hope he continues to present a dose of reality amidst all the propaganda that spews from City Hall.

I'm obviously not a McGroupie but I do try to be fair. And the professor's refusal to recant a factually disproven, malicious, bald faced lie is grounds IMO to call for his head.

You might think he's expressing an opinion that needs voice, you might feel some of his claims bare further review, but none of this justifys outright libel. The ends do not justify the means. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:55 am 

freetime wrote:
I check the Prof's blog every day. He has the corage to say what is really going on in Hammond, which has got the mcgroupies calling for his head. I hope he continues to present a dose of reality amidst all the propaganda that spews from City Hall.

Has the courage to print what is really going on in Hammond? And you can vouch that what he prints is da truth, da whole truth and nothing but da truth. Please cite yer sources for yer belief that he is all knowing...the Oz, as it were, of Hammond.

Or is he yer knight in shining armour cuz he, like you, seems ta dislike all things McDermott. Two peas in a pod with a shared dislike of da McDermott clan. With yer shared vehement dislike of da mayor, it's kinda hard ta take yer over da top, glowing, the prof walks on water posts too seriously. Maybe ya can start a fan club or better yet...let da cult begin.

I should put ya on ignore, but then I wouldn't get my daily dose of yer unabashed adoration of anyone who dislike da McDermotts just like ya do. Ya have so much in common with da McGroupies, it's funny! Yer just polar opposites. lol!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 am 

I dislike and diapprove of mcmayor's management style when it comes to Hammond. I don't know him personally, nor do I want to. I want an honest. mature mayor to do what's right for Hammond without cutting any family members in on the action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:59 am 

freetime wrote:
I dislike and diapprove of mcmayor's management style when it comes to Hammond. I don't know him personally, nor do I want to. I want an honest. mature mayor to do what's right for Hammond without cutting any family members in on the action.

Just like Dedelow, huh? Guess it was okay for him ta cut family members in on Hammond business cuz ya liked him as mayor.

And fyi, I'm not a personal friend of da mayor. I can agree that he needs ta be more mature, but I don't believe he's leading Hammond down da wrong path. For da first time in a long time, there's development going on in almost every part of da city. More people than ya might think like what they see happening even if they don't particularly like da mayor's style.

Ya never answered why ya believe da professor is so honest and is printing only da truth about what is happening in Hammond....and not merely his biased opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:04 pm 

Mary Lou wrote:
I’ll try simplifying it a little……….I find your post boring and I don’t read your blog……………

Now I see why you don't make any sense, you seem to think I am the prof. Not very bright of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:34 pm 

DaBears wrote:
freetime wrote:

Just like Dedelow, huh? Guess it was okay for him ta cut family members in on Hammond business cuz ya liked him as mayor.

And fyi, I'm not a personal friend of da mayor. I can agree that he needs ta be more mature, but I don't believe he's leading Hammond down da wrong path. For da first time in a long time, there's development going on in almost every part of da city. More people than ya might think like what they see happening even if they don't particularly like da mayor's style.

Ya never answered why ya believe da professor is so honest and is printing only da truth about what is happening in Hammond....and not merely his biased opinion.
I believe the state and fedeeral guidelines he posted on conflict of interest are indeed true, and serve as a much-needed reminder of what is and isn't considered proper in other places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:18 pm 

So ya believe? That indicates ta me, it's yer opinion he's printing da truth, da whole truth and nothing but da truth. Fair enough.

But I think it's also fair that some of us express our opinions that we don't believe da prof is all knowing about everything Hammond, or NWI for that matter, and can't help but believe that he's got some kind of personal issues with da McDermott clan that color his perspective on things. I have a very hard time taking the prof seriously when, no matter what da column is about, he negatively works McDermott into just about every article he write for da Post Trib. Makes it seem personal ta me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:06 pm 

nwi wrote:
Mary Lou wrote:
I’ll try simplifying it a little……….I find your post boring and I don’t read your blog……………

Now I see why you don't make any sense, you seem to think I am the prof. Not very bright of you.

I enjoy seeing you get upset, you can always tell by the closing remarks in your sentence. I’ll beat you up if you don’t agree with me. :lol:

Does your ity bity ego get hurt when confronted with the truth, you evidentially have a very low self esteem :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:30 pm 

The professor does not write a article. That would mean that it was in a paper some where and that people actually had a interrest in what he has to say. Nobody but freetime and may have that much hatred for the mayor to read about how much the professor hates him. He does have a blog that is full of nonsense that he wants people to believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:34 pm 
Banned

Look you dumb, moron, I have never said that I hate the mayor of Hammond. I'm not even a resident, so watch your lies, boy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:25 pm 

MAy, I have told these fools repeatedly I do not hate the mayor. OF course, the immature mayor said the same thing on WJOB December 8, so I see where they get this crap. I don't even know the mayor, so how could I hate him? I hate the way he does the mayor's job, and that is way different and entirely proper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:25 pm 

expresso66

Posted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look you dumb, moron, I have never said that I hate the mayor of Hammond. I'm not even a resident, so watch your lies, boy!
MAy, I have told these fools repeatedly I do not hate the mayor. OF course, the immature mayor said the same thing on WJOB December 8, so I see where they get this crap. I don't even know the mayor, so how could I hate him? I hate the way he does the mayor's job, and that is way different and entirely proper.

Dont you mean Expresso66?

HOW PATHETIC!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

I know it's hard for some of you but lets try less of this:

:violent1: :smt070 :smt068 :smt067 :smt014 :smt062

and more of this:

:smt057 :smt056

Is it so hard to discuss issues without calling each other morons? Try to focus on the issues instead of fighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:23 pm 

Administrator wrote:
I know it's hard for some of you but lets try less of this:

:violent1: :smt070 :smt068 :smt067 :smt014 :smt062

and more of this:

:smt057 :smt056

Is it so hard to discuss issues without calling each other morons? Try to focus on the issues instead of fighting.

Good luck on that one!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:08 pm 

So far so good!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next