Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Center Township GOP - Wise and Strong
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 am 

We are in total agreement about Dan Klein.

However, I reviewed Dave Uran's campaign contributions for 2009 which was not an election year. He raised about $100,000 largely from Crown Point city contractors. This seems to me similar to what Pastrick, Pabey, Scott King, and Rudy Clay do.

It is not what Sue Landske, Larry Blanchard, Elden Strong, Mark Schweitzer or the Center Township Boad members do. It is not what Jim Forsythe, Dick Collins, Jim Conlon, Jack Kemp, etc used to do.

I believe that pay-to play politics and kickbacks are preventing companies from coming to Northwest Indiana. There are plenty of locations that are fighting for companies that don't require kick-backs and pay-to play practices.

I have followed the Plasmatronics debacle closely which involves both the Klein Administration and the Uran administration. Klein loaned $380,000 to Plasmatronics under very questionable circumstances which the newspapers report are under FBI/grand jury investigation. Uran has already spent over $250,000 (Clerk-Treasurer Olson’s figures) on lawyers, who, according to his campaign contribution report for 2009, contribute to Uran's warchest.

I believe these practices of Uran, Pabey, Pastrick, Scott King and Rudy Clay are damaging the Northwest Indiana economy and preventing economic growth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:38 pm 

Public Oversight wrote:
We are in total agreement about Dan Klein.

However, I reviewed Dave Uran's campaign contributions for 2009 which was not an election year. He raised about $100,000 largely from Crown Point city contractors. This seems to me similar to what Pastrick, Pabey, Scott King, and Rudy Clay do.

It is not what Sue Landske, Larry Blanchard, Elden Strong, Mark Schweitzer or the Center Township Boad members do. It is not what Jim Forsythe, Dick Collins, Jim Conlon, Jack Kemp, etc used to do.

I believe that pay-to play politics and kickbacks are preventing companies from coming to Northwest Indiana. There are plenty of locations that are fighting for companies that don't require kick-backs and pay-to play practices.

I have followed the Plasmatronics debacle closely which involves both the Klein Administration and the Uran administration. Klein loaned $380,000 to Plasmatronics under very questionable circumstances which the newspapers report are under FBI/grand jury investigation. Uran has already spent over $250,000 (Clerk-Treasurer Olson’s figures) on lawyers, who, according to his campaign contribution report for 2009, contribute to Uran's warchest.

I believe these practices of Uran, Pabey, Pastrick, Scott King and Rudy Clay are damaging the Northwest Indiana economy and preventing economic growth.

Well first I will say I have never agreed with any type of "political campaign contribution" at any level! You want a job as a politician you get the job on your own with your own money. With this being said, I can't imagine that Uran's campaign contributions are any different than any other mayor, or mayor want to be. I also can't believe that if company "A" wants to move to Crown Point that they would be forced to give money to Uran's campaign fund or be unwelcomed or unable to come to Crown Point. I remember someone talking about Dawn Foods and suggesting they are a great company and that is why they are leaving Crown Point. This is not true! Dawn Foods came to Crown Point based on location and the big tax break they were getting. When those tax breaks ran out they decided to move and get another tax break somewhere else! Dawn Foods knows how to play the game, this does not make them a good company which is to good for Crown Point. Klein created Plasmatronics and others which cost the taxpayers a lot of money. Uran was forced to do something, unfortunately when you hire a lawyer you have to pay that lawyer a lot of money. The only other option was for Uran to go public and simply say, "sorry but the money is gone and we are not going to spend money to get nothing back". This would not have made the taxpayers happy either. This law firm may have given money to Uran, if so how much? Would this law firm have given money to the mayor regardless of who he / she is? I agree this is wrong, but not necessarily to blame on one individual politician, but the entire political system.

