Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hammond man arrested in domestic terrorist plot!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:13 am 

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_bd847d52-c4f2-5124-a059-22a1509685c0.html
A Hammond man from the Robertsdale neighborhood was arrested by the FBI and Homeland security early Sunday morning. His group was planning attacks on Arab-Americans. I have two things to say about this. I wonder if he was one of the bigots who post here? The second is YEAH Baby, arrest the pigs who spread hate in our country.

Post subject: Re: Hammond man arrested in domestic terrorist plot!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 am 

splorks wrote:
http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_bd847d52-c4f2-5124-a059-22a1509685c0.html
A Hammond man from the Robertsdale neighborhood was arrested by the FBI and Homeland security early Sunday morning. His group was planning attacks on Arab-Americans. I have two things to say about this. I wonder if he was one of the bigots who post here? The second is YEAH Baby, arrest the pigs who spread hate in our country.

LMAO...!!!!!!

The board's number 1 top hater of all time spews his lies yet again.... :smt005

Maybe splorks could point out where in the article it says anyone was planning attacks on Arab-Americans...?

Here it is in it's entirety;

Quote:
FBI raids tied to militia, guns
Agents make arrest in Illinois after swarming a house in Hammond

StoryDiscussionBy Mike Householder - Associated Press Writer | Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 12:05 am | No Comments Posted

Font Size:Default font sizeLarger font sizeADRIAN, Mich. | The FBI said Sunday that agents conducted weekend raids in Hammond, Michigan and Ohio and arrested at least three people, and a militia leader in Michigan said the target of at least one of the raids was a Christian militia group.

Federal warrants were sealed, but a federal law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said some of those arrested face gun charges and officials are pursuing other suspects.

FBI spokesman Scott Wilson in Cleveland said agents made an arrest in Clarendon Hills, Ill., on Sunday, a day after the raid of a home in Hammond's Robertsdale neighborhood. Agents also arrested two people Saturday after raids in two towns in Ohio, he said.

George Ponce, 18, who works at a pizzeria next door to the home raided about 7 p.m. in the 1900 block of Calumet Avenue in Hammond, said he and a few co-workers stepped outside for a break Saturday night and saw a swarm of law enforcement.

"I heard a yell, 'Get back inside!' and saw a squad member pointing a rifle at us," Ponce said. "They told us the bomb squad was going in, sweeping the house looking for bombs."

He said another agent was in the bushes near the house, and law enforcement vehicles were "all over." He estimated that agents took more than two dozen guns from the house. Hammond police said they were asked to handle traffic control on Calumet during the raid.

FBI spokeswoman Sandra Berchtold said there had been activity in two southeast Michigan counties near the Ohio state line. She wouldn't say whether they were tied to the raids in the other states.

Michael Lackomar, a spokesman for the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia, said one of his team leaders got a frantic phone call Saturday evening from members of Hutaree, a Christian militia group, who said their property in southeastern Michigan was being raided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

"They said they were under attack by the ATF and wanted a place to hide," Lackomar said. "My team leader said, 'No thanks.'"

The team leader was cooperating with the FBI on Sunday, Lackomar said. He said his group isn't affiliated with Hutaree, which states on its Web site to be "prepared to defend all those who belong to Christ and save those who aren't."

"We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ," Hutaree's Web site said. "Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

An e-mail sent to the group by The Associated Press wasn't returned Sunday, and phone numbers for the group's leadership were not immediately available. Berchtold, the FBI spokeswoman in Michigan, said she couldn't confirm if the raids were connected to Hutaree.

Lackomar said none of the raids focused on his group. Lackomar said about eight to 10 members of Hutaree trained with SMVM twice in the past three years. SMVM holds monthly training sessions focusing on survival training and shooting practice, Lackomar said.

In Michigan, police swarmed a rural, wooded property about 7 p.m. Saturday outside Adrian, about 70 miles southwest of Detroit, said Evelyn Reitz, who lives about a half-mile away. She said several police cars, with lights flashing, were still there Sunday evening, and 15 to 20 officers were stationed in the area.

Neighbor Jane Cattell said she came home from the movies Saturday night, and a helicopter was circling above, its spotlight illuminating her house. She and her sister, Sarah Holtz, wouldn't say who lived in the home but said they knew them from riding their horses past their house.

"They're your average, nice neighbors," Holtz said.

There were rumors about ties to a militia, but Holtz said she knew nothing of that from her interaction with them.

