Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: THE GARY COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:28 am 

Not just public officials, but every adult in the city of Gary (including myself) must be held accountable for the quality of education our children are receiving. Our children are being deprived a quality education comparable to surrounding municipalities because a great portion of our selfish educators and administrators are focused on one thing. I am not referring to our children. Their professionalism should prevail over any preoccupation they may have. But unfortunately, drug addition is more complicated then we can imagine.

The recent news I received regarding rampant drug usage in the Gary Community School Corporation enables me to see a bigger picture of our problematic school system. It isn’t hard to believe because of the condition of our school system. The individuals who revealed to me the existence of drug usage in our school system are not only credible, but their input coincides with our children’s deplorably bad ISTEP test scores.

Starting with Dr. Steele and on down, every employee of the School Corporation should be tested immediately for drugs. Those who test positive should be given one chance to seek help. After that, it should be zero tolerance on the usage of drugs while employed by the Gary Community School Corporation. Mandatory and random testing will insure that every employee is in compliance with the zero tolerance of drug usage.

There is no reason on this earth for any employee to oppose this other than individuals with a drug dependency. Their dependency is cheating our children out of a quality education. While they are preoccupied with the desire to get high, our children are secondary on their teaching agenda.

This is not a complicated process. The amount of opposition to the implementation of a zero tolerance drug policy will determine the severity of our problem, and the number of drug dependent employees. This is not only a suggestion, it is a necessity for our children’s future. I anticipate a tremendous amount of opposition.

When an individual is pulled over for a traffic infraction, the responding police officer can discretionarily administer a sobriety test to insure public safety. I think employees of the school corporation should be held under the same scrutiny. After all, the road our children are using to acquire their education is in the path of individuals whose thinking capabilities have been compromised by drugs.

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:05 pm 

Quote:
Our children are being deprived a quality education comparable to surrounding municipalities because a great portion of our selfish educators and administrators are focused on one thing.

Drug use by teachers is not the main cause of poor test scores by the children of Gary.

Post subject: Quality of Education
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:43 am 

If you don't think the teaching capabilities of the Gary teachers are compromised because of drug usage, what kind of education do you think the kids would receive in your community if at least half of the educators were addicted to illegal drugs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:57 am 

You want answers and people to hold responsible? Start with the kids themselves. Here are the numbers for Gary's school corporation AYP statistics. Pay special attention to the attendance percentages, as they are pathetic.

http://mustang.doe.state.in.us/AP/ayp2004.cfm?corp=4690

You can't teach a kid who isn't in school, no matter how sober or high a teacher is.

Post subject: STATISTICS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:13 am 

You're absolutely right. It is impossible to teach a student if he or her is not in school. But my daughters, along with most of their friends have almost perfect attendances. For you to categorize the failure of our school system with absenteeism is ridiculous.

My first daughter (25) ranked # 1, almost perfect attendance, the second one (22) ranked #3, almost perfect attendance, the third one, who is 18 ranks #2 for the class of 2006, almost perfect attendance and my fourth (16) is a "A" student with almost perfect attendance. For my first two daughters to enter college and not be prepared is not my fault or my wife's fault. It is the Gary Community School Corporation's fault and individuals like yourself who continously tries to cover up corruption.

Regardless how hard you try to cover up the necessity for a mandatory drug test, I will relentlessly continue to crusade for every employee of the school corporation to be tested immediately.

Dwight Taylor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:08 pm 

Cover up corruption? Jesus Mulder, you need some help. :roll:

No wonder no one talks to you on here. You try to give someone info, and they accuse you of an illegal activity. Classy. If your kids are anything like you, that's probably why no one wants to teach them either, they don't listen, only accuse.

Post subject: STUPIDITY
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:39 pm 

Whoever you are referring to who don't talk to me, frankly, I don't give a damn. They must be aligned with individuals with the same ideology as yourself, stupidity.

