Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mitch Daniel's public forum at Griffith High School
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:34 pm 

I don't think it's as bad as they make it out to be....yet. :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 pm 

sparks wrote:
One thing is certain, while you may be a tool, you're definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

HMMM...NOW START MINDING THOSE MANNERS YOUNG MAN OR YOUR GOING TO GET A TIME OUT FROM THE FLEET ADMIRAL COMEDIAN. O.K. :wink: :smt006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:45 pm 

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
Up until that point, Mitch have received softball questions from the largely Republican audience. He was definitely not happy with me.[/b]

For your sake, I hope you're not a plumber.

One thing is certain, while you may be a tool, you're definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

In responding to your post, I was making an innocent and harmless reference to the way ‘Joe the Plumber’ was treated after asking an inconvenient question of a politician. You, however, chose to take it personally, using whatever warped logic you have become accustomed to using to further your persecution complex.
If you are intent on starting a war on this forum, please remember that it was you who fired the first shot.
Also, bear in mind that your Daddy is not here to protect you.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:54 pm 

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
For your sake, I hope you're not a plumber.

In responding to your post, I was making an innocent and harmless reference to the way ‘Joe the Plumber’ was treated after asking an inconvenient question of a politician. You, however, chose to take it personally, using whatever warped logic you have become accustomed to using to further your persecution complex.
If you are intent on starting a war on this forum, please remember that it was you who fired the first shot.
Also, bear in mind that your Daddy is not here to protect you.

Well Happy, if you ever have the pleasure of making my acquaintance, you will quickly realize that I don't need anyone to "protect" me. I'm here because I like posting and I enjoy not having to be as politically correct as the other forum demanded. If I see an opportunity to "tweak" you, rest assured that I will do so and I would hope that you do the same. Unless of course, you still have hopes of sucking up to the moderator on the other board and having your posting privileges restored.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:24 pm 

sparks wrote:
Well Happy, if you ever have the pleasure of making my acquaintance, you will quickly realize that I don't need anyone to "protect" me. I'm here because I like posting and I enjoy not having to be as politically correct as the other forum demanded. If I see an opportunity to "tweak" you, rest assured that I will do so and I would hope that you do the same. Unless of course, you still have hopes of sucking up to the moderator on the other board and having your posting privileges restored.

Yes, sparkles, you are 100% correct. Since I have not been allowed to post on the other board, and I know that the administrator also monitors my posts on this board, I have done nothing but suck up to Him ever since my banishment. Below are a few examples of how I have been sucking up to Him.
(I’m sure that you would have been able to provide evidence of how you have been sucking up to Him too, but unfortunately you swallowed.)

All right.
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum for using the word ‘sparkles.’
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum for using a certain number in a post.
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum for questioning his administration.
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum for having the nerve to say in public that He had been editing, deleting, moving, or otherwise tampering with my posts.
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum, and accused of trying to disrupt the board, for attempting to warn Him, in good faith, of the possibility that the board was being hacked.
I have been lied about by the God of the Forum, as He has accused me of personally attacking Him, yet refuses to show me exactly when, where, and how I did so.
I have been reprimanded by the God of the Forum for posing a question to the other posters when I began to see posts disappearing before my eyes.
And do you know what?
That is perfectly fine; if those are His rules and conditions, it is my choice whether or not I wish to tolerate them, as I am free to leave at any time.
But all I ask is that the rules apply equally, across the board, to everyone.
Apparently, that is way, way too much to ask.
You see, within minutes of the appearance of any post that has the slightest chance of offending one of His pet Princesses, He is on the board, micro-managing and ensuring that the wrong people do not get their feelings hurt.
Now, however, I have been accused by the Board Fairy-in-Chief of advocating the assassination of the President of the United States, a quite serious accusation, and as blatant an example of libel as I have ever seen.
There has been no reprimand of Boy Artie whatsoever.
The God of the Forum is, as I type, sitting with His thumbs up his ass and allowing this to occur.
Something is very, very wrong here.

Update

The administrator over there is really exposing himself as quite the piece of work. He allowed Artie to accuse me of advocating the assassination of the president, then banned me for reacting to the accusation. Then, he retroactively changed Artie’s post to make it appear that Artie did not make the accusation. Of course, unless you were witnessing the exchange in real time, you would have no way of knowing what had transpired – the administrator quite conveniently covered his tracks.

Here is part of a PM that I sent him:

Since you placed a 1 hour window on editing posts, it is clear that you were the one who did the editing, not Artie. It is also clear why you did it – so that you could make my reactive responses appear to be overblown and unjustified.

So, you see, you clearly did not treat Artie in the same manner that you treated me; you protected him by editing his words after the fact, and you were clearly caught lying. It must be nice to have the ability to rewrite history at your whim. It is becoming obvious why you wish to run a forum populated by liberals only – with that crowd, there is so much lying going on that your own lying goes relatively unnoticed. I’m ed by, but not surprised by, your utter lack of honesty, honor, and even the tiniest bit of shame.