One of the raids in Ohio occurred at Bayshore Estates, a trailer park in Sandusky, a small city on Lake Erie between Toledo and Cleveland, park manager Terry Mills said. Authorities blocked off the street for about an hour Saturday night, he said.

"Needless to say, this has everyone talking," said Mills, 62. "We have a lot of retirees here who don't want all this commotion."

Mills said he didn't know the identity of the person arrested.

FBI agents in Ohio also made an arrest in Huron on Saturday night, Wilson said. No further information would be released until after they appeared in court Monday, he said.

Times staff and Associated Press writers Erin Gartner in Chicago, Rick Callahan in Indianapolis and Matt Leingang in Columbus, Ohio, contributed to this report

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/art ... 685c0.html

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 am 

sparks wrote:

What is your source? As I just posted in my thread about the storm troopers the indictments are sealed. There has been nothing made public that I'm aware of showing the group threatened anyone.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:18 am 

sparks wrote:

That's quite a cozy little town you have there, and this incident is just the sort of thing that will attract better educated families with higher earning potential.

I don't keep track of these things, so Spunk, I'll need your help: how many Arab-Americans have died as a result of these "groups"? This guy just may have been a gun enthusiast who couldn't keep his mouth shut....remind you of anyone we know?

Who knows if....and that's a big if....this guy and his "group" would've ever gotten around to even stiffing an Arab-owned restaurant on a bill. While you're sitting around waiting for atrocities like that to occur, I can say with virtual certainty that far more EC, Hammond, and Gary residents (especially the "diversity") will do a heckuva lot more killing than this guy and his "group" ever dreamed possible. School-aged cherubs will set each other on fire, young savages will kill the elderly so that they can ride around in their cars, single moms will get slapped around by their sperm donors, and the politicans you support will continue to bleed you of your tax dollars and ensure that your property values remain in the crapper.

Were you out measuring lawns in Munster while all this occurred?

Go Hammond!! This could be as big a flower in the cap of Hammond as the discovery of dead boys in David Maust's basement!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:56 am 

sparks wrote:

nobody can be this ignorant can they?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:46 pm 

Mirage wrote:
sparks wrote:

What is your source? As I just posted in my thread about the storm troopers the indictments are sealed. There has been nothing made public that I'm aware of showing the group threatened anyone.

This was the lead story on ABC7 news at 6 am this morning. The planned attacks on Arab-Americans was mentioned in the news cast. Several callers into WJOB this morning,including me, heard it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
sparks wrote:

nobody can be this ignorant can they?

Absolutely.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:49 pm 

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/art ... 4f7b5.html

What a bunch of f'ing freaks! They should all be put to death, and we call ourselves a civilized country. Explain to me first off how police officer's and their families have anything to do with politics and the decisions made by our politicians? Last time I checked cops pay property taxes also, in fact they pay property taxes and work for a wage that most would not. These people make me sick and this county should not tolerate this one bit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 am 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/article_78b445f4-430e-58b2-bcec-15dd2e04f7b5.html

What a bunch of f'ing freaks! They should all be put to death, and we call ourselves a civilized country. Explain to me first off how police officer's and their families have anything to do with politics and the decisions made by our politicians? Last time I checked cops pay property taxes also, in fact they pay property taxes and work for a wage that most would not. These people make me sick and this county should not tolerate this one bit.

As I said in my thread this story raises a lot of questions. We don't know how cops got to be the alleged target of their concern when it would make more sense to target politicos given their views, as you say. As for putting anyone to death we don't do that too much when nobody has died. But I have to hear the government's case before calling for heads to roll. They obviously weren't caught in the act of too much of anything other than having a few guns from published reports. At least I don't think they got caught with a bomb in their underpants. Kinda hard to deny evil intent if you're wearing the proof. :lol:

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:43 am 

sparks wrote:
I have two things to say about this.

whogivesashit...

go tell it to the other board....remember the other board sparks?

perhaps I can refresh your memory...

sparks wrote:
Time it takes to set up a new board-a few hours

Time it takes to invite good posters- a few days

Having a place where the trolls aren't welcome-

PRICELESS!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5441&p=68704&hilit=priceless&sid=27c908eb096fb7c794a52c7c312e31ee#p68704

So how are things going over there with those trolls sparks?...

after reading this last post of yours here I just know you are dazzling them all with your keen sense of insight and brilliant observations regarding how everyone else should live their lives they way you think they should.......