Believe me, I would rather you or any other idiot who has no clue as to what is going, not to respond to my postings. Whenever I post anything, my name is included. Your ignorance is protruding through your disguise as a real man.

Have you considered a psychological evaluation?

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: name calling
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:22 pm 

neither one of you make a good arguement calling each other names - it's childish and doesn't prove anyone's point. I would say that you both have a valid point. You can't teach a child who isn't at school but for those who are at school can't learn if the teacher is unfit to teach. The stats are valid but what could be wrong by testing the teachers? The children can only learn as much as the teacher provides and if that is lacking - the child suffers. However, if attendance is low (not your kids specifically Dwight) then how can a good teacher teach? Stop the name calling and get on to seeing another point of view!

Post subject: Re: STUPIDITY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:07 am 

Dwight wrote:
Whoever you are referring to who don't talk to me, frankly, I don't give a damn. They must be aligned with individuals with the same ideology as yourself, stupidity.

Believe me, I would rather you or any other idiot who has no glue as to what is going, not to respond to my postings. Whenever I post anything, my name is included. Your ignorance is protruding through your disguise as a real man.

Have you considered a psychological evaluation?

Dwight Taylor

Have you considered taking off the tin foil hat?

Seriously that is some of the most ignorant posting I have ever seen. Like the world has time for some vast conspiracy to screw over your kids, don't flatter yourself.

The Gary school system sucks because the parents don't have time for their kids, the kids don't go to class, and no decent teacher in their right mind wants to be under the constant threat of the students that go there. There is no property tax base to speak of because there are no property values to speak of, because industry collapsed in the 1970's. No tax funding means little to no school funding, which means you are going to get the lowest class of teachers.

Maybe if you spent sometime teaching yourself respect for others, so that your kids respected others, other kids around them could learn respect for others, and maybe, just maybe, Gary could keep a decent teacher or two.

Take some responsibillity for something yourself. If your kids aren't ready for college, it probably has a lot to do with the poor interpersonal skills that you have demonstrated, and probably taught to them, vs any lack of an education.

I don't care if you sign your name or not, if you are teaching your kids the complete and utter lack of respect and lack of responsibility that you exhibit in your posts, you aren't a real man at all. Blaming someone else for all of your short comings doesn't make a difference. Teach your kids the ultimate lesson, and take responsibilty for where they are in life. Until you admit that you have a problem, nothing will ever change. All you are doing now is teaching your kids that they don't have to be responsible for their own actions, that someone else must be. I pitty your kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:52 pm 

Your interpretation of my postings means virtually nothing to me. What you know about the Gary school system is indicative of your idiotic responses. Your evaluation of the Gary schools is most likely from the perspective of an individual who always wanted to be white, but was never accepted. Obviously, you have some kind of connection with this despicable school system.

Seriously, your ignorance is prevailing in every sentence you write. Your naive perception of the conditions of Gary supercedes your little faculty of thinking. I could be wrong, but I would almost bet you are an oreo black man. Probably a Republican.

I taught, and will continue to teach my daughters well. I teach them to be aware of individuals such as yourself. They will not have time to feel they are inferior because of stupidity and ignorance, something you project. For you to blame the quality of education on a collapsed economy sincerely illustrates your dysfuntional perception of reality.

I have two more daughters who will be attending college soon. Regardless of the quality of education they receive in the Gary school system, they will prevail. There is no way on earth I will entertain the thought of exposing my daughters to dispicable hypocrites such as yourself.

For several reasons, I have no repect for you or anyone similar to you. Your judgemental assessment of me reveals your insecurities. I could care less who, and how many individuals you know employeed by the Gary Communitiy School Corporation. You or your associates are not worth my time typing this letter.

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:15 am 

Yep, everybody but yourself is wrong. Your poor kids.

Post subject: YOUR CALL
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:25 am 

My perfectionism doesn't allow me to be wrong. How did you know? My daughters don't need anything from you, especially sympathy. Give it to your inexcusable comprehension of reality.