Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: Backtalk to Quickly - Snarky Responses to Stupid Comments
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:21 pm 

Quote:
Imperfect human beings can never administer perfect justice. If all we trusted in were imperfect people, we would lose all hope. The search for justice can be satisfied only by trusting the God who is always just. Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

Just ask O'Bama.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:38 pm 
Banned

Quote:
Scary bumper sticker

I saw the perfect bumper sticker: "George Bush 3rd term McCain." Scary. -- Highland

S&P 500 - 1,342.90

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:48 pm 
Banned

I think they are BOTH scary, ARTIE! I trust a woman over them two. Hillarious! :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:41 pm 

Quote:
I don't know what I did to deserve them, but I got six of the best kids around!

I bet your neighbors disagree.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 pm 

Quote:
A big thanks goes out to the paramedics for helping my son after his bicycle accident. You explained every procedure done to him and why you were doing it.

Sounds like you kid is too stupid to ride a bike without needing major medical.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm 

From today's Quickly:

Quote:
Some people say that the morning newspaper is yesterday's news. Not me. Reading my Post-Tribune in the morning, while I eat my granola cereal and drink my hot cup of tea is a priceless and treasured moment every day. Thank you, Post-Tribune.

Well, don't we just feel all warm and snuggly. (Gag) Btw, did the PT pay you for the ad?

Quote:
I am driving the speed limit or just 5 over, which has greatly helped my gas mileage. So if you think riding my bumper is going to get me to go faster, you are sadly mistaken. So back off!

Ah, yes, self-righteous, I'm-so-safe drivers....gotta love em. Well, if you want to go slower, by all means do so...your choice...only please make sure you're not blocking passing/drivers going at a faster speed lanes; perhaps that will ease up on your bumper situation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 am 

gotta be careful with the speed limit one though, because you can get a ticket for impeding the flow of traffic even if you are doing the speed limit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:46 am 

Quote:
Quickly, I got you figured out. You are a woman and a liberal Democrat. And I bet you if I'm correct won't print this. And if I'm wrong you won't print it either cause it will cause readers to wonder.

If I was a gambler, I would also wager that Quickly is over 40 and over weight and is not in a long term relationship.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 pm 
Banned

Arc, you make my day - more than any newspaper or comedy channel could. Keep up the gig...I swear I look forward to it every day, and get disappointed when you slack off...we need laughs!!!

You'ze the guy! :smt006

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 pm 

Thanks!

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 pm 

From today's:

Quote:
Someone needs to educate themselves about fogging for mosquitoes. Mosquitoes have been spreading West Nile Virus, which kills. Or have you been on another planet for some time? If some butterflies die in the process, it's better than a child dying from West Nile.

Why don't we all just build ourselves a little safe bubble to live in and call it a day.

Quote:
No. Sorry. The usually more intelligent people don't have nicer yards. I worked with a woman at a restaurant who was addicted to cocaine and slept with many but still kept her home very neat and orderly. Usually people who don't have it together and aren't as smart try to overcompensate so others will think you can judge a book by its cover.

Yeah, intelligent...care for your home more than you do your own body.

Quote:
It's ironic you choose to put comments about juveniles remaining anonymous in a column where complainers are remaining anonymous.

Yeah, it's ironic that you comment on someone making a comment about anonymousness anonymously yet you too are anonymously anonymous....or in other words, where's your name.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:06 pm 

Quote:
When will the Gary Police ever enforce the "no cell phone while driving law" that went into effect on Jan. 1, 2008? It's like this law doesn't even exist!

It is Gary after all, many laws seem as if they don't exist.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:09 pm 

Quote:
There's one thing I learned from last week's tornado. When things are at their worst, the neighbors of Westfield Court are at their best. I am so fortunate to have such wonderful neighbors.

It is better to rely on one's self and neighbors than the government.

That is why of all the people in the gulf coast hit by Katrina, only the residents of New Orleans are referred to as "victims".

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:15 pm 

Quote:
Please stop wasting my Quickly space on gas prices. You morons put this fool in office. What did you expect when you put a gas man in office? Shut up and quit wasting my Quickly space.

Dear Stupid,

In case you didn't notice, gas prices didn't go up until you installed Nancy Pelosi, then her and the rest of the democrats went on vacation while the Republicans tried to work on the problem.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:46 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
Quote:
Please stop wasting my Quickly space on gas prices. You morons put this fool in office. What did you expect when you put a gas man in office? Shut up and quit wasting my Quickly space.

Dear Stupid,

In case you didn't notice, gas prices didn't go up until you installed Nancy Pelosi, then her and the rest of the democrats went on vacation while the Republicans tried to work on the problem.

AMEN!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next