(It is not what Sue Landske, Larry Blanchard, Elden Strong, Mark Schweitzer or the Center Township Board members do. It is not what Jim Forsythe, Dick Collins, Jim Conlon, Jack Kemp, etc used to do.) These people did not win or take office by not taking money from people for their political war chest, so please don't suggest they did. Sue Landske is the biggest waste of space in the political race, but she will win because she's old and rides the fence. Sue Landske has not done sh!t for the people of Lake County, she is all about keeping her job and benefits by making people believe she is working for them, she is not. She may not be corrupt, but she is a politician and she doesn't do sh!t. Forsythe was the best mayor Crown Point ever saw, those days are gone!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:39 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:
Uran was forced to do something, unfortunately when you hire a lawyer you have to pay that lawyer a lot of money. The only other option was for Uran to go public and simply say, "sorry but the money is gone and we are not going to spend money to get nothing back".

That is totally incorrect.

Uran filed suit in June, 2008 against Plasmatronics. By December, 2008, Uran and his attorneys through the discovery process had Plasmatronics bank statements and cancelled checks.

In an additional lawsuit filed in December, 2008 against Moress LLC, the owner of the Plasmatronics building, Uran and his lawyers alleged in their sworn complaint that Plasmatronics spent $255,000 on the buildout of the Plasmatronics building.

However, Uran, Keith Stevens and city attorney Dave Nicholls went into the Plasmatronics building in April, 2008 right after Plasmatronics left and saw that there was minimal buildout. They appear to have made a misstatement under oath when they alleged $255,000 was spent on the buildout.

They should have called in the criminal authorities as soon as they saw the city's money was gone and there was no collateral. Furthermore, the money had not gone where the claims filed with Clerk-Treasurer Patti Olson stated (Times, February 25, 2009).

Instead, they ran up $250,000 to $300,000 in legal fees for their lawyers and the tab is still mounting. In my opinion, and the authorities' opinion, that is improper.

It appears that for their $250,000 to $300,000 in legal fees, they will recover just $10,000 ($3,000 from Plasmatronics and $7,000 from Moress LLC) - And none of the original $380,000 loan.

Last edited by Public Oversight on Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:45 pm 

The days of honesty and integrity, and economic growth, can return to Crown Point if we clean out the questionable practices of the current administration.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:28 pm 

Well this all may be true, however I still refuse to drop this onto Uran (keep in mind I have no love loss for any politician). This was a dirty Dan Klein deal from day one! Dan Klein and his group created this and Dan Klein gave away the taxpayers money, period. Bob Corbin is also to blame, but still is involved with making decisions spending taxpayer’s money, along with others. Uran may not be handling the collection or investigation the right way, but I do not blame him for the mess(s) our next State Rep Dan Klein made. I also don’t care who the current Mayor is, when you involve a lawyer it makes things that much worse! Any lawyer will milk the taxpayers for any amount of money they can.

Aside from Plasmatronics what else has Uran done that is comparable to Lake County Corruption north of Rt 30? (or at least the worst of it north of Rt. 30). I know that Uran also stopped additional money being spent on the Dan Klein golden arches, no credit for that? I guess I just hated and hate Dan Klein so much that I can't dislike Uran, at least not yet.

We can always agree however that the entire system is broke and needs desperately to be fixed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 pm 

Politician's R Liars wrote:

Aside from Plasmatronics what else has Uran done that is comparable to Lake County Corruption north of Rt 30? (or at least the worst of it north of Rt. 30). I know that Uran also stopped additional money being spent on the Dan Klein golden arches, no credit for that? I guess I just hated and hate Dan Klein so much that I can't dislike Uran, at least not yet.

As an example, Uran's policies on economic development are troubling.

1. His attempt to push through a 500 unit housing development that was alleged to be the project of a close friend and supporter ran into a buzzsaw of public opposition and was withdrawn.

