Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Is it true about drug testing for poor relief & Food Stamps
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:02 pm 

I have been hearing that their will be drug test for applicants for poor relief is this true?

I have been a longtime proponent for this to be instituted.

If the government does implement this policy they should also consider problems that it will create . Like more people moving into apartments units than is legally allowable for occupancy therefore I suggest to all watchdogs / advocates of this board to be very aware of family dwellings and apartment units that house large numbers of people and get your cities and towns to enact legislation and enforce occupancy rules.

Talk with you local building commissioner head them off at the pass as they said in the wild wild west.

It's already happening here in Gary and I know of a couple of places it's happening in Crown Point Indiana.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed !

Prepare yourselves you may see your quiet neck of the woods being invaded by many who can't pass a drug test moving back into your neck of the woods into their parents houses with all their children .

Don't fool yourself your neighbors all lie about how well their children are doing. When you see hundreds of unruly children and the calm is no more it will be to late.

Post subject: Re: Is it true about drug testing for poor relief & Food Stamps
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:14 pm 

at last we agree 8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm 

I LOATHE this idea.
I think this widespread testing violates the constitutional right to privacy.
And tell me something-why is it I always hear of this for poor people, but I never hear it proposed for all elected officials?
Let's be honest-some of them have GOT to be high!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm 

freetime wrote:
I LOATHE this idea.
And tell me something-why is it I always hear of this for poor people, but I never hear it proposed for all elected officials?

I am against most drug testing on principle, but if we allow the productive among us to be tested in order to allow them to continue being productive, i.e., to hold jobs, then I would think that the same people who are OK with that should be OK with drug testing the non-productive among us, the ones who wish to live off of the labor of the productive ones.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:39 pm 

I'm actually against drug testing for most people. It's an invasion of privacy.

But I get double pissed off when poor people are targeted because they are poor.

Let's just turn back the clock and erase this drug testing of innocent people altogether, shall we?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:12 pm 

freetime wrote:
I'm actually against drug testing for most people. It's an invasion of privacy.

But I get double pissed off when poor people are targeted because they are poor.

Let's just turn back the clock and erase this drug testing of innocent people altogether, shall we?

Well here is a big surprise... Hmm let’s see, I got my hand out because I'm a lazy piece of sh!t, but now I don't want to follow the rules. I got a better idea, let’s just do away with welfare (all forms) all together! You are a piece of work, "invasion of privacy", yet you are the one asking for help from the working class people! Get a fuking job like my 63 yrs old mother!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm 

freetime wrote:

They're not being targeted because they're poor.
If the people who support those who will not work are forced to undergo drug testing, then it's only fair that those who will not work undergo drug testing, too.
Doncha think?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:11 am 

In order to get a job at many places, you need to pass a drug test. I totally agree if you want a check every month, there should be random tests. The only problem I see is parents partying then losing their $$ - what happens to the kids?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:38 am 

happy jack wrote:
freetime wrote:

They're not being targeted because they're poor.
If the people who support those who will not work are forced to undergo drug testing, then it's only fair that those who will not work undergo drug testing, too.
Doncha think?

I agree.

Being poor is free, the welfare and the social security should come with the urine test.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:10 pm 

A poll on this might be interesting!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:51 pm 

happy jack wrote:
freetime wrote:
I LOATHE this idea.

I am against most drug testing on principle, but if we allow the productive among us to be tested in order to allow them to continue being productive, i.e., to hold jobs, then I would think that the same people who are OK with that should be OK with drug testing the non-productive among us, the ones who wish to live off of the labor of the productive ones.

I agree from the Mayor on down and all the Lake county council and police and fireman and doctors and nurses should all have to be tested by independent facilities.

Drug test all politicians !

Including the president!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:58 pm 

I have been random drug tested over 15 times in one year when I worked for the railroad.

There need be an independent facility that handles all random testing.

I was tested almost every month and twice in some months they say it was random but thats was a lie.

Some well know dopers were never tested because they supplied management with narcotics and prostitute's and supplied them with stolen goods at discount prices and worked on their homes and killed people for them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:14 pm 

Geronimo wrote:
Some well know dopers were never tested because they supplied management with narcotics and prostitute's and supplied them with stolen goods at discount prices and worked on their homes and killed people for them.

Sounds like a damned interesting workplace, Geronimo.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:05 pm 

I usually am against the idea of drug testing, but as is the case at most employers, its required, and I think if you are on welfare, food stamps, WIC, etc, the users should be drug screened at least once a month, since they are getting a free ride basically.

No one who is not using drugs will have any issue taking a drug screen, considering if they want to land a job, they more than likely will have to take one anyways

If they fail, they lose benefits, and if they have kids, well Foster care kicks in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm 

happy jack wrote:
Geronimo wrote:

Sounds like a damned interesting workplace, Geronimo.

That is why at the age of 38 I decided not to take an operation to fix my back and escaped that hell hole taking my 3 pensions!