Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: GARY MEMORIAL CELEBRATION SET FOR MICHAEL JACKSON
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
Gary spends a bundle on this circus for a sick twisted drug addled freak but doesn't have the money for garbage collection...

Yes it is true Michael was strange and appeared to be addicted to drugs but he was undeniably very talented as well as Gary's most famous former resident. I attended the memorial service and found it be very entertaining. Most of the talent were local students and not paid performers. Gary is a very impoverished city that has fallen on hard times but in this case I think the money spent provided some positive worldwide attention to the city and brought some joy to a local population that certainly could use some joy in their lives. The event was well attended and provided some positive economic stimulus in the community as well as a source of pride and recognition for it’s residents. Kudos to the city for putting on a quality event.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:49 pm 

Monkey Man wrote:
Moby Grape wrote:
Gary spends a bundle on this circus for a sick twisted drug addled freak but doesn't have the money for garbage collection...

Yes it is true Michael was strange and appeared to be addicted to drugs but he was undeniably very talented as well as Gary's most famous former resident. I attended the memorial service and found it be very entertaining. Most of the talent were local students and not paid performers. Gary is a very impoverished city that has fallen on hard times but in this case I think the money spent provided some positive worldwide attention to the city and brought some joy to a local population that certainly could use some joy in their lives. The event was well attended and provided some positive economic stimulus in the community as well as a source of pride and recognition for it’s residents. Kudos to the city for putting on a quality event.

I had mixed feelings about Gary spending any money on a memorial. I thought the idea of it was fine. Seeing how Gary is broke, I thought maybe the Jacksons could help out with the cost of the memorial?
But I'm glad to hear it was nice and I've heard of no trouble either.
You are right. All and all, a positive for the city.
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:21 pm 

A video has recently been circulating on the internet of the incident where Michael's hair caught on fire while filming a pepsi commercial. Here is a link form you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01TvbsTE-ZE

It appears that when he realized that his hair was on fire he tried to spin around really fast to make the flames go out. Ouch!

It is my understanding that his addiction to pain killers and his obsession with plastic surgery started from this incident.

RIP