Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: my response to moe
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:14 pm 
Banned

recently, on his blog maurice eisenstien (whatever the computer shows i typed the professor's first and last name) accussed me of being anti-semitic.

generally it shocked me as i've never come close to hearing that accusation about myself before. but beyond that it angered me. it angered me because i have been hanging on to information that i have known for quite sometime about the man and his ulterior motives. so here is my official response (any media member interested may contact me and i will help you connect the dots)

also, im flatterred you would call me a mcdermott advisor. having talked to the man maybe a half dozen times in the past year, i assure you advisor is a much loftier title than i deserve. enthousiastic supporter would be more apt. i supported mcdermott back when i was on the radio and it would have been far easier to bash him. but i believe in his vision for the city of hammond, and i want to see him succeed in improving the city for citizens, of all races and religeons.

let me add everything up for you maurice.

10 years ago tom philpot writes a 10,000 dollar check to wes miller for work miller was doing to get voters out for him against duane dedelow.

last summer you wrote a letter to chancellor cohen advising him that you intended to work as a consultant for a republican mayoral candidate.

last month you were at philpot's christmas party chatting up fellow purdue cal teacher, bob cantrell.

and now wes miller holds his regular political meetings at purdue calumet under the auspices of his napolean hill success club.

in other words...cantrell/philpot/you/and miller have been working together, trying to make mcdermott's life a living hell. how long has this been going on? i guess at least since the date of your letter to cohen.

but it is the reason for your one man cabela's hit squad...it is the reason for miller's continued political existence despite getting less than 2 dozen supporters at his typical fundraisers, and it is the sole reason you have this blog.

the good news is it hasnt even made a dent in mcdermotts popularity in hammond

if im such a paid stooge...why would i expose that i believe my boss, who hopes to someday be the dem party chair, is conspiring with republicans? because as i have always maintained. unlike the likes of you and miller and others...i cant be bought off. because money doesnt mean squat to me next to principals. too bad you cant say that sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:06 pm 

You said the other on the other board the mods couldn't verify the quote. Why not? Did he delete it? :roll:

If it's HIS board I doubt another poster could pretend to be him, and if he DID delete it then it shows he has no spine whatsoever and will not even stand by his own words. What a putz! :x

I could really fly off the handle over this issue but hey Momma's bar is fully stocked tonight! (inside joke for some here) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:09 pm 
Banned

Whatever, the Doctor does, indeed get you all rile up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:56 pm 
Banned

oh he did delete it the entire thread, his post calling mcdermott and i anti semitic and my responses.... but that wasnt what i was referring to when i said the mods couldnt verify it. i was abbreviating what c payne messaged me in his notification. here it is...

"Steve,

I'm going to have to delete the your thread - basically because we can't prove that what you've written is true and we are not allowed to fact check articles.

I understand your need to defend your name but understand that we can't be the soapbox to do it on. The indivduals listed in your note may decide to take things above and beyond either my or Yuri's level. I would rather this issue not bring additional negative attention to the board that we (Yuri and our entire online staff) is working to keep up and running. I hope that you understand, feel free to respond with questions.

C-Payne"

again i dont hold payne or anyone at the times responsible for pulling that thread. im pretty certain moe made a few calls and put them in a bad position. im certain hell try to do the same thing here too. (sorry admin but honestly im only sticking up for myself)

mama's place on the other hand? i think it will stay up there for awhile at least.

and if all else fails there is still the old wjob fowler board around somewhere :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:23 am 

Ok, so how should we proceed?

Maybe start calling Indy radio stations where the state government can hear of his antics and perhaps they'll make a few calls down to the board of trustees in West Lafayette to find out what's going on with this character? Or would that give the old boy too much of a platform to continue spreading his venom?

Or I suppose we could just start ignoring him and let him try to escalate matters to further absurdity in an effort to get anyone to listen to him, outside of his state classroom that is? ;)

It is CLEARLY unethical for someone in a position of public trust & reliability, both as a teacher and as a self- appointed authoritative source on political affairs, to make overtly false and outlandish statements and then merely remove them from public view with neither a retraction or a shread of factual documentation to back up such claims. Like I said before, he's a putz! :roll:

For those who maybe don't know the formal defination, according to Word Web a putz is: (Yiddish) a fool; an idiot.

