Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Should tax protesters lose their government checks?
Yes, make them work 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
No, I like supporting people who won't work 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Portroit of an angry Teabagger.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am 

Just wanted to reply to some things that are said about people who "don't pay their fair share". I guess I'm one of those people. I'm married (both myself & my wife work) & have 4 kids. We received a refund. A larger refund this year because of the that tax cuts that were given to a lot of middle class people (& probably some of you). Despite the fact that some wanna say that President Obama raised taxes, factually that's not true.

Do I pay my fair share? I think I do. I get lots of deductions for my kids, day care, health care, travel expenses, etc. This allows me to get a refund. Everyone who receives a refund is not a drain on the rest of you. Some of us work & make decent $, but the tax credits we receive (which I believe were started under the Ragen administration) cut out some of my liability. So please stop demonizing those who you believe don't pay their "fair share".

Also, people are making such an issue of people not paying their fair share, but the real issue should be why are so many people unemployed or underemployed & don't pay any taxes. But that might be too difficult, so let's just demonize them instead. Are there people who take advantage of the system, yes. But lets not put everyone in the same box.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:33 am 

nickbeam wrote:
Just wanted to reply to some things that are said about people who "don't pay their fair share". I guess I'm one of those people. I'm married (both myself & my wife work) & have 4 kids. We received a refund. A larger refund this year because of the that tax cuts that were given to a lot of middle class people (& probably some of you). Despite the fact that some wanna say that President Obama raised taxes, factually that's not true.

Do I pay my fair share? I think I do. I get lots of deductions for my kids, day care, health care, travel expenses, etc. This allows me to get a refund. Everyone who receives a refund is not a drain on the rest of you. Some of us work & make decent $, but the tax credits we receive (which I believe were started under the Ragen administration) cut out some of my liability. So please stop demonizing those who you believe don't pay their "fair share".

Also, people are making such an issue of people not paying their fair share, but the real issue should be why are so many people unemployed or underemployed & don't pay any taxes. But that might be too difficult, so let's just demonize them instead. Are there people who take advantage of the system, yes. But lets not put everyone in the same box.

Actually, you are paying more than your fair share. By getting a ‘refund’, you are needlessly allowing the government to hold your money all year rather than keeping it to yourself, allowing you to invest it in whatever you choose. Your ‘refund’ is less than what you would have had you invested wisely and paid your taxes at the end of the year.
Don’t be like edge – he gets his tax refund every year and believes the government is ‘giving’ him something. When he bought his new stove, he thought Barry actually paid for it. It is that type of thought process that got Obama elected in the first place.

Barack Obama

Post subject: Chairman Mao and splorks enjoy teabagging
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:47 pm 

You have got to see this video.... :shock:

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdREEcx0-Qc&feature=player_embedded

Chicago Teacher on Tax Hike: ‘Give Up the Bucks’

by Publius

This is what the welfare state looks like. The formerly great state of Illinois, having thoroughly run its budget into the ground, is considering digging an even deeper hole by raising taxes. Exactly the shot in the arm the economy needs!

Of course, public sector unions are in full-throttle support of the tax grab. (No recession for those that live of taxpayers.) On Wednesday, a phalanx of public sector employees, including SEIU, Illinois Education Association, Illinois Federation of Teachers, AFSCME, and AFL-CIO, rallied in support of the tax hike in the capital, Springfield.

This public school teacher, who was likely given the day off to attend the rally, left no doubt about her reasons for supporting the tax hike.

Yes, this woman is responsible for educating some number of your children. Her chant goes to the heart of what’s wrong with our public school system…it is designed for the adults in the system, i.e. teachers and not the children.

The task at hand is even bigger than we feared.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/0 ... the-bucks/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:41 pm 

What the heck even IS a "fair share?" If you want to break down legitimate government functions and decide on how we raise that amount we are in general agreement. But I don't consider my "fair share" as being any form of taxation that goes to fund foreign countries outside of emergency disaster relief, which I gladly would make an exception for. Beyond that start a non-profit charity but don't confiscate my earnings to redistribute to people who don't like us all that much.

There are enough things the Federal government gets involved in that it also shouldn't be.

So what's actually fair about the current spending outside of defense and legitimate regulation of interstate commerce?

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:32 pm 

happy jack wrote:
[b]Actually, you are paying more than your fair share. By getting a ‘refund’, you are needlessly allowing the government to hold your money all year rather than keeping it to yourself, allowing you to invest it in whatever you choose. Your ‘refund’ is less than what you would have had you invested wisely and paid your taxes at the end of the year.

