Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: What happened to the Indiana death penalty?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:22 pm 

Two major murders in Lake County Indiana, one a double murder. Both convicted murderers only get life without parole. This simply means their pathetic life now will likely be better than their past and the taxpayers are supporting them! Now let me say this before it's brought up. I don't care what the families wanted, it's not up to the families to decide what punishment these people get. This is why we have the death penalty in Indiana! This entire country is beyond f’d up!

Image KILLER #1

Image Killer #2

Post subject: Re: What happened to the Indiana death penalty?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm 

The death penalty is expensive because of built-in appeals. I would personally prefer the death penalty. If the justice system was perfect, these people would be put to death this week - not languish on death row for decades. As long as they can never hurt another person, I don't care where they are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 am 

I can see why the state doesn't want the death penalty used,with the 2 decade long appeals process thats normal in the cases, but instead of life without parole, why don't they speed up the appeals process so they dont sit on death row for 2 decades?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:24 pm 

From an article in The Times I read a while back....it cost 400,000 to 600,000 extra to do a death penalty trial.

I am willing to pay extra taxes for death penalty cases!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:23 pm 

What the hell is the difference, these people were convicted of murder and given life.. I say we just say "psych, jokes on you good night"... I understand I already had my answer to the topic about what happened to the death penalty.. Yes I know all about the "expense" and the appeals process and even if convicted and given the death penalty they still live in prison for 20+ years! I was just putting it out there for conversation and to see if any bleeding heart idiots would dare to post. In reality the death penalty does not exist, it's a political feel good with nothing to support it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 pm 

Several years ago, I somehow got on the mailing list of an anti-death penalty group. Each time I got mail, I would try to go to their website to tell them to remove me. It was always "not available". Finally, after a few mailings, I tried and found the site. I sent them an email telling them my only objection to the death penalty was the too-long wait between conviction and execution. Never heard from them again!