Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Backtalk to Quickly - Snarky Responses to Stupid Comments
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm 

Quote:
Just because the right-to-work bill will be passed doesn’t mean the unions can’t go to Indianapolis on Super Bowl weekend and protest. It is a free country.

Translation from democrat to English:We didn't get our way so we are going to ruin other people enjoying their life with our little temper tantrum.

This is the philosophy that the "occupy" movement is built on.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:15 pm 

Quote:
Right to work, teaching creationism in schools, canned hunting. Aren’t there more important issues for our Legislature to resolve?

What?

Like Dumbo throwing billions of taxpayer's dollars at his pie in the sky "green energy programs" or "global warming".

Why not just chase rainbows for the pots of gold, it certainly costs less.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:25 pm 

Quote:
Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich are like two dogs fighting over a bone. By the time this election ends, I’ll be so sick of it I won’t care if Daffy Duck wins.

I'll take Daffy Duck over Dumbo any day of the week.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:24 am 

Quote:
My best union benefit is the workers compensation I collect. It far exceeds any dues money I pay. Last year, it was for my knee; this year, it was for my shoulder and, next year, it will be for stress. Go union!

Straight from the horses mouth, unions are a drain on society.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 am 

The doctors must be in on it - can't get Worker's Comp just for a union card.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:03 pm 

Quote:
All right, Gov. Mitch Daniels, you and your boys got what you wanted, so bring on these thousands of jobs from the hundreds of companies that wouldn’t come here because we weren’t a right-to-work state. Yeah, I’m sure that’s gonna happen.

If it does, you can bet Dumbo will try to take credit for it.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:06 pm 

Quote:
So, 28 people decided to have a right-to-work state. That outweighs what thousands of people wanted. That’s not a democracy; that’s a dictatorship.

Kinda like Obamacare?

You nancys only whine when it does not conform to your liberal agenda.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:07 pm 

Quote:
I guess it is time for me to move out of Indiana to a state where democracy is still a moral value. The Indiana Republican House and Senate thumbed their noses at and trampled over the democratic process.

Feel free to move to Illinois and pay all the taxes you want.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Quote:
I guess it is time for me to move out of Indiana to a state where democracy is still a moral value. The Indiana Republican House and Senate thumbed their noses at and trampled over the democratic process.

Feel free to move to Illinois and pay all the taxes you want.

No do what probably 80% of the tri-town residents do...live in republicon rube hoosierville and work in Illinois for high paying union jobs, tech jobs, or white collar jobs...You don't think all the people that live in homes that are worth 250,000-750,000 are paying their mortgages with the crappy pay workers make in Indiana do you?

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:11 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
No do what probably 80% of the tri-town residents do...live in republicon rube hoosierville and work in Illinois for high paying union jobs, tech jobs, or white collar jobs...You don't think all the people that live in homes that are worth 250,000-750,000 are paying their mortgages with the crappy pay workers make in Indiana do you?

Don't you think the crybaby that wrote to the paper would do just that if he had the skills, the brains, and the initiative to make it a reality? As it is, he probably resides north of 80/94, and like you, confuses the decrepitude of Hammond/Gary/East Chicago/Whiting/and soon-to-be-Merillville with sophistication, and was prepared by a northwest Indiana "educator" like yourself for some sort of union or municipal job that went out with Pet Rocks and The Bee Gees. He is stuck where he is with no way out

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:53 pm 

Quote:
The Hammond library system needs to merge with the Lake County Public Library. Hammond residents are now second-class citizens. We have to pay for DVDs and we have a small fraction of the services at LCPL, and I presume there will be very few new purchases.

You lefties and your "gimmie, gimmie, gimmie" attitude make me sick.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:45 pm 

Actually, that was a suggestion from years ago - have a county library system like they do in Porter County. Items are available quickly and much cheaper to the taxpayer than however many individual libraries Lake County has. Wonder why someone hasn't taken that idea and run with it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 am 

karent wrote:
Actually, that was a suggestion from years ago - have a county library system like they do in Porter County. Items are available quickly and much cheaper to the taxpayer than however many individual libraries Lake County has. Wonder why someone hasn't taken that idea and run with it?

What do you think is more important to the powers that be in municipalities that have their own libraries? Efficiency or patronage jobs?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:37 am 

Quote:
I love seeing the new airline at the Gary/Chicago International Airport. But it won’t last unless the Cline Avenue extension is rebuilt.

Listen lady, that airport has been unable to support an air carrier a helluva lot longer than that bridge has been down.

P.J. O'Rourke

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next