So you weren't taxed or refunded prior to January 2009? This is a new thing under Obama that never occurred under any other administration (especially a Republican administration)...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:21 am 

Set aside the issue of Federal income tax for the moment, what you fail to comprehend is that soon some folks will be getting extra payroll deductions to comply with Obama-care and that states will have to increase their taxes to make up for Federal cuts as "stimulus money" runs out. So it's a tax increase no matter what taxing unit takes the money from you. And this is before some of Obama's other proposals like cap & tax and increases on auto fuel taxes and home energy usage.

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:52 am 

The problem I have is the people that get back more than they paid in.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:11 am 

Chairman Mao wrote:
happy jack wrote:
Actually, you are paying more than your fair share. By getting a ‘refund’, you are needlessly allowing the government to hold your money all year rather than keeping it to yourself, allowing you to invest it in whatever you choose. Your ‘refund’ is less than what you would have had you invested wisely and paid your taxes at the end of the year.

So you weren't taxed or refunded prior to January 2009? This is a new thing under Obama that never occurred under any other administration (especially a Republican administration)...

Precisely when the hell did I say that?
Please be specific.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:03 am 

mrbsmom wrote:

That would be most people who live long enough to collect their Social Security checks for at least 4 years after retirement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am 
Banned

sparks wrote:
On page 4 of today's Post-Tribune, there is a story about yesterday's "Tea Party" rally in Crown Point. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the picture of Mary Ellen Slazyk holding a sign that says "FIX 2010,REPEAT 1776 ! It is quite an unflatterring photo,even for Mary Ellen. She has a snarl that matches the pit bulls she owns. I guess when she was making her sign, she forget about the fact that the government she is protesting pays her monthly for being disabled. If her dream came true, the checks would stop and she'd have to work like the rest of us. Here's the story from the Post. Check out the "comments". http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/2164964,new-lcteaparty0416.article

If her lazy butt can get out to protest then she should go get a job and contribute to society. I am tired of deadbeats.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:51 am 
Banned

Chairman Mao wrote:
happy jack wrote:
[b]Actually, you are paying more than your fair share. By getting a ‘refund’, you are needlessly allowing the government to hold your money all year rather than keeping it to yourself, allowing you to invest it in whatever you choose. Your ‘refund’ is less than what you would have had you invested wisely and paid your taxes at the end of the year.

Hey Mao/Truthinator...get your head in the game.
Jack is specifically advising to adjust withholding to more closely match actual tax liability.
His comments have absolutely nothing to do with politics. Get it??
For someone who just a short time ago pathetically implored us to "put politics aside".....you sure seem eager to interject politics into the most benign of subjects.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:55 am 

Tiger1 wrote:
mrbsmom wrote:

That would be most people who live long enough to collect their Social Security checks for at least 4 years after retirement.

Rumor has it Obama is gonna raise social security - then use death panels to make sure you don't collect it for very long. Solves 2 problems at once! :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:58 pm 

may1846 wrote:
sparks wrote:
On page 4 of today's Post-Tribune, there is a story about yesterday's "Tea Party" rally in Crown Point. I could not believe my eyes when I saw the picture of Mary Ellen Slazyk holding a sign that says "FIX 2010,REPEAT 1776 ! It is quite an unflatterring photo,even for Mary Ellen. She has a snarl that matches the pit bulls she owns. I guess when she was making her sign, she forget about the fact that the government she is protesting pays her monthly for being disabled. If her dream came true, the checks would stop and she'd have to work like the rest of us. Here's the story from the Post. Check out the "comments". http://www.post-trib.com/news/lake/2164964,new-lcteaparty0416.article

If her lazy butt can get out to protest then she should go get a job and contribute to society. I am tired of deadbeats.

Well, May1846, the taxpayers are quite tired of supporting government leeches like you, who are too stupid and lazy to get a private sector job.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Chairman Mao wrote:
happy jack wrote:

Precisely when the hell did I say that?
Please be specific.

I was just asking. Nick says he got a refund and you're all like "Blah blah blah, Obama, Edge, washing machine, government, taxes, blah, blah, blah". You're foaming at the mouth to stick it to Obama, and you're desperate to do it at any angle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm 

Chairman Mao wrote:
... and you're all like "Blah blah blah, ... government, taxes, blah, blah, blah". You're foaming at the mouth to stick it to Obama, and you're desperate to do it at any angle.

I don't know about you, but I have a difficult time separating government from taxes.
Incidentally, you should probably brush the flea and tick powder out of your eyes before reading my posts - that way, you might actually understand what I am saying. Then, rather than simply fabricating things that I allegedly said, you might be able to come up with a response that is not based upon lies.
'kay?

Barack Obama

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next