Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: National Tax Day Tea Party - Please get the word out
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:55 am 

Hi Everyone!

I hope there are many reading this. On April 15th there is a large protest scheduled to take place in many cities and towns across the country - 12 in Indiana alone. The NW Indiana location will be in Valpo. From the posts I have been reading I can tell people are really angry about many things involving the GOV - Below are the details for what will no doubt make a huge impact on those who continue to raise our taxes. If you follow the link you can get the location info for all states as well as anything else you want to know.

I would love to hear what everyone is thinking about this protest, and I am also very interested in knowing how many of you plan to attend. This ia an American thing, not a democratic or republican thing.

"On Wednesday, April 15, Americans from over 150 cities across the United States will be gathering for the National Tax Day Tea Party. Taking inspiration from the 1773 Boston Tea Party where citizens dumped tea into the Boston harbor in protest to Great Britain's undercutting of American merchants, this event will be a national protest to out-of-control government spending from so-called "bailouts" to pork spending and government waste to unprecedented government debt. American Majority's core principles are freedom for the individual and freedom in the marketplace. We also believe that national change begins at the community and state level. For these reasons, we are proud to support the grassroots effort being undertaken to promote these principles through the National Tax Day Tea Party and encourage you to become involved in this historic event."

For more information, please click here. For more information follow the below link.

http://www.americanmajority.org/news-and-views/news/281-national-tax-day-tea-party-april-15

City: Valparaiso
When: April 15, 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Where:City Square, Washington, Lincolnway, Napoleon, Indiana Streets
Other Info:
Facebook Group:

Post subject: Re: National Tax Day Tea Party - Please get the word out
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:11 pm 

So what have you planned to do burn down the apartments and get rid of the under class

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:15 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
So what have you planned to do burn down the apartments and get rid of the under class

Good idea, Chief...!!!!!!!

I wish I would have thought of that one..... :smt005 :smt006

susieq wrote:
On April 15th there is a large protest scheduled to take place in many cities and towns across the country - 12 in Indiana alone.

Just wait until the "carbon tax" hits. You say you want a revolution...?

That tax is going to be the flaming brand thrust into the pyre.

:shock:

Last edited by USMarine on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm 

Why revenue-neutral carbon taxes are essential,
what’s happening now, and how you can help

The Obama Administration and the new Congress are being called upon to address 21st Century climate realities. In a carbon-constrained world, a permanent and increasing U.S. carbon tax is essential to reduce the emissions that are driving global warming.

* A carbon tax is a tax on the carbon content of fossil fuels (coal, oil, gas).
* A carbon tax is the most economically efficient means to convey crucial price signals and spur carbon-reducing investment and low-carbon behavior. Our spreadsheet shows how fast emissions will fall.
* Carbon taxes should be phased in so businesses and households have time to adapt.
* A carbon tax should be revenue-neutral: government can soften the impacts of added costs by paying back the tax revenues ("dividends") or reducing other taxes ("tax-shifting").
* Support for a carbon tax is growing steadily among public officials; economists; scientists; policy experts; business, religious, and environmental leaders; and ordinary citizens.

We invite you to learn more about carbon taxing, to share your thoughts about it, and click here to sign a petition and write your Congressmember saying you agree that setting a direct price on carbon is the most potent policy to solve the climate crisis

http://www.carbontax.org/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:22 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
Why revenue-neutral carbon taxes are essential

Revenue-neutral......?

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Geronimo wrote:
Why revenue-neutral carbon taxes are essential

Revenue-neutral......?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHH

...and global warming?

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

This is the only global warming taking place:

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. -Luke 24:12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:45 pm 

Geronimo wrote:

HAHA!!! Nope, since I can't seem to find a job right now I think I am a member of the 'under' class at the moment, so that would not work out well for me!! :lol: This protest has nothing to do with any kind of violence (or fires) of any kind - more about getting our point across as American citizens. I know I am sick of being taxed to death on everything, can't even smoke anymore without paying an a$$ hole tax. Pathetic!!! I think a lot of people have forgotten that according to our constitution we the people are the GOV, so shouldn't we at least like the direction we are heading in? Its scary out there - you seem know it too from the posts you have written lately. Do the research and you'll see what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:50 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

Good idea, Chief...!!!!!!!

I wish I would have of that one..... :smt005 :smt006

susieq wrote:
On April 15th there is a large protest scheduled to take place in many cities and towns across the country - 12 in Indiana alone.

Just wait until the "carbon tax" hits. You say you want a revolution...?

That tax is going to be the flaming brand thrust into the pyre.

