Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: To my friend, Dwight
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:04 am 

Dwight,

You raise some relevant and interesting issues in your posts. IMHO, they get lost in your seeming interest in blaming whites for everything that happens to Gary and African-Americans.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on:

1. The recently enacted RDA with its emphasis on the Gary/Chicago Airport. Is this a regionwide effort to help Gary and the rest of the area, or is this an attempt for white people to take over?

2. The corruption that was recently discovered at the GUEA - is that ok or is it wrong to steal from the taxpayers?

3. The current tax situation in North Lake County - is it possible to lower the costs of government by rooting out all patronage, waste and corruption, or is this just U.S. Steel and others getting a tax break?

4. The Gary School Board member who recently went on a junket to Japan - paid for by the taxpayers - is this ok or is this indicative of the thinking of the people of Gary?

My point - you can claim that everything bad that happens in Gary is the result of racism. I'm just wondering where self-responsibility comes into the picture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:05 pm 

MISTAKE

Last edited by Dwight on Sun May 08, 2005 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: INCOMPLETE ENTRY
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:15 pm 

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS POSTING!! IT WAS ACCIDENTLY SUBMITTED. I WILL RE-SUBMIT ANOTHER ONE SOON.

DWIGHT

Post subject: CLARIFICATION FOR MY FRIEND DEWEY
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:45 pm 

Your interpretation of the functionality of the politics surrounding Gary is obviously lacking fundamental ingredients for an educated assumption as to what is going on.

Just as the birth of the baseball field was made possibe by greedy white opportunists, such as Mayor King and his law partners, a similar plan is attempting to materialize with the airport.

Your naive assumption to categotorize the GUEA with the internal governmental process in Gary is the mentality of far right conservatives such as yourself, and others who will do anything to obstruct the process of the Black Man.

When the entire platform of corruption is exposed, including corporate America, only then should we consider examining "the little man".

An individual goes on an "alleged" educational trip to Japan. Automatically, you label it a junket. If she was white, would the trip be considered a junket? By the way, I think her quest should have initiated here in America.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight on Tue May 10, 2005 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:27 pm 

Thanks for the response, Dwight.

Yes, it would be a junket no matter what her color, nationality, or for that matter, gender. From any community. I am glad you acknowledge that her quest should start here and not over there.

Secondly, the GUEA is a quasi-governmental unit that seemingly misused a lot of public money. No one has disputed the facts - buying property in Chicago falls well outside what would remotely be considered Economic Development in Gary. Leasing or buying Jaguars with public money is wrong.

What I am reading from your answers is this: White people are all evil.

Everything that white people do for Gary is evil. If you don't move to Gary you are evil. If you move to Gary you have sinister intentions toward blacks. The City of Gary is a paragon of virtue. Don't point out what's wrong if you are white. If you are white, then anything you say is to put down black Americans. But it is ok to point out what is wrong in other areas if you are black.

Don't invest your money in the Airport - you are trying to hurt Gary by doing so. But we are going to scream racism if you don't invest in Gary.

"When the entire platform of corruption is exposed, including corporate America, only then we should consider examining "the little man". " What?!?!?!?????????? You can't be serious, can you???? Corruption is ok because it happens in a predominantly African American city???????????????????? That statement is irresponsible. I really hope you didn't mean that.

Dwight, I am confused by all of this. If I'm the only one, then I guess it is my problem.

It is clear that you just want to rant. You don't want dialogue. You want to scream at white people for injustices that they or other white people have caused. You admitted so yourself. You mentioned a comment from Dennis Conklin of Chesterton praising Condoleeza Rice, and twisted that to state that she wouldn't be welcome to live in his community. Only when you were called on it did you admit that you don't know Dennis Conklin, that he never said that Ms. Rice would be unwelcomed in his community. You painted Mr. Conklin as a racist - when he said something complimentary about our Secretary of State. You admitted that you painted Mr. Conklin that way because you feel that the community he lives in is racist based on some nebulous incident that you stated happened years ago.

You can rant on these boards all you want. Welcome to the United States of America.

Having attempted to get past your ranting and have dialogue, and having failed, I wish you well. I hope that this ranting and raving and stating untruths is somehow therapeutic for you.

Have a great day!

Post subject: YOUR OPINION
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:13 pm 

Your analytical assessment of my opinion is nothing more than an effort to distract me from my relentless mission. What you don't underestand is, I am focused. There is nothing you can say or do to make me deviate from my agenda, "my friend."

If you think I am ranting, that is your prerogative. When a Black Man talks up, "you people" construe it as militancy. When a white man voices his opinion, it is considered dialogue.

I will have a dialogue with you any day. And if you want, it could even be an intellectual one, "my friend."

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Sun May 08, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:05 pm 

Dwight, I will give you points for consistency and for not letting the facts get in the way.

Once again, any discussion or criticism reverts back to race. I never mentioned militancy.

Dialogue happens when people have discussions that are based in fact and have a give and take. They acknowledge when they are wrong, and willfully listen to the point of view of others. Dialogue breaks down when one side refuses to acknowledge that their point of view might be a tad out of whack.

It might be easier if you just said, "All white people are evil and wrong, no matter what they say or do."

Good luck on your relentless mission. Just one suggestion; if you want people to listen to your point of view and take you seriously, you might want to acknowledge when you get a little carried away.

Post subject: FACTS
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:38 pm 

My aim will remain relentless. Your attempt to portray my relentless projection of facts as fiction will never be successful.

You didn't have to mention militancy. When a Black Man makes any kind of noise, espcecially if it is loud, he is automatically associated with militancy.

The consistency of my messages will always prevail over any rhetoric you attempt to sprinkle over them.

Dwight

Last edited by Dwight on Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:38 pm 

Interesting discussion. I have some questions for Dwight:

Quote:
Just as the birth of the baseball field was made possible by greedy white opportunists, such as Mayor King and his law partners, a similar plan is attempting to materialize with the airport.

1) What is wrong with greedy white opportunists investing money in Gary if it creates jobs, increases the property tax base, creates a reason for people to come to Gary and spend money…

Quote:
Your analytical assessment of my opinion is nothing more than an effort to distract me from my relentless mission. What you don't understand is, I am focused. There is nothing you can say or do to make me deviate from my agenda, "my friend."

2) What is your “relentless mission” and/or agenda?

Post subject: TO THE CONTRARY
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:45 am 

You asked: What is wrong with greedy white opportunist investing their money in Gary? Absolutely nothing my friend. They don't invest their money in Gary, they invest it in their baseball field. The maintenance and security of their baseball field is provided by the city of Gary. The profits of the baseball field goes directly to the greedy white opportunists who are the owners, not the city of Gary. A brilliant setup for the greedy white opportunists, not the city of Gary.

My relentless mission is to continue to elevate the consiousness of Black People to a higher level of comprehension of a systematic and diabolical plan orchestrated by oppressors who have been oppressing for many years.

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Wed May 11, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:29 am 

Two words: Personal Responsibility.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 pm 

So, Dwight...everyone is the enemy.

That seems to be a lonely place to be. Take no prisoners - no one else has any virtue. Turn potential allies into enemies.

Good luck on your mission.