Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Plans for Charlie's Ale House are "arrested" after crash?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:58 pm 

Why is it that the passengers always end up dying when some jackass like this downs a dozen drinks and gets behind the wheel of a car? Times must be pretty tough for Dennis Savard if this drunk is the best he can do for a business partner.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_db6a824e-5f52-5d2d-b777-d92ec99714d5.html
An Orland Park man who planned to open a Munster restaurant named for his business partner, hockey legend Denis Savard, has been charged with reckless homicide and aggravated driving under the influence.Nicholas Sord, 22, of the 10600 block of Churchill Drive, was charged after a crash at 4:20 a.m. Thursday, at 147th Street and Oak Park Avenue, in unincorporated Cook County, according to the Cook County sheriff's office.His passenger, Jessica Mejia, 20, of New Lenox, was killed in the crash.Sheriff's deputies said Sord's blood-alcohol concentration was 0.236 -- almost four times the legal limit.Sord was planning to go into business as a co-owner of Savard's Hall of Fame, a new restaurant slated to open in the closed Charlie's Ale House, on Calumet Avenue, in Munster.

Post subject: Re: Plans for Charlie's Ale House are "arrested" after crash?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:06 pm 

The 22 year old already owns 3 other restaurants. in addition to the restaurants his dad owns. I am willing to bet that Savard has little or no money into the venture like most sports restaurant endeavors.

The kid is a spoiled rich brat and am willing to bet he gets reduced charges as most spoiled rich brats do.

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:37 pm 

mattlap wrote:
The 22 year old already owns 3 other restaurants. in addition to the restaurants his dad owns. I am willing to bet that Savard has little or no money into the venture like most sports restaurant endeavors.

The kid is a spoiled rich brat and am willing to bet he gets reduced charges as most spoiled rich brats do.

His association with Savard hurts his chances of receiving reduced charges. There will be a considerable amount of media attention on this case. After seeing the owners of the E2 nightclub get sentenced to jail time for what was essentially a civil case, I'd be surprised if this guy isn't locked up for several years. In any case, the family won't be so rich after once all this is settled.A good defense against the homicide charge will run into 6 figures, plus the cost of the civil suit that Jessica Mejia's family will most certainly file.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:43 pm 

sparks wrote:
His association with Savard hurts his chances of receiving reduced charges. There will be a considerable amount of media attention on this case. After seeing the owners of the E2 nightclub get sentenced to jail time for what was essentially a civil case, I'd be surprised if this guy isn't locked up for several years. In any case, the family won't be so rich after once all this is settled.A good defense against the homicide charge will run into 6 figures, plus the cost of the civil suit that Jessica Mejia's family will most certainly file.
Hey Squats-to-Pee...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:30 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Hey Squats-to-Pee...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight!

You must have been reading the post that said you enjoy going to NASCAR races,getting drunk and servicing rednecks by the dozens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:51 am 

sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

You must have been reading the post that said you enjoy going to NASCAR races...
It's no secret that I attend NASCAR races, but Butterball, you never answered my question, " ...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am 

the money quote:
Quote:
Neither Sord nor Mejia was wearing a seat belt.

There is no doubt she would have survived if she had her belt on.
People that do not "buckle up" are morons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:28 pm 

edge540 wrote:
the money quote:
Quote:
Neither Sord nor Mejia was wearing a seat belt.

There is no doubt she would have survived if she had her belt on.
People that do not "buckle up" are morons.

Them and people who have an obama avatar, that aren't trying to be ironic.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:14 am 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
Hey Squats-to-Pee...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight! Are we going to get an answer, or do I have to post my real name first?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:00 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
Hey Squats-to-Pee...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight! Are we going to get an answer, or do I have to post my real name first?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:27 am 

LoisLane wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

As if you'd have the guts to attach your name to some of the hateful crap you've posted here! I have no intention of responding to every lie the trolls say about me.Here's a question for you. Why don't you GFY? It's not like anyone else would!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 am 

sparks wrote:
As if you'd have the guts to attach your name to some of the hateful crap you've posted here! I have no intention of responding to every lie the trolls say about me.Here's a question for you. Why don't you GFY? It's not like anyone else would!
So, Bloated Wonder, I guess that means you won't answer the question. Or did you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 am 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
So, Bloated Wonder, I guess that means you won't answer the question. Or did you?

His silent answer is the loudest of all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:46 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:
LoisLane wrote:

You must have been reading the post that said you enjoy going to NASCAR races...
It's no secret that I attend NASCAR races, but Butterball, you never answered my question, " ...didn't I read somewhere that you had a couple of DUI's? Please, set the record straight!"

Didn't I read somewhere that your nickname is Triple B?
Big mouth
Big ass
Bad attitude