Whatanabsolutedickhead.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain that it's just another timeout.
As it stands now, Board God demands that all of our disputes be carried out through PMs; that way, He has the best of both worlds. He gets to keep me off the forum, but no one is allowed to see His ridiculous reasoning as to why He does so. If He flat-out bans me, then He will have conceded that He is unable to debate me, something He is unwilling to do.
Apparently, He is either embarrassed by or ashamed of what He writes; why else would He demand privacy? I, on the other hand, am not embarrassed by what I write, and I will stand by it, whether in public or in private.
It's quite funny observing a gutless control freak as He loses control.

The administrator certainly knows how to moderate a board, doesn't he?
He's moderated that one nearly out of existence. Yeah, maybe that is what he was referring to (though I haven't seen anything from Artie for a while on the board in the Promised Land).
I can't quite figure out the goals of the administrator over there. You'd think that anyone with an ounce of sense would know that a forum which doesn't allow dissent would be doomed to a very short life.
I noticed the other day that he censored my avatar, and I just noticed today that he removed my signature, which was:
Freedom of speech is truly a dangerous concept when conservatives exercise it.
But liberals who claim to oppose “inflammatory rhetoric” when it comes from conservatives have no problem with uncivil liberalism. Or 100 percent hate-filled left-wing character assassination.
So, it appears that the Duke of Deletions, the Sultan of Censorship, the Emperor of Editing, the Queen of Quarantine, and the Lord of the Board is slowly but surely destroying his own creation.

You must have, at some point, disagreed with the sociopolitical views of either sparks, artie, or the administrator. That's all?
That's all?
That's all it takes.
You mess with the Lord o' the Board openly and you are asking for trouble; believe me, I speak from experience. When he is forced to put His bogus rationalizations on public display, He is not happy, because His logic falls apart when exposed to sunlight.
I've said as much on the other board, and the only thing accomplished was that I had my posts deleted/edited and I was banned.
About all that is going on there anyway is Mirage arguing with Artie, with Artie being unable to make any coherent points and being reduced once again to posting his stupid cartoons.
I don't really see that board surviving when there are are only a few posts per day.
Any day now he'll be creating a half-dozen or so sockpuppets to make it appear that there is actually some traffic on that forum. Watch for new members.
There have already been two or three posts on the Land of the Free forum today!
Hope the Lord o' the Board isn't getting worn out from all that moderating He must be doing.
born_again wrote:
Had to laugh at markh today...he posted the TOS on the other bored, this paticulallar part was labled Online Conduct" enjoy!

markh is such a f*cking tool

Does that mean that the minutes we spend on that board should be classified as 'Tool Time'?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:32 pm 

comedian wrote:

You are correct, Fleet Admiral.

There is an agenda being followed with respect to the economy and the attempt to "talk it down" whereby the Messiah and his Disciples stand to gain.

Whether or not their plans are realized or if itultimately comes to harm them is yet to be seen. However, as the days go by, bin Obama is starting to shoulder more responsibilty for the economic crises.

As it should be. A community organizer.....OY!!!! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:17 am 

sparks wrote:
Well Happy, if you ever have the pleasure of making my acquaintance, you will quickly realize that I don't need anyone to "protect" me.
Says the man who talked trash about me on the Times board for speaking out against the multimillion dollar waste of the proposed new high school and was speechless when I rolled up to you to personally address your comments.
I contend that it isn't about the fancy artwork on the walls, the students can create the art and build character into the building, nor is it about expensive decor that may look pretty but adds nothing to the educational value but it's about the teachers. Take for example people like Paul Revere, Thomas Young, Joseph Warren, Alexander McDougall, Patrick Henry, John Hancock, Isaac Sears, John Lamb, James Otis, Marinus Willett and John Adams. True patriots who did not have their friends, family or connected friends build expensive buildings. How did these gentlemen do with their education?
And staying on topic the Gov. even said that school construction spending was out of control in his portion of the state.

I understand the need for the HB 1001 tax caps, but when our current legislators fight against reform and when they see the strenuous efforts by our local officials to cut the budgets they still refuse to release millions of dollars in tax payer money that has already been paid until we get a county income tax it is wrong! For a government to tell its people that they can not receive the tax money they already paid until they institute a new tax is unfathomable to me. When the lady from Griffith asked for help with something as basic and necessary as police protection and the communities have already cut their budgets and he flatly says no, then maybe the call for impeachment should grow. Where are those tax dollars anyways? Are they collecting interest since our money is being unjustly withheld from us? Those were some of the questions I was going to try to address, but didn't have an opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:38 am 

