Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Recommendation: Load calculations
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:34 pm 

I have a positive experience I'd like to share. We (my wife and I) are in the process of building a new home. In our current home, the temperature difference between the bedrooms (on one end of the house) and the kitchen (on the other end) is extremely noticeable. For the new house, we wanted to make sure that the same thing did not happen. I been reading everything I can find on the subject, including the posts in the various Internet forums. It was in one of these forums that I learned about an HVAC consulting company located in Indiana.

After sending them a copy of my houseplans, the company did a load calculation for the whole house to determine the total size of the equipment needed. They then did room-by-room load calculations and a duct design to determine the heating/cooling needed for each room. The company also researched many different options for equipment and made recommendations. I can now take this information to local HVAC contractors and have a "level playing field" for their quotes.

I won't mention the company name nor the employee who worked with me, since many Internet forums do not permit advertising - I don't want to break any rules. However, I do want to recommend that you get load calculations done...and get them very early in the design process. If you would like the name and contact information of the man I worked with, let me know and I'll gladly supply it. He may even see this, as he visits these forums on a regular basis himself.

Post subject: EDUCATED CONSUMER
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:52 am 

Now that's what I call an educated consumer.

Good Luck!