Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Discussion board losing it's appeal as public forum?
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 am 

Not like the old boards where discussions were many and often quite deep. Anyone else notice the change?

Post subject: Re: Discussion board losing it's appeal as public forum?
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:24 am 

maddmaxx2 wrote:
Not like the old boards where discussions were many and often quite deep. Anyone else notice the change?

That's why so many posters left. This board has become a refuge for bigots to spew their hate. Several posters here, most notably USMarine and Born Again have been allowed to spam this board with cartoon pictures,harassing posts and hateful bs. The "Typical" thread would not be allowed on any well moderated board in the country.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 am 

sparks wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

That's why so many posters left. This board has become a refuge for bigots to spew their hate. Several posters here, most notably USMarine and Born Again have been allowed to spam this board with cartoon pictures,harassing posts and hateful bs. The "Typical" thread would not be allowed on any well moderated board in the country.

And if you go to the other board, and "wade" through the 10 (on a good day) posts, you encounter the same boring drivel about how "I love Barack Obama more than you do" or "George Bush made me max out my credit cards", or (and one of my favorites) "Do you have a link to that statement". This board kicks the other boards ass by almost a three to one posting ratio, every day. Maybe if they changed the name to "The Mutual Admiration Society", it might attract more people. Even Short Stroke posts here more than there.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:50 pm 
Banned

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

And if you go to the other board, and "wade" through the 10 (on a good day) posts, you encounter the same boring drivel about how "I love Barack Obama more than you do" or "George Bush made me max out my credit cards", or (and one of my favorites) "Do you have a link to that statement". This board kicks the other boards ass by almost a three to one posting ratio, every day. Maybe if they changed the name to "The Mutual Admiration Society", it might attract more people. Even Short Stroke posts here more than there.

The fatmans guilty white liberal blowjob club is a joke. That's why squirts and oldlyingturd540 are HERE, PERIOD!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:40 pm 

sparks wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

I guess the "Typical" thread is what makes US unique. As long as you are a fan, I will post there too.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:15 pm 
Banned

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

I guess the "Typical" thread is what makes US unique. As long as you are a fan, I will post there too.

Free speech is the enemy of the liberal. When this complete and total jag off uses the term "well moderated"...he means one thing and one thing only.....a board where only politically correct, liberal opinion is allowed to pass uncensored. A board where opinion can be posted which is in any way offensive to liberal candy-asses.....is of course.....not well moderated.
Ironically, if this board was moderated in the way which jagoff clamors for......he'd be gone.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 pm 

censorthis wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

Free speech is the enemy of the liberal. When this complete and total jag off uses the term "well moderated"...he means one thing and one thing only.....a board where only politically correct, liberal opinion is allowed to pass uncensored. A board where opinion can be posted which is in any way offensive to liberal candy-asses.....is of course.....not well moderated.
Ironically, if this board was moderated in the way which jagoff clamors for......he'd be gone.

Ain't that the truth....... :smt006

You certainly have a way with words, censorthis.

Crack me up..!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:43 pm 

I frequest both boards. Just don't see many Porter County threads like in the old days.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

So this troll is on this board insulting the Admin?

That's about as smart as someone saying they don't like what goes on in my home, and the only way to fix it is to let them become the dictator of my home to make the changes they feel are necessary. How stupid! Know what I would do about that? Burn 'em and beat as they come in, and shoot 'em in the ass on their way out the door.

:violent3: :violent1: :smt067 :smt068 :smt071 :smt070

:smt098 :smt097 With smilies like this available, I would say this Admin agrees. :smt098 :smt097

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:25 pm 

maddmaxx2 wrote:

Yes.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:06 pm 
Banned

freetime wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

Yes.

Did you prefer to get hammered literally minute after minute, day after day by cretins, slobs, and losers like markh/mhc, artie, oracle, and others? Wow.......A LOT of the people here now on this board were the ones who defended you and your right to post in the face of those relentless attack dogs and lowlifes who...in the case of markh/mhc...were literally obsessed with you. There was NO discussion. There was you posting and you being attacked, period.
I can believe you would miss that.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:20 pm 

censorthis wrote:
freetime wrote:
maddmaxx2 wrote:

Yes.

Did you prefer to get hammered literally minute after minute, day after day by cretins, slobs, and losers like markh/mhc, artie, oracle, and others? Wow.......A LOT of the people here now on this board were the ones who defended you and your right to post in the face of those relentless attack dogs and lowlifes who...in the case of markh/mhc...were literally obsessed with you. There was NO discussion. There was you posting and you being attacked, period.
I can believe you would miss that.

I could be wrong, but I think maxx might be referring to the old nwitimes board.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:57 pm 

Have you ever thought that a lot of the posters were at their jobs that they no longer have and that's the problem.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:21 pm 

I have noticed Maxx.
I come, I read but don't usually post.
I don't find a lot of topics that interest me in posting.
And some of the people I just don't like.
But spring is here, and I think that a lot of
people are outside. Or some may have gone
on vacation.
Will be nice when the people come back and the
postings comes back. Even if I just lurk.

maddmaxx2 wrote:

When the government fears the People, that is Liberty.
When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."
~ Thomas Jefferson
HOW TO FIX 2011 - REPEAT 1776

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:22 pm 

sparkles wrote:

You must really consider the circus
'Cause it just might be your kind of zoo
I can't think of a place that's more perfect
For a person as perfect as you