Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:41 am 

Dwight wrote:
Without a democracy, what do you recommend for our decision making process for government?

Apparently you don't know a Democrat from a Democracy.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 pm 

Apparently, you don't know the difference between a Democrat and a democrat. Nor do you know the difference between Democracy and a democracy.

Dwight Taylor

Last edited by Dwight on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:15 pm 

Shall we continue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:16 pm 

lol, owned :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:50 pm 

wow.

so here's some insight from a nineteen year old girl who had everything once upon a time and now has nothing.

i take full responsibility for all of my actions.

i was smart in high school, i graduated early with a respectable gpa. mommy paid the tab for everything. i had a part time job to do whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted. i went to church every week. i was an "upstanding citizen"

then i moved out.

i did get hooked on drugs. i do have a kid. and life is effing hard. i work 40 hrs a week at a gas station, my boyfriend is soon to be released from jail (he's a good guy who made bad decisions. we've all been there)

soo.. not that anything i said made any sense, but i know what its like to have it made and i know what its like to have to work for what i've got and i have no pity for the guys that stand on the corner of my gas station and hold up signs. especially when there's a sign on our front door which says "help wanted" and as for mental incapacities, i work with a schizophrenic. if that's not a mental incapacity, what is you definition:?: :?:

and yeah i think that everyone should take responsibility for what happens in their life. i mean, personally it would be so easy for me to blame everyone else, its so-and-so's fault i was a druggie. [[but i could have said no.]] yeah.. it's your fault we had a child -- [[but i could have prevented it.]]

i think that to blame others -- parents, friends, enemies, teachers, races, political figures, etc -- is ignorance. sometimes really bad people get dealt really great hands and sometimes really amazing people get dealt some pretty crappy hands, but how you play the cards is more than what cards you were dealt.

ok. im done. like i said.. im just a nineteen year old niave little girl who doesnt know much about the world, but that's still my input.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 pm 

lipslikerazors wrote:
wow.

so here's some insight from a nineteen year old girl who had everything once upon a time and now has nothing.

i take full responsibility for all of my actions.

i was smart in high school, i graduated early with a respectable gpa. mommy paid the tab for everything. i had a part time job to do whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted. i went to church every week. i was an "upstanding citizen"

then i moved out.

i did get hooked on drugs. i do have a kid. and life is effing hard. i work 40 hrs a week at a gas station, my boyfriend is soon to be released from jail (he's a good guy who made bad decisions. we've all been there)

soo.. not that anything i said made any sense, but i know what its like to have it made and i know what its like to have to work for what i've got and i have no pity for the guys that stand on the corner of my gas station and hold up signs. especially when there's a sign on our front door which says "help wanted" and as for mental incapacities, i work with a schizophrenic. if that's not a mental incapacity, what is you definition:?: :?:

and yeah i think that everyone should take responsibility for what happens in their life. i mean, personally it would be so easy for me to blame everyone else, its so-and-so's fault i was a druggie. [[but i could have said no.]] yeah.. it's your fault we had a child -- [[but i could have prevented it.]]

i think that to blame others -- parents, friends, enemies, teachers, races, political figures, etc -- is ignorance. sometimes really bad people get dealt really great hands and sometimes really amazing people get dealt some pretty crappy hands, but how you play the cards is more than what cards you were dealt.

ok. im done. like i said.. im just a nineteen year old niave little girl who doesnt know much about the world, but that's still my input.

so where are you at today?

Post subject: Re: Dog-Eat-Dog World
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:30 pm 

Moby - bored? Resurrecting 4-year-old threads?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:51 am 

karent wrote:
Moby - bored? Resurrecting 4-year-old threads?

bored?

not really...

I did a KEYWORD search and this thread was among the returns and I had never read it before and was just wondering what happened to this poster.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:41 am 

Dwight Taylor just disappeared - you'll have to ask someone more connected than me if he was banned. He still writes letters to the papers and tries to organize actions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 am 

karent wrote:
Dwight Taylor just disappeared - you'll have to ask someone more connected than me if he was banned. He still writes letters to the papers and tries to organize actions.

go to the top right of the screen and click on ''members''..it's between ''SEARCH'' and ''USER CONTROL PANEL''

you'll get the list of names

then click on the word Rank at the top of the ''RANK'' column.

then you'll get the member with the most posts on down...US Marine currently has the most.

click on the word Rank again and it will sort them the other direction and you'll see the banned names at the top of the list.

you don't need to be ''connected'' here.

have fun.