Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Dead Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:49 pm 

Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff

Brittany MurphyBrittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Her time of death was listed as 10:04 AM.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word." Murphy was reportedly fired from last film, "The Caller," after reports she was problematic on set.

UPDATE 3:11 PM ET -- Sources tell TMZ Brittany Murphy's mom discovered her unconscious in the shower. We're told when paramedics arrived, they quickly determined Murphy was in full cardiac arrest and immediately administered CPR. They continued CPR in route to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center -- several miles away -- and Murphy was unresponsive. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

We're told the LA County Coroner's is picking up Murphy's body from Cedars later today and will launch a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:00 PM ET -- We're also told the LAPD has launched a death investigation.

UPDATE 4:07 PM ET -- A rep for Murphy tells TMZ, "In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support. It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

UPDATE 5:21 PM ET -- Two LAPD officers were just spotted going into Murphy's home.

UPDATE 5:34 PM ET -- A neighbor of Brittany's tells TMZ she saw Brittany getting taken out on a stretcher with paramedics performing CPR. The neighbor said Brittany "looked dead."

Story developing ...

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 pm 

Arnold Stang, actor known for nerdy roles, dies
BOSTON — Arnold Stang, an actor who appeared alongside Milton Berle and Frank Sinatra and was known for his nerdy looks and distinctive nasal voice, has died. He was 91.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:08 am 

Connie Hines dies at 79; costar on TV's 'Mister Ed'
Connie Hines, an actress who portrayed Carol Post, whose husband Wilbur was the only person who could talk with Mister Ed in the 1960s television show, has died. She was 79.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 pm 

LoisLane wrote:

what was up with Wilbur?....if I had her in the house i wouldn't be hanging out in the barn all day...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:32 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

what was up with Wilbur?....if I had her in the house i wouldn't be hanging out in the barn all day...

You probably never noticed that stepstool behind Mr. Ed, did you?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:18 am 

what happened to those nice profile shots of her I posted?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:41 am 

Pioneering Sports Machine host George Michael dies at 70

Posted Dec 25th 2009 9:05AM by Danny Gallagher

One of television's biggest sports names long before people cared about the people who talked about sports on television has died.

George Michael, the sportscaster and longtime host of the nationally syndicated George Michael's Sports Machine, succumbed to a long battle with cancer on Thursday.

To call him ahead of his time would be an understatement. He basically invented the hyper clip style format of shows like ESPN's SportsCenter, brought a great deal of personality to TV sports reporting and sportscasting and even inspired and mentored the likes of Pardon the Interruption's Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 pm 

Fess Parker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:04 pm 

Peter Graves

Merlin Olsen

Ping Ping (the wold's smallest man)

Corey Haim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm 

'I Spy' star Robert Culp dead at 79

I SpyOne half of the 'I Spy' team is gone: Robert Culp has died near his home in Hollywood at the age of 79. What's even more troubling is the way he died. Culp apparently fell and hit his head while out for a walk and was found by a jogger. He later died at a hospital.

Although Culp is probably best known for his work with Bill Cosby on 'I Spy,' he could be equally well-known to modern audiences for his work on two other classic shows. He played Agent Bill Maxwell on 'The Greatest American Hero' and also played Debra's dad on 'Everybody Loves Raymond.'

He made appearances in tons of other TV shows too: 'Columbo' (he was the murderer four times), 'Murder, She Wrote,' 'Matlock,' 'Robot Chicken,' 'The Outer Limits,' 'Police Story,' 'Dr. Kildare,' 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E., 'Combat,' 'Disneyland,' 'The Rifleman,' 'Bonanza,' 'Golden Girls,' 'Wings,' and many more shows and movies.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:41 pm 

Meinhardt Raabe...Munchkinland's Coroner
R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:06 pm 

Dixie Carter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:16 pm 

Hey Lois,,

can you tell me how to copy and post images here? I never could make it work with my old computer. but i've got a new one now and would like to try again. BUT i forgot the procedure.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:20 am 

Legendary singer, actress and icon Lena Horne dead at 92

Lena Horne, the enchanting jazz singer and actress who reviled the bigotry that allowed her to entertain white audiences but not socialize with them, slowing her rise to Broadway superstardom, died Sunday. She was 92.

Horne died at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, according to hospital spokeswoman Gloria Chin. Chin would not release any other details.

Horne, whose striking beauty and magnetic sex appeal often overshadowed her sultry voice, was remarkably candid about the underlying reason for her success.

"I was unique in that I was a kind of black that white people could accept," she once said. "I was their daydream. I had the worst kind of acceptance because it was never for how great I was or what I contributed. It was because of the way I looked."

In the 1940s, she was one of the first black performers hired to sing with a major white band, the first to play the Copacabana nightclub and among a handful with a Hollywood contract.

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:18 am 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:

As Fred Sanford would say: The Horne

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next