Well I know one thing "I" can do and NOBODY can stop me. The next time the Purdue alumni association pesters me for money I can write them back with my letter of refusal citing those funds are now re-directed to my contributions to the BNI alumni association fund due to my "concerns" about certain named faculty members. :twisted:

Granted, it's a baby step but somebody's gotta start somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:02 pm 

that is the kind of thinking that I like. Do what you feel is necessary to draw attention to the problem while diverting your contributions to another deserving institution. BUlly Bully

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 am 
Banned

overall i still like purdue and support purdue calumet university. its just unfortunate that a few charectors have decided to use it as home base for thier political careers.

but mirage your's is a tried and true tactic that i've found can work wonders in this world.

but i honestly think maurice is on his way out at the university. dont know if he's retiring or what...but i cant imagine he thinks he can get away with these type of antics for too long. i think for him, this may be about settling an old vendetta with the chancellor (who's also retiring) as much as anything. embarassing puc may be one of his primary objectives.

also, on oh mama's board (didnt want to get into it there as i dont think she wants it to be about politics) someone mentioned those pictures that someone used to post on the times site and wondered if there could be a connection to my theory that the prof is trying to get it shut down. the more i think about it...the more i think that there could be a possible connection. it may sound like a leap...but recently every time i start out with a leap...i wind up uncovering the fact that my original suspicion was true...and i know he's tried to get at least 2 sites shut down...so who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:32 am 

oracle, I've actually heard those Miller allegations from people who have claimed to have witnessed the transaction.

The only bone I have to pick with what you have to say is that Philpot is conspiring with republicans. You actually consider Cantrell to be a republican? And while Wes is a registered republican, he has never done a thing to help advance and promote the party.

Other than that, right on!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:54 pm 

I dont think you can label any of them anything but opportunists. You certainly cant label them concerned citizens! Democrat or republican ...do you really think it matters to these guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:15 pm 

I thought I read somewhere that McDermott (And his wife also?) are (were?) working at the university as well. I'm not defending anyone, but surely we can't blame one side or the other for using the university if both are. Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 pm 
Banned

i dont know about marissa, but the mayor does teach one class on local politics at purdue.

no amy i wasnt calling cantrell a repub...and sorry, i shouldnt have indicated that miller represented the repub party...however he is one repub...and while maurice will deny it, the fact is he has worked as campaign advisors for repubs before, and was planning to do the same thing in 07 (i may have changed that plan, i dont know) those were the repubs i was referring too....not the party as a whole.

Post subject: Re: my response to moe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:07 pm 
Banned

the oracle lives here wrote:
recently, on his blog maurice eisenstien (whatever the computer shows i typed the professor's first and last name) accussed me of being anti-semitic.

generally it shocked me as i've never come close to hearing that accusation about myself before. but beyond that it angered me. it angered me because i have been hanging on to information that i have known for quite sometime about the man and his ulterior motives. so here is my official response (any media member interested may contact me and i will help you connect the dots)

also, im flatterred you would call me a mcdermott advisor. having talked to the man maybe a half dozen times in the past year, i assure you advisor is a much loftier title than i deserve. enthousiastic supporter would be more apt. i supported mcdermott back when i was on the radio and it would have been far easier to bash him. but i believe in his vision for the city of hammond, and i want to see him succeed in improving the city for citizens, of all races and religeons.

let me add everything up for you maurice.

10 years ago tom philpot writes a 10,000 dollar check to wes miller for work miller was doing to get voters out for him against duane dedelow.

last summer you wrote a letter to chancellor cohen advising him that you intended to work as a consultant for a republican mayoral candidate.

last month you were at philpot's christmas party chatting up fellow purdue cal teacher, bob cantrell.

and now wes miller holds his regular political meetings at purdue calumet under the auspices of his napolean hill success club.

in other words...cantrell/philpot/you/and miller have been working together, trying to make mcdermott's life a living hell. how long has this been going on? i guess at least since the date of your letter to cohen.

but it is the reason for your one man cabela's hit squad...it is the reason for miller's continued political existence despite getting less than 2 dozen supporters at his typical fundraisers, and it is the sole reason you have this blog.

the good news is it hasnt even made a dent in mcdermotts popularity in hammond

if im such a paid stooge...why would i expose that i believe my boss, who hopes to someday be the dem party chair, is conspiring with republicans? because as i have always maintained. unlike the likes of you and miller and others...i cant be bought off. because money doesnt mean squat to me next to principals. too bad you cant say that sir.

You got big ones, i ho[pe you still have job after this