Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pete Visclosky, WTF are you doing???
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:46 am 

Quote:
Dear Max,

I know that people are concerned about crime and safety in our community, and I have some good news to share with you on crime fighting efforts.

This week, the House of Representatives passed the COPS Improvements Act of 2009, important legislation that I cosponsored
I wonder how many other fascist or ignorant legislators signed on to this police state legislation so they could claim to not be "soft on crime" and insure the police and uninformed old folks vote?
Quote:
to ensure that our local law enforcement officers have the tools and resources they need to keep our community safe. The bill renews and expands Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) programs for law enforcement hiring, community prosecutors, and technology grants.
COPS has a proven track record of success in Northwest Indiana and across the country. Since it was created in 1994, COPS has sent nearly $23 million in grants to Northwest Indiana that have helped 29 police departments and law enforcement agencies put 267 new officers on the streets.
That's right, throw more money at it, that always works. Well, it looks good, but, ITS YOUR MONEY PEOPLE! A "proven" track record, sure it does. Let's ask to see it. Just sounds to me like they are preparing more and more for those domestic disturbances they've been talking about. ALL at your expense in dollars and liberty.

Quote:
Additionally, COPS grants have helped our local law enforcement procure crime-fighting technologies that help officers more efficiently patrol our communities and added 30 school resources officers to improve safety in our schools.

The COPS Improvements Act of 2009 will help us build on those accomplishments through the following key provisions:

* Invests $1.25 billion per year to hire an estimated 50,000 officers nationwide over the next five years;
* Authorizes $350 million per year for Technology Grants to develop, implement, and train officers in new crime-fighting technologies;

The grants are full of strings binding our local police departments under the control of the federal government. Fire everyone who applies for these grants AND THEIR BOSSES. The grants will help hire officers and when the grants run out the local municipalities are on their own to pay for the officers hired during this time. They did exactly this same thing before.

Quote:
* Establishes $200 million per year for the Community Prosecutors Program to support local prosecutors;
Since when did we need "Community Prosecutors?" These are probably not even Constitutional. Where is the money for the "Community Public Defenders" programs?
Quote:
* Supports the implementation of innovative programs to reduce and prevent the manufacture, distribution, and use of illegal drugs; and
Yeah, yeah, yeah, right.
Quote:
* Creates new Troops-to-Cops grants to help hire former members of the Armed Forces as career law enforcement officers.
Here's the one I wanted to point out above all others. Some of you may remember me complaining about this on the original Times board. Isn't this wonderful? You wondered why the attitudes of local police had changed and buzz cuts were so popular among the officers? You wondered why police brutality sky rocketed? These are soldiers who are trained to kill and destroy who are going to be given first choice at law enforcement jobs and then turned loose on our own sons and daughters? Who will protect US from these "protectors?"

"hire former members of the Armed Forces as career law enforcement officers"

Quote:
I am very proud of Northwest Indiana’s law enforcement officers and am pleased to provide them with these new resources so that they may continue to keep our community safe.

Sincerely,
Congressman Pete Visclosky
Pete Visclosky
Member of Congress

Pete, I suggest you read this legislation and realize what you are doing TO and not FOR the people of NW Indiana. You're either for US or against US. There is no middle ground here.

Quote:
Contact

Washington Office
2256 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington D.C. 20515
Phone (202) 225-2461
Fax (202) 225-2493

Northwest Indiana Office
7895 Broadway, Suite A
Merrillville, Indiana 46410
Phone (219) 795-1844 or
(888) 423-PETE
Fax (219) 795-1850

I have offices in Washington, D.C., and in Northwest Indiana to serve you. Please feel free to contact me at any of the above locations by mail or by phone. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about government services or legislative issues that are important to you.

When you contact me, please try to be as specific as possible about the issue you are concerned with. If you know the specific bill number, or the name of the government agency with which you seek assistance, include it. Also, be sure that you clearly identify yourself. It is impossible for me to respond to letters without return addresses or legible signatures. Please include your complete mailing address on both the envelope and letter. I look forward to hearing from you.

To send me an e-mail message, just visit the Write Your Representative Web page set up by the House of Representatives. Please note that I can only respond to messages from residents of Indiana's First Congressional District.

Post subject: Re: Pete Visclosky, WTF are you doing???
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm 

Not dead yet I see... I guess not even too sick to be on the computer doing nothing but bitching about life and America when your's is almost over.. What a shame! :smt006

Last edited by Proud Pig on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
Hot dead yet I see (Not)
to sick (too)

Ah yes..A true internet troll with no education.

Typical.

Hit the road, punk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:16 pm 

USMarine wrote:
Proud Pig wrote:
Hot dead yet I see (Not)
to sick (too)

Ah yes..A true internet troll with no education.

Typical.

Hit the road, punk.

On stage tonight, we have an encore performance. Without further ado, may I introduce:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:34 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
Hot dead yet I see... I guess not even to sick to be on the computer doing nothing but bitching about life and America when your's is almost over.. What a shame! :smt006

Do you do everything wrong?

subtitle: Why you aren't a real cop:

trailer: Guess you'll be stuck at the mall the rest of your life. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Last edited by Screech on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 pm 

ACT I: PROBLEM DRIVEN LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm 

A policeman's job is only easy in a police state.

Thanks for making their jobs that much easier Pete "NWO" Visclosky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm 

Ahhh yes, if only I could be as smart as you idiots! I'll tell you two things, I wouldn't be a cop and I wouldn't waste even two seconds on this board! So you might just have something there!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 pm 

Proud Pig wrote:
Ahhh yes, if only I could be as smart as you idiots! I'll tell you two things, I wouldn't be a cop and I wouldn't waste even two seconds on this board! So you might just have something there!

But........then again I may be the only one with a job these days! Keep that $$ rolling in.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:36 am 

Proud Pig wrote:
Proud Pig wrote:

But........then again I may be the only one with a job these days! Keep that $$ rolling in.

:smt075

Ahhh yes, that's the best you've got. I'll tell you two things, I don't believe you are a real cop, and I don't find communicating with people in a social setting a waste of time. You've proven your problems right there.

But.........then again, I'll bet I'm better off financially than you are.

:smt005