Fletcher wrote:
sparks wrote:
Well Happy, if you ever have the pleasure of making my acquaintance, you will quickly realize that I don't need anyone to "protect" me.
Says the man who talked trash about me on the Times board for speaking out against the multimillion dollar waste of the proposed new high school and was speechless when I rolled up to you to personally address your comments.What I said was that I didn't think a person who doesn't own a home in Hammond or even have a home phone should be running for public office. I wrote that two years ago and I still feel the same way. I believe that individual who wishes to become an elected official should have a track record of being successful in the private sector. If you think that is talking trash, oh well. As far as being speechless, if have made it a point to smile condescendingly and nod in agreement whenever someone who appears mentally unbalanced starts angrily berating me.
I contend that it isn't about the fancy artwork on the walls, the students can create the art and build character into the building, nor is it about expensive decor that may look pretty but adds nothing to the educational value but it's about the teachers. Take for example people like Paul Revere, Thomas Young, Joseph Warren, Alexander McDougall, Patrick Henry, John Hancock, Isaac Sears, John Lamb, James Otis, Marinus Willett and John Adams. True patriots who did not have their friends, family or connected friends build expensive buildings. How did these gentlemen do with their education?
And staying on topic the Gov. even said that school construction spending was out of control in his portion of the state.

I understand the need for the HB 1001 tax caps, but when our current legislators fight against reform and when they see the strenuous efforts by our local officials to cut the budgets they still refuse to release millions of dollars in tax payer money that has already been paid until we get a county income tax it is wrong! For a government to tell its people that they can not receive the tax money they already paid until they institute a new tax is unfathomable to me. When the lady from Griffith asked for help with something as basic and necessary as police protection and the communities have already cut their budgets and he flatly says no, then maybe the call for impeachment should grow. Where are those tax dollars anyways? Are they collecting interest since our money is being unjustly withheld from us? Those were some of the questions I was going to try to address, but didn't have an opportunity.

As I read your comments about our founding fathers and patriots, it becomes painfully obvious you have very little understanding of the social status of the founding fathers. They were the richest,most powerful men in the colonies. They set up a political system that was designed to do one thing, shift power from the King of England to themselves while maintaining the status quo otherwise. If they were truly "revolutionary, they would have abolished slavery,instead of subjecting millions of blacks to unspeakable deaths in the holds of slave ships over the next 90 years.They would have allowed everyone to vote,not just landholders and they would have treated native American Indians with respect instead of continuing the campaign of genocide that slaughtered an estimated 10 million native Americans over a two hundred year period. It's a shame that you never had the intellectual curiosity to read beyond the fairy tales that we are taught in public school.
I thought the people that did speak to Governor Daniels did a good job in exploring the questions we were there to debate and I really doubt your input would have added much to the discussion. I hope you noticed the cool,confident manner Governor Daniels handled criticism. That is how a leader acts. Whining about the fact that I hurt your feelings is an utter waste of your time and energy. Next time there is a public forum, try bringing your "A'" game and act with courage like Frank Mrvan Jr. He confronted the Governor in a clear concise manner that most of the people in that auditorium understood, with the exception of the rude catcalls from Team Slumlord.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:18 am 

USMarine wrote:
comedian wrote:

You are correct, Fleet Admiral.

There is an agenda being followed with respect to the economy and the attempt to "talk it down" whereby the Messiah and his Disciples stand to gain.

Whether or not their plans are realized or if itultimately comes to harm them is yet to be seen. However, as the days go by, bin Obama is starting to shoulder more responsibilty for the economic crises.

As it should be. A community organizer.....OY!!!! :roll:

Their plans aren't realized and probably never will be. Like I said....YET. The up and coming next few weeks most likely aren't going to be too good. More bailouts are on the horizon and jobs going down the shutes. I think we are very close to getting bad to the point people will turn even more to the government and Obama to save them. IMO, I don't think they want their stimulus to work. They just are trying to appear like they want it to. Of course, this is just my opinion because the course they are taking us is constantly being rubuked and isn't working. This is one heck of a mix and mosh thread...LOL :smt006

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:59 am 
Banned

happy jack wrote:
Yes, sparkles, you are 100% correct. Since I have not been allowed to post on the other board, and I know that the administrator also monitors my posts on this board, I have done nothing but suck up to Him ever since my banishment. Below are a few examples of how I have been sucking up to Him.
(I’m sure that you would have been able to provide evidence of how you have been sucking up to Him too, but unfortunately you swallowed.)

[
The administrator over there is really exposing himself as quite the piece of work. He allowed Artie to accuse me of advocating the assassination of the president, then banned me for reacting to the accusation. Then, he retroactively changed Artie’s post to make it appear that Artie did not make the accusation. Of course, unless you were witnessing the exchange in real time, you would have no way of knowing what had transpired – the administrator quite conveniently covered his tracks.

