Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Backtalk to Quickly - Snarky Responses to Stupid Comments
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:45 am 

Quote:
Double lines overkill

Was it really necessary to stripe double solid yellow lines on the residential street -- Marquette -- through that neighborhood in St. John? I'm glad I don't live on that street. It looks like hell. -- St. John

You are aware that the stripes down a street have meaning beyond being pretty?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:48 am 

Quote:
Keep event safe

Once again Crown Point had the privilege of being entertained by the Northwest Indiana Symphony Orchestra. Unfortunately, the city of Crown Point only provided safety measures during the day while people were arriving for the performance. After dark, when it was badly needed, there were no officers present directing traffic. This seem to be the case every year. Next year, my family will take flashlights. -- Crown Point

So you were unaware that it is dark at night and it caught you by surprise?

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 am 

Quote:
Don't eliminate buses

According to Lake County Council President Christine Cid, because of property tax cuts, the Hammond transit bus system needs to be taken out of service to save $1 million in the Hammond budget. Doesn't she know that Lake County won't be getting these tax cuts until 2020? And why is that? Why is Lake County getting shafted again? -- Schererville

Lake County's democrat politicians waste money, it is the Lake County taxpayer who gets shafted.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:52 am 

Quote:
Give back van seat

To the scrap collectors who took the third seat out of my blue Dodge minivan on Saturday in Highland, please bring it back, no questions asked. You could see we were having a party, and it was not garbage day. Or to our town leaders, make it so these scavengers have strict days and times to collect so there are no discrepancies between garbage collection and theft. -- Highland

If you took self responsibility to secure your property, you would not have to attempt to blame others for your losses.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 am 

Quote:
" To Build New School - The last thing we need for Schererville, Dyer, and St. John is to divide them further. I agree we should probably build a new school rather than adding on. What we really need is for Schererville, Dyer, and St. John to be one city. That way we don't have three separate towns making independent decisions that keep adding residents before the infrasturcture is prepared to handle them. "
Give me enough time to make some pop corn so I can watch that dogpile.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am 

Quote:
If you have thanked people in person is it really necessary to put one in Quickly? Who cares if someone gave you a break on the roadway or whatever. It is over and the other person has probably forgot about it. Save Quickly for the complainers. We love Quickly!

Quickly says: Don't bother. Quickly pulls most of that malarkey out of her ample backside every day.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 am 

Quote:
Richard Hatcher wants a museum in Gary. Why not use Roosevelt High School as the museum site? That way it can close as a high school because of low enrollment, and yet be preserved as a museum.

Will there be an exhibit showing how he took Gary from an industrial boom town to the murder capital of America?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:11 am 

Quote:
Gary schools have money to send their students to vote and eat but not enough money to buy football helmets for Gary Roosevelt. Which students come first?

The one who don't mind being stooges for the democrats?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 am 

Quote:
I ride the bike trail from Crown Point to Ridge Road five days a week; last week I thought I would ride the weekend also. I was about to go under U.S. 30 when I saw broken glass all over the trail. I stopped and cleaned it up. Now my question is, what would the IQ of a person be who thinks that it is OK to break glass on a public path?

The same as someone who would endorse a candidate who only had 147 days of experience in office?

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 am 
Banned

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Quote:
Richard Hatcher wants a museum in Gary. Why not use Roosevelt High School as the museum site? That way it can close as a high school because of low enrollment, and yet be preserved as a museum.

Will there be an exhibit showing how he took Gary from an industrial boom town to the murder capital of America?

Will you also be putting up an exhibit to explain how he was personally responsible for the collapse of the steel industry which was the main factor that caused Gary's demise?

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:23 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Why delete all of my threads at the other board and the come over here and post to my threads and expect me to act like you are not the biggest d'ouche bag low life in the world?

Stay away from me you old queen.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:11 am 
Banned

Posts like that are really going to help your credibilty.....Honest! :smt005

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 am 

Quote:
President was right

I am going to miss good ol' George (Bush) after he leaves office in January. It is ignorant to think that all of the terrorists blew themselves up on Sept. 11, so you know many still exist over here. No major incidents have happened since, but look elsewhere in the world. Terrorist bombings everywhere, including civilized countries like England and Spain. George was smart to fight them where they come from in Iraq and Afghanistan and keep us safe in our everyday lives here in the great USA. -- Westville

Not to worry, they tell me that O'Bama had 147 days of experience in the senate when he announced his bid for president.

And one of his top priorities is to abandon all the advances and sacrifices our troops have made and pull out of Iraq.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:37 am 

Quote:
Isn't this fraud?

My mother-in-law hired a man from Highland to put carpet in her house over a year ago. She signed a contract and gave him a deposit. He never did the work, and never ordered the carpet. He used the money for his personal bills. She has since taken him to small claims court and won, but he keeps playing the system, and pays once and then not again. She was told it was a civil matter not criminal. How is this not fraud or theft? -- Dyer

I am sorry to say but you and you mother sound like idiots.

I mean why did she go with this guy?

Trying to save $250 buck instead of going to a flooring store?

And by all means, when you screw the pooch like that your best recourse is to call the voicemail at the local paper.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:03 pm 

Artie60438 wrote:
-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Quote:

Will you also be putting up an exhibit to explain how he was personally responsible for the collapse of the steel industry which was the main factor that caused Gary's demise?

Gary was named Murder capital of the US before the Steel industry went downhill.

Gary had the state police patrolling it long before the US steel indusrty went kaput

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next