Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:54 pm 

Quote:
Charges in Hyde Park man's Christmas Eve slaying
Chicago Tribune

Authorities have charged a Joliet man on parole for murder with the slaying of a 79-year-old Hyde Park resident who Thursday afternoon had just left a fast-food restaurant where he picked up chicken for a Christmas Eve party.

Police say Lee Cration, 48, waited for Ralph Elliott to leave a a Popeye's restaurant, then came up to him as he tried to get in his car. Cration allegedly struggled with Elliott, then shot him in the face and back. He rummaged through Elliott's pockets before fleeing, police said.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009 ... rhood.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:25 am 

Quote:
Soldier on Leave Killed in Baltimore
Baltimore Sun

A Soldier on leave from Afghanistan was shot and killed in Baltimore while on the way back from a grocery store with his wife Sunday, according to police.

Clifford Jamar Williams, 22, a private stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C., and his wife were returning from a grocery store when a gunman approached their vehicle and fired several rounds into the driver's side of his 2004 Acura SUV, according to Anthony Guglielmi, the Police Department's chief spokesman.

Police had no suspects or a motive in the shooting. Williams enlisted in the Army in February 2008 and was deployed in April to Afghanistan, where he performed maintenance on planes, an Army spokesman told the Associated Press. He had taken 15 days of leave to go home for the holidays.

"It's a very, very sad case," said Lt. Col. Nathan M. Banks, an Army spokesman. "We always expect to be killed over there. When we come home to American soil, this is rare."

Williams was shot in the upper body and continued driving until he stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road, not far from his home. Police located the vehicle in the 600 block of S. Wickham St., in the Southwest Baltimore neighborhood of Beechfield.

He was taken to St. Agnes Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:30 a.m. Monday. His wife, who was unharmed, was cooperating with investigators, Guglielmi said.

It was not clear what, if anything, provoked the shooting, and police were working to determine the precise location of the crime scene, made difficult by the heavy snow accumulation.

Williams was to have turned 23 years old on Dec. 26, and his deployment would have ended in April.

http://m.military.com/news/article/sold ... tories.RSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:52 am 

Quote:
Body of 11-year-old Salisbury girl found near Delaware border
Baltimore Sun by Michael Dresser

SALISBURY — - The body of a kidnapped 11-year-old girl was found Christmas Day after a search that brought about 3,000 volunteers out to comb the muddy fields and woods of Wicomico County, law enforcement officials said.

Police say Sarah Haley Foxwell had been taken Tuesday night from her bedroom by a registered sex offender who has been held in her abduction for the past three days.

The girl's body was discovered about 4 p.m. in the Rum Ridge area of northern Wicomico about three-quarters of a mile south of the Maryland- Delaware state line, an area that had been a focus of the search.

Wicomico Sheriff Mike Lewis said no additional charges have been brought against Thomas James Leggs Jr., the sex offender who had been charged with kidnapping the girl. But he described the death as a murder.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091225/ap_ ... G9yaWVzBHN

If there ever was a time to invoke the death penalty this is one of them...AND SWIFTLY...and I don't give a damn if this stops the next wacko or not but it WOULD HAVE stopped this one had he been properly sentenced and punished the first time he did this.

However,.... the governor of BIG BLUE STATE Maryland wants to abolish the death penalty (look at the voting constituents of this state)...

but GUESS WHAT?... aborting innocent babies is ok with him. ..

Knowing THAT,...and the way dumbocrats,... LOVE to coddle criminals (they can vote)...does anyone HONESTLY believe Sarah will find any real justice here?

And ONE MORE THING!...once obamas health care nightmare drains money from so many other entities of state government, you WILL undoubtedly start seeing budgets for prisons cut...and I MEAN BIG TIME.... which translates into shorter sentences for animals like this one!

How DEMOCRATS can sleep at night is anyones guess....

May this poor innocent little kid RIP...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:35 am 

Edge is a bit of a dim bulb and completely off topic.

This is a thread for holiday suicides, start at the first post and read.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:44 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
Quote:
Salvation Army major shot dead in front of 3 children
Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock, AR)

A Salvation Army major was fatally shot in front of his three children Thursday afternoon as he walked into the the organization's community center in North Little Rock, authorities said.

Around 4 p.m., two black men dressed in black approached Philip Wise, 40, of Maumelle outside the community center at 1505 W. 18th St., Pulaski County Coroner Garland Camper said.

Wise’ children — ages 4, 6, and 8 — were walking with him when the men came up to them, police said. His wife, Cindy, also a major in the Salvation Army, was inside the center at the time and called 911.

One of the men pulled a gun, demanded money and then shot Wise, police said

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2009 ... -children/

Police are asking for help...

you really think the people in THIS neighborhood will snitch?