Here is part of a PM that I sent him:

Since you placed a 1 hour window on editing posts, it is clear that you were the one who did the editing, not Artie. It is also clear why you did it – so that you could make my reactive responses appear to be overblown and unjustified.

So, you see, you clearly did not treat Artie in the same manner that you treated me; you protected him by editing his words after the fact, and you were clearly caught lying. It must be nice to have the ability to rewrite history at your whim. It is becoming obvious why you wish to run a forum populated by liberals only – with that crowd, there is so much lying going on that your own lying goes relatively unnoticed. I’m ed by, but not surprised by, your utter lack of honesty, honor, and even the tiniest bit of shame.

I actually did witness that thread before markh went back and edited it to cover for the old queen and turn jack into the villian. Even by the incredibly woeful markh standards of dishonest and deceitful behavior, it was stunning to go back and see the hatchet job that he had done. A well-adjusted, normal person would have absolutely no possible motivation or reason to run that board the way he runs that board. It's the same way he moderated at the Times before they wised up, fired him, and disbanded the whole volunteer program due to his abuse. He continually outdoes himself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:40 pm 

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how some of you are applauding My Man B**ch (even the Repubs). This cat has the nerve to come here & offer no help or solutions, but leases our toll roads (which we didn't benefit from) & collects taxes from Lake County casino boats, & you applaud him for stating the obvious.

Is there corruption in Lake County? Yes! Is there corruption in Marion County? Yes! But I guess if we don't do things "his" way then every municipality is corrupt. The fool said that he could not guarantee a tax reduction if Township Govt was eliminated. Then how does that benefit the people of Lake County?

This cat has the ba!!s to come here & talk about corruption when he lets the mills & BP pollute our air & get rid of IDEM, all while giving them tax breaks to slowly kill us & some of you applaud him? I wonder how much he gets from them in campaign contributions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:03 pm 

nickbeam wrote:
This cat has the nerve to come here & offer no help or solutions ......

Lets see .... Property Tax Caps ... which Lake County Politicians have tried everything under the sun to subvert ... I think thats a pretty big one .. don't you?

A whole host of government efficiencies, which again Lake County has done everything to exclude themselves from.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:28 pm 

sparks wrote:
As I read your comments about our founding fathers and patriots, it becomes painfully obvious you have very little understanding of the social status of the founding fathers. They were the richest,most powerful men in the colonies. They set up a political system that was designed to do one thing, shift power from the King of England to themselves while maintaining the status quo otherwise. If they were truly "revolutionary, they would have abolished slavery,instead of subjecting millions of blacks to unspeakable deaths in the holds of slave ships over the next 90 years.They would have allowed everyone to vote,not just landholders and they would have treated native American Indians with respect instead of continuing the campaign of genocide that slaughtered an estimated 10 million native Americans over a two hundred year period.

My, my, Princess – you continue to outdo yourself on a daily basis.
The founding fathers were by no means perfect. However, their ideals and ambitions for this country were much more close to perfect than any major nation in existence at that time. They had to start somewhere, didn't they?
Slavery existed worldwide, and it was not possible to stop it overnight, but through the fundamentals of rights and governance that they put in place, the abolition of slavery eventually became a reality.
Not everyone was allowed to vote at that time but, again, through the fundamentals of rights and governance that they put in place, voting is now a right for everyone.
At that time in history, it was the age of exploration, and virtually all major nations engaged in the subjugation and exploitation of native peoples wherever they happened to dock their ships. It was not nice, and it was not right, but neither was it unique to America.
You seem to have no compunction over damning those who came before you, those who made it possible for you to have the right to damn them, and to have the right to speak freely about anything of your choosing, and to have the right to exist and prosper in this country regardless of the royal blood, or lack thereof, that runs through your veins.
So, yes, the founding fathers were far from perfect, but they were undertaking, from scratch, a grand experiment. There was a considerable amount of trial and error, and I’m sure that if they were alive today, they would be deeply ashamed that their efforts didn’t measure up to the lofty standards of some whiny little prick sitting at his computer in 2009.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:52 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Slavery existed worldwide, and it was not possible to stop it overnight, but through the fundamentals of rights and governance that they put in place, the abolition of slavery eventually became a reality.
Not everyone was allowed to vote at that time but, again, through the fundamentals of rights and governance that they put in place, voting is now a right for everyone.
At that time in history, it was the age of exploration, and virtually all major nations engaged in the subjugation and exploitation of native peoples wherever they happened to dock their ships. It was not nice, and it was not right, but neither was it unique to America.

These only came to an end thru struggle and strife. They were not given willingly. They had to be forced thru perseverance, protest and even bloodshed. It took people willing to go against the grain in order to demand their freedoms.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:29 pm 

mattlap wrote:
It took people willing to go against the grain in order to demand their freedoms.

Which is precisely what the founding fathers did, and in the process made it possible for others to do so also.

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next