2. Bo Jackson appears to be a rerun of Plasmatronics in that:
A) Greg Guerrettaz and his FSG Corp. are the prime financial advisers on the Bo Jackson project. Greg Guerrittaz did the due dilligence review of the Plasmatronics loan. I have read Guerrettaz' due dilligence review of the Plasmatronics project which runs 1.5 pages and felt it was not top quality work. B) Both Plasmatronics and Bo Jackson are billed as private/public partnerships, but no private investors want or wanted to put money into either, C) Both the Bo Jackson and Plasmatronics projects read like scams, D) Both Plasmatronics and Bo Jackson have a high probability of costing the taxpayers a great deal of money, while the public officials and their lawyers and consultants seem assured of making out like bandits.

Those practices seem similar to the practices of Pastrick, Pabey, Scott King and Rudy Clay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:26 pm 

And most importantly not a member of your favorite party.

:smt022

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 pm 

bella wrote:
And most importantly not a member of your favorite party.

I'm opposed to political corruption.

It is true that most or all of the Lake County politicians in the last 50 years that have gone to prison have been Democrats.

Center Township has been Republican for the past 50 years and there has never been a charge of corruption. Politicians such as Glen Corbin, Red Witten, Lou Ferrero or Eldon Strong have been above reproach.

But that is not true of Uran, Pastrick, Pabey, Scott King, Rudy Clay, Carol Ann Seaton, Frankie Kolintzas, etc.

However, the question that was being discussed was Uran's inability to bring credible economic development to Crown Point, while other parts of Indiana, like Tipton, are experiencing exceptional economic growth. Like Uran, Mayors Pabey and Rudy Clay have not brought major economic development to Lake County.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 pm 

Public Oversight wrote:
As an example, Uran's policies on economic development are troubling.

1. His attempt to push through a 500 unit housing development that was alleged to be the project of a close friend and supporter ran into a buzzsaw of public opposition and was withdrawn.

2. Bo Jackson appears to be a rerun of Plasmatronics in that:
A) Greg Guerrettaz and his FSG Corp. are the prime financial advisers on the Bo Jackson project. Greg Guerrittaz did the due dilligence review of the Plasmatronics loan. I have read Guerrettaz' due dilligence review of the Plasmatronics project which runs 1.5 pages and felt it was not top quality work. B) Both Plasmatronics and Bo Jackson are billed as private/public partnerships, but no private investors want or wanted to put money into either, C) Both the Bo Jackson and Plasmatronics projects read like scams, D) Both Plasmatronics and Bo Jackson have a high probability of costing the taxpayers a great deal of money, while the public officials and their lawyers and consultants seem assured of making out like bandits.

Those practices seem similar to the practices of Pastrick, Pabey, Scott King and Rudy Clay.

Ok, I agree with both and don't support either. I already knew of the Bo Jackson bit along with the tie with the financial advisor. I never agree with using taxpayer’s money to help a private business, etc. Crown Point does not need this anyway! I still think Crown Point is a great city and personally don't think it's doing all that bad, compared to many other towns and cities. I really don't agree at all with your continued comparison of Pastrick, Pabey, and especially Scott King and Rudy Clay. Those scumbags are unique and unique to the cities they are in. I’m not saying that level of corruption can’t move into Crown Point, but it is certainly not there now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 am 

If Uran doesn't want to grouped with pay-to-play politicians, he shouldn't engage in pay-to-play politics.

You know the old saying: If you lie down with dogs, you're likely to get up covered with dog poop.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm 

If Hank Adams can beat Carol Ann Seaton, can Lake County's other dishonest Politicians be far behind.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:08 am 

Elden Strong was reelected Center Township Trustee. Brian Bodamer, Bub Wise and Kate Webster were elected to the Township Board. They are all Republicans. Center Township will continue to be run efficiently and honestly as it has for over 50 years.

Carol Ann Seaton is the symbol of Lake County Democrat corruption.

Last edited by Public Oversight on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:46 am 

Good to see Center Township didn't fall for Randy Palmateer. As i stated once before on this board. It seems like the only purpose of his do nothing union official job is to get drunk with Democrat elected officials!