:shock:

Carbon tax is a crock!!! But I am sure it will be coming anyway - pretty soon we will be taxed for wiping our butts. Land of the free????????????? Not anymore!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 pm 

susieq wrote:
Carbon tax is a crock!!! But I am sure it will be coming anyway

No question.

The "cap and trade" looks to be dead in the water but the Messiah needs to do something that will really hit energy users hard.

Only thing is, the fools that are cheering him on don't realise that it will hurt the poor and middle class the most. But the great unwashed masses will think that the Messiah is doing it to save the earth and all of humanity. Thus, they will happily relegate themselves and thier loved ones to living in poverty like a 3rd world country. Like say....Cuba.

Typical.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:58 pm 

susieq wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

HAHA!!! Nope, since I can't seem to find a job right now I think I am a member of the 'under' class at the moment, so that would not work out well for me!! :lol: This protest has nothing to do with any kind of violence (or fires) of any kind - more about getting our point across as American citizens. I know I am sick of being taxed to death on everything, can't even smoke anymore without paying an a$$ hole tax. Pathetic!!! I think a lot of people have forgotten that according to our constitution we the people are the GOV, so shouldn't we at least like the direction we are heading in? Its scary out there - you seem know it too from the posts you have written lately. Do the research and you'll see what I mean.

You know I feel you this is crap the government refuses to consolidate and downsize at our expense.

Look in your pocket and see how many licenses and registrations you have and permits to carry a gun and hunting and fishing all that stuff should come up under one comprehensive license and all the government bureaucracy should be consolidated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm 

I will have to gather up some friends and make our appearance as Americans. I know the area well, and I am looking forward to witnessing the turnout at this event. I believe it will say a lot about the number of people who are really tired of the direction this godvernment is taking us, which is way down as taxes go up.

I believe I can rally a number of people to attend, probably 30+

Thank you for the invitation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:08 pm 

USMarine wrote:
susieq wrote:
Carbon tax is a crock!!! But I am sure it will be coming anyway

No question.

The "cap and trade" looks to be dead in the water but the Messiah needs to do something that will really hit energy users hard.

Only thing is, the fools that are cheering him on don't realise that it will hurt the poor and middle class the most. But the great unwashed masses will think that the Messiah is doing it to save the earth and all of humanity. Thus, they will happily relegate themselves and thier loved ones to living in poverty like a 3rd world country. Like say....Cuba.

Typical.

Yep, he has been a big fan of hitting us hard so far; lets see, how many lies has he been caught in now?? There is the extra 30,000 troops he sent to war, mutipal new and wonderful taxes (Gagging!!), and how 'bout those FEMA camps popping up all over the place?? Including one in Kingsbury, IN. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6sQYw94Cs Wonder what is next??? But boy that ammo has sure been flying off the shelves everywhere (even as the price skyrockets!), and did you know there were over 30,000 people at the porter county gun show?? People sure do seem to be getting prepared for something..............................

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:15 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
susieq wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

You know I feel you this is crap the government refuses to consolidate and downsize at our expense.

Look in your pocket and see how many licenses and registrations you have and permits to carry a gun and hunting and fishing all that stuff should come up under one comprehensive license and all the government bureaucracy should be consolidated.

You know Geronimo I was just sayin' the same thing to a few people the other day aboiut all the permits we have to have. It is a sad thing that we have to pay a fee to catch and eat our own food - and of course we know this summer there will be a lot of people trying to do just that with the price of everything way up and job loss so high. (glad I live on a private lake with no public access) I also heard that the GOV was adding a new GOV agency (big surprise there!) for the olympic comittee. What, we pay for sporting events now too???
:smt076

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:20 pm 

Did someone say safe and carbon-free energy?

We are going to have a Friendly Death Star made from lasers to provide all we need? :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20090408/ ... esunspower

:?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm 

Look in your pocket and see how many licenses and registrations you have and permits to carry a gun and hunting and fishing all that stuff should come up under one comprehensive license and all the government bureaucracy should be consolidated.[/quote]

You know Geronimo I was just sayin' the same thing to a few people the other day aboiut all the permits we have to have. It is a sad thing that we have to pay a fee to catch and eat our own food - and of course we know this summer there will be a lot of people trying to do just that with the price of everything way up and job loss so high. (glad I live on a private lake with no public access) I also heard that the GOV was adding a new GOV agency (big surprise there!) for the olympic comittee. What, we pay for sporting events now too???
:smt076[/quote]

I have wrote a letter to the governor requesting that he wave the licensee fee this year and he the DNR refused to do so.

There are many who feed their families from hunting and fishing that are out of work and need that money for things like medicine or utilities

:x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next