In fact I bet you're the Ace poster of that place...or you're a CLOSE second... right behind the homosexuals eh?

Do you recall telling us how great it is over there and that we were not welcome?....

so how's it going over there?

I'm only asking because I wouldn't know sparks....because you see,...I'm one of the ones that you didn't ask to join remember?...

Sp after all that I was just wondering why you continue to post here when you have all your intellectual equals over there?

you are still a member there arent' ya?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:50 am 

Hey Spunk,

Since you're a Junior Hammond Police Officer as well as a cop groupie, do you have any thoughts on the latest act of domestic terrorism that took place right under your nose in Hammond? A 20-year old woman was shot on your tree-lined streets. I think both she and the suspects are "diverse".

I know you were super-excited about the possibility of one of the "bigots" that post here possibly being involved in the FBI bust. Do you think a Lake County Dem....maybe even a hardcore McDermott supporter, could be involved in this latest feather in Hammond's cap?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:57 pm 

Hammond Indiana "Bette Chicago is so pristine,” she said, “and then you cross the border and think, ‘These people need some help here.’ ”

Can you believe they have the nerve to talk about Gary what a wretched place full of wretched people living in misery the people are slimy vile despicable & morally reprehensible the housing is deplorable pitiable homeless adults all over the once thriving downtown now home to teams of morally corrupt law firms that would snatch the bloomers off a widow of a veteran killed in Iran.

The misery and wretchedness of those slums is intolerable and the stress it causes on the people of that miserable place called Hammond Indiana grows daily I fear the state militia might have to be activated this summer the poor savages are very restless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:52 pm 

Mirage wrote:

As I said in my thread this story raises a lot of questions. We don't know how cops got to be the alleged target of their concern when it would make more sense to target politicos given their views, as you say. As for putting anyone to death we don't do that too much when nobody has died. But I have to hear the government's case before calling for heads to roll. They obviously weren't caught in the act of too much of anything other than having a few guns from published reports. At least I don't think they got caught with a bomb in their underpants. Kinda hard to deny evil intent if you're wearing the proof. :lol:

I guess I really don't know where you stand on this, but it sounds a little like you think these people are "ok". Maybe you need to look at this a little closer, because these people did not get arrested for "having a few guns" so wake up and smell the sh1t you are shoveling. No we don't put people to death and that is the problem! I don’t give a sh1t how “free” this country is, when you post sh1t on the internet that you want to kill innocent people and their families you should have two choices…#1 Get the fwck out of this great country, or #2 be hanged by the freaking neck. If I’ve misunderstood your response than I apologize, but this bleeding heart bull sh1t for people who are “expressing their freedoms” makes me sick.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
Mirage wrote:

I guess I really don't know where you stand on this, but it sounds a little like you think these people are "ok". Maybe you need to look at this a little closer, because these people did not get arrested for "having a few guns" so wake up and smell the sh1t you are shoveling. No we don't put people to death and that is the problem! I don’t give a sh1t how “free” this country is, when you post sh1t on the internet that you want to kill innocent people and their families you should have two choices…#1 Get the fwck out of this great country, or #2 be hanged by the freaking neck. If I’ve misunderstood your response than I apologize, but this bleeding heart bull sh1t for people who are “expressing their freedoms” makes me sick.

I'm glad to see we have some common ground here. As more information comes out, it sounds to me like these right wing terrorists are exactly where they belong, behind bars. The guy in Hammond had 47 guns in his apartment along with 13,000 rounds of ammo. Police had to wear hazmat suits to search the place because of all the feces that were on the floor.The steady diet of right-wing hate radio this guy listened turned him into an animal.Too bad Proud Pig doesn't post here anymore. He would have a field day with Mirage on this issue.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 pm 

sparks wrote:
I'm glad to see we have some common ground here. As more information comes out, it sounds to me like these right wing terrorists are exactly where they belong, behind bars. The guy in Hammond had 47 guns in his apartment along with 13,000 rounds of ammo. Police had to wear hazmat suits to search the place because of all the feces that were on the floor.The steady diet of right-wing hate radio this guy listened turned him into an animal.Too bad Proud Pig doesn't post here anymore. He would have a field day with Mirage on this issue.

We don't yet know what, if anything, this guy is guilty of, but owning 47 guns and 13,000 rounds of ammunition is not illegal in the least.

Barack Obama