Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plasmatronics
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:52 pm 

This ain't nothin' compared to what is comin' down the pipeline with Uran and friends. You think Klein was bad? You ain't seen nuttin' yet. $500,000 is just a drop in the bucket compared to what the cartel in CP has developed. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Banned

Public Oversight wrote:
Public Oversight wrote:
Corbin, Gardiner and Wolter REALLY wanted to loan the $500,000 to Plasmatronics.

The evening Katz, Van Sessen and Jeffirs blocked the loan of the remaining $120,000 to Plasmatronics - and took Rob Gardiner's and Eric Hammond's names off the Crown Point Development Corp. checking account - Rob Gardiner asked the Crown Point Redevelopment Corp. including Corbin for authority to set up another corporation to loan Plasmatronics the remaining $120,000.

Gardiner, Corbin and the other Redevelopment Corp. members unanimously voted to give Rob Gardiner the authority to set up a separate corporation to loan Plasmatronics the remaining $120,000.

Since this was illegal, it never happened, and the $120,000 was never loaned to Plasmatronics. But Gardiner and Corbin tried as hard as they could to push that money out the door.

It appears that Corbin, Klein and Wolters were the prime architects of the Plasmatronics scam and Eric Hammond and Rob Gardiner were used as their tools.

I appreciate Dick Tracy's effort to change the subject, but no one can match Bob Corbin's scams.

Crown Point wasted millions to bring Gordon Foods (who never came) to Crown Point. Corbin kept promising their arrival even after he knew Gordon Foods wasn't coming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm 

Hey cheer, not tryin' to change the subject. Only pointing out that you're worried about a measly $500,000 and I'm telling you now that there's plenty more to be worried about in CP. Hammond, Gardiner, and Klein are all gone. Plasmatronics will probably be settled soon. You need to watch out for Uran and Corbin's new schemes. Someone who flies on corporate jets around the country and doesn't know who paid for it is running the city now. Of course a good investigator could find out who paid for it as I have. Be scared. Be very scared!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:11 am 

Plasmatronics puts off answer to suit

CROWN POINT | A response from Plasmatronics Inc., to Crown Point about a lawsuit the city filed against the company will be forthcoming next week, said a spokeswoman for Ice Miller, LLP, representing the city.

Plasmatronics' response was due Friday, but it is now expected to reply in Marion County Superior Court on Monday, said Joy Fischer, director of marketing a communications for the Indianapolis-based law firm.

Joseph Stalmack, the Hammond attorney representing Plasmatronics, Inc, Plasmatronics LLC and its guarantors, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

In July, Crown Point sued the New York-based company and its guarantors to recover $380,000 it loaned the company, alleging Plasmatronics did not honor the loan agreement it had with the Crown Point Development Corporation. Officials decided to attempt to recover the loan after the company terminated its relationship with the city.

The loan was used as an incentive for the company to locate in the city and was funded by taxpayer money from a tax increment financing district. When Plasmatronics announced it would be manufacturing its Plasma Drive Ignition system in Crown Point, the company promised more than 200 jobs in exchange for the loan and state incentives.

According to court documents, Stalmack asked the court for an additional 30 days from the original due date of July 28 to respond to the lawsuit, making his response due in late August. Then, in August, he asked for an additional extension that would allow him to submit a response Friday. Friday, the parties agreed to a further delay.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am 

I'll laugh if the judge says the city is owed nothing

I hope thats what happens myself

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:21 pm 

I have to ask Mike 3775, why do you hope that is what happens. I mean this is taxpayers money any way you look at it. This type of "loan" should be illegal to begin with I don't care who the company is. So please educate me on this, I can't wait.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 am 
Banned

I keep wondering what would cause Corbin, etc. to loan $500,000 of public funds to Plasmatronics without ever checking them out.

Corbin etc. have admitted never seeing a balance sheet or income statement.

What would make them loan the $500,000

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:58 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
I have to ask Mike 3775, why do you hope that is what happens. I mean this is taxpayers money any way you look at it. This type of "loan" should be illegal to begin with I don't care who the company is. So please educate me on this, I can't wait.

