Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: OFF TOPIC !!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:43 pm 

20 girls being jealous of other girls

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:30 pm 

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:12 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm 

A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble... At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered. 'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up. 'The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveler asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveler gestured to the dog.
'There should be a bowl by the pump.'

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveler asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveler said. 'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:47 pm 

The Obama translation guide

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:36 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

Finally, a cause I can support!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:45 pm 

15 Things You Should Know About Breasts

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:00 pm 

Alexander Graham Bell's first telephone call, March 10, 1876.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm 

Has anyone heard from splorks lately...... :shock:

Quote:
Man Accused of Urinating on Women in Jersey City

Updated: Thursday, 18 Mar 2010, 2:48 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 17 Mar 2010, 8:40 PM EDT

MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF REPORT

MYFOXNY.COM - Police in Jersey City have arrested an ex-con they say has been urinating on women at a bus stop in Journal Square, a source said Wednesday.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_n ... 100317-akd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:38 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 am 

ZIP LOCK BAG with water & pennies to keep flies away...

Quote:
We went with friends to Sweety Pies on Sunday for breakfast and sat in the patio section beside the house. We happened to notice zip lock baggies pinned to a post and a wall. The bags were half filled with water, each contained 4 pennies, and they were zipped shut. Naturally we were curious! Ms. Sweety told us that these baggies kept the flies away! So naturally we were even more curious! We actually watched some flies come in the open window, stand around on the window sill, and then fly out again. And there were no flies in the eating area! This morning I checked this out on Google.

Below are comments on this fly control idea. I'm now a believer! Zip-lock water bags Ann Says: I tried the zip lock bag and pennies this weekend.. I have a horse trailer. The flies were bad while I was camping. I put the baggie with pennies above the door of the LQ. NOT ONE FLY came in the trailer. The horse trailer part had many. Not sure why it works but it does!

Danielle Martin Says: Fill a Zip lock bag with water and 5 or 6 pennies and hang it in the problem area. In my case it was a particular window in my home. It had a slight passage way for insects. Every since I have done that, it has kept flies and wasps away. Some say that wasps and flies mistake the bag for some other insect nest and are threatened.

Maggie Says: I swear by the plastic bag of water trick. I have them on porch and basement. We saw these in Northeast Mo. at an Amish grocery store & have used them since. They say it works because a fly sees a reflection & won't come around.

DJ Says: Regarding the science behind zip log bags of water? My research found that the millions of molecules of water presents its own prism effect and given that flies have a lot of eyes, to them it's like a zillion disco balls reflecting light, colors and movement in a dizzying manner. When you figure that flies are prey for many other bugs, animals, birds, etc., they simply won't take the risk of being around that much perceived action. I moved to a rural area and thought these "hillbillies" were just yanking my city boy chain but I tried it and it worked immediately! We went from hundreds of flies to seeing the occasional one, but he didn't hang around long.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/foru ... 4819408401

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next