Wow, Moby is making posts on Christmas about a tragic murder that occurred hundreds of miles away instead of spending time with his loved ones. How lame is that? I for one am giving thanks that I don't have a life like that. I pity you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:10 am 

sparks wrote:
Wow, Moby is making posts on Christmas about a tragic murder that occurred hundreds of miles away instead of spending time with his loved ones. How lame is that? I for one am giving thanks that I don't have a life like that. I pity you.

I don't need pity from you sparks...the family of Salvation Army Major who was gunned down by black thugs in front of his kids on Christmas Eve do...

it's kinda why I posted it... I was hoping that people who saw this thought of this family and might want to help....we see every day what the Salvation Army does for others, I saw it first hand during my stint in the military.....

Helping your fellow man...especially this one right?....one who made his life of helping people only to be murdered in cold blood by those he devoted his time to.

but we all plainly see how you reacted to it.....do you enjoy making an ass out of yourself everyday?

Hey...I have a grand idea how you might redeem yourself...why don't you send this family a donation in the same amount you sent the Ft Hood victims after you mocked how much Sarah Palin donated.....you remember?....

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
the royalties for that day will amount to chump change.

How much did you donate to the victims' families, schprickles?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7820&hilit=chump&start=15

since you never bothered to tell us how much you donated maybe you can now....and since I have your attention maybe you can finally give us an answer to this one too.

sparks wrote:
As he should be. He is a private businessman who invested his own money to build his business. He pays taxes and is now faced with competition from a business that is given free land, pays no property taxes and is going to receive millions of dollars of taxpayer support. I guess in your world, that's OK.

tell us jerkwad....how is that any different from obamacare?

Last edited by Moby Grape on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:19 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:

I don't need pity from you sparks...the family of Salvation Army Major who was gunned down by black thugs in front of his kids on Christmas Eve do...

it's kinda why I posted it... I was hoping to get some help for his family.

Helping your fellow man...especially this one right?....one who made his life of helping people only to be murdered in cold blood by those he devoted his time to.

Hey...I have a great idea...why don't you send this family a donation in the same amount of money you sent the Ft Hood victims after you mocked how much Sarah Palin donated.....you remember?....you were to big of coward then to answer.

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
the royalties for that day will amount to chump change.

How much did you donate to the victims' families, schprickles?

http://www.northwestindiana.com/discuss ... p&start=15

and since I have your attention maybe you can answer this too...

sparks wrote:
As he should be. He is a private businessman who invested his own money to build his business. He pays taxes and is now faced with competition from a business that is given free land, pays no property taxes and is going to receive millions of dollars of taxpayer support. I guess in your world, that's OK.

Hey dumbass, progressives deal with the problems our country is facing by dealing with the causes of poverty instead of dealing with the symptoms. There are plenty of local charities that I donate my time and money to. Maybe if you spent less time spewing hate on the internet, you could become a positive force in this world instead of continuing to be bitter,lonely old man.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 am 

sparks wrote:
Hey dumbass, progressives deal with the problems our country is facing by dealing with the causes of poverty instead of dealing with the symptoms.

LOL!!!!!!...look at Detroit pal....there's a progressive city eh?...

throw money at the problem is what you call progressive....Hummers and Lexus sitting outside public housing....no thanks...

and try to answer these questions ok?...you brought them up...they are FROM YOUR THREADS.

and how much did you donate to Ft Hood after you mocked Sarah Palins donation?

and now we have a third...they're piling up sparks.

sparks wrote:
There are plenty of local charities that I donate my time and money to.

yeah?...name one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 am 

sparks wrote:
Hey dumbass, progressives deal with the problems our country is facing by dealing with the causes of poverty instead of dealing with the symptoms. There are plenty of local charities that I donate my time and money to. Maybe if you spent less time spewing hate on the internet, you could become a positive force in this world instead of continuing to be bitter,lonely old man.

The people you supposedly help are in the straits they are because of decisions they have made throughout their lifetimes. Perhaps you should let them know that life isn't so difficult if you put a little effort into it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:47 am 

LaughingAtLakeCo wrote:
sparks wrote:

The people you supposedly help are in the straits they are because of decisions they have made throughout their lifetimes. Perhaps you should let them know that life isn't so difficult if you put a little effort into it.

The hand that helps you up is really the hand that holds you down.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:26 am 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:
Hey dumbass, progressives deal with the problems our country is facing by dealing with the causes of poverty instead of dealing with the symptoms.

LOL!!!!!!...look at Detroit pal....there's a progressive city eh?...

throw money at the problem is what you call progressive....Hummers and Lexus sitting outside public housing....no thanks...

and try to answer these questions ok?...you brought them up...they are FROM YOUR THREADS.

and how much did you donate to Ft Hood after you mocked Sarah Palins donation?

and now we have a third...they're piling up sparks.

sparks wrote:
There are plenty of local charities that I donate my time and money to.

yeah?...name one.

still waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 pm 

United Way, Caring Place, the homeless shelter until it was shut down.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:57 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:33 pm 

P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:17 pm 

Man dressed as Santa kills family after opening presents

P.J. O'Rourke