Because the people who decided to lend them the money are idiots thats why

I knew from the get go that it was not going to work out well for the city and yet they still bent over backwords for them

Know what, the taxpayers deserve anything that happens now, they are the ones who elected the idiots who did this, they got what they deserved

Maybe CP can try to beg the govt to bail them out of this loan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:49 pm 

Mike, that's a pretty cruel way of looking at the situation. A lot of the people that were there were voted out. Now the city is trying to recover the money that was lost in this scam.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:59 pm 

mike3775 wrote:

I knew from the get go that it was not going to work out well for the city and yet they still bent over backwords for them

Know what, the taxpayers deserve anything that happens now, they are the ones who elected the idiots who did this, they got what they deserved

Wow Mike, I think it's time to change the light bulb! So all those people who didn't support DK should pay the price. Even those who did vote for him, however never knew he was going to turn out to be a crook, should also pay the price? DK was voted out, for a good reason, he's a jackazzzzz and a crook, at least in my eyes.

In what way do you see these political jackazz'z paying the price for this?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:50 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
mike3775 wrote:

Wow Mike, I think it's time to change the light bulb! So all those people who didn't support DK should pay the price. Even those who did vote for him, however never knew he was going to turn out to be a crook, should also pay the price? DK was voted out, for a good reason, he's a jackazzzzz and a crook, at least in my eyes.

In what way do you see these political jackazz'z paying the price for this?

If you are looking for a response that contains reason and logic from Mike,you are in for a long wait.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 am 

The people who authorized and rammed through the Plasmatronics loan were The Crown Point Redevelopment Commission led by Robert Corbin.

The $500,000 loan was authorized by the Crown Point Redevelopment Commission out of their own budget. These were TIF funds and the Crown Point Redevelopment Commission authorizes the loan of all TIF funds.

The question is: Why would attorney Corbin push this money out the door without checking on Plasmatronics?

Corbin says he never saw a Plasmatronics balance sheet or income statement - the most fundamental and essential information in making a $500,000 loan of public funds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:44 pm 

Everything from the get go led me to not believe a word from Plasmatronics, but what do the people do? Loaned them the money like idiots

Guess what, they got what they deserved. They were taken for the money.

And even if they are told to pay it back, good luck, i bet the company files bankruptcy and never pays a cent of it

Hard for me to feel sorry, considering it was known to be a scam all along, and yet the city wanted it so bad, they never thought it through

I guess I am supposed to feel sorry for them? Hell I have no pity for the idiots who took out mortgages with ARM's, so why should I feel sorry for CP? In both cases, both sides knew exactly what they were getting into, and they have no one to blame but themselves

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:05 am 

Public Oversight wrote:
The people who authorized and rammed through the Plasmatronics loan were The Crown Point Redevelopment Commission led by Robert Corbin.

The $500,000 loan was authorized by the Crown Point Redevelopment Commission out of their own budget. These were TIF funds and the Crown Point Redevelopment Commission authorizes the loan of all TIF funds.

The question is: Why would attorney Corbin push this money out the door without checking on Plasmatronics?

Corbin says he never saw a Plasmatronics balance sheet or income statement - the most fundamental and essential information in making a $500,000 loan of public funds.

Yes, these people are IDIOTS! :banghead: However, if the MAYOR was not behind it and did not support it, it would not have happened! You ask "why & Corbin" in the same sentence. Well it's because he's "tied in" and a typical Lake County _ _ _ _ _. You fill in the blanks. :pottytrain5: There is more behind this deal than “we” will ever know! :evil5:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:15 am 

mike3775 wrote:
Everything from the get go led me to not believe a word from Plasmatronics, but what do the people do? Loaned them the money like idiots

Guess what, they got what they deserved. They were taken for the money.

And even if they are told to pay it back, good luck, i bet the company files bankruptcy and never pays a cent of it

Hard for me to feel sorry, considering it was known to be a scam all along, and yet the city wanted it so bad, they never thought it through

I guess I am supposed to feel sorry for them? Hell I have no pity for the idiots who took out mortgages with ARM's, so why should I feel sorry for CP? In both cases, both sides knew exactly what they were getting into, and they have no one to blame but themselves

Well there Mike you've pretty much already said this... I guess my question to you is not a simple one. "These people" (politicians :bootyshake: ) spent money that did not belong to them, they (politicians :bootyshake: ) stole from the taxpayers and the taxpayers had no say in it. So I guess if I take money from you and spend it on a bad deal, then we shouldn't feel sorry for you either? How much more simpler can I make the question for you.. Your way of thinking is bent.. I agree, they will never pay back a dime, that however does not make it right and I do not get your point of view.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next