Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The One World Dollar - here already??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:06 am 

I had always thought the one world currency might be some sort of electronic credit system. And it well may be. But it now dawns on me with governments & banks failing all around the world and your tax dollars propping them up that perhaps it is our fiat dollars and electronic banking system, so I may be missing the forest for the trees.

If the euro fails then what? What currencies are actually sound anymore? Canada is pretty sound and backed by natural resources but there's no way it could absorb the world's debt. The Aussies have some value but again could never handle the load.

If whoever becomes the President in 2012 continues this trend towards shelling out tons of cash to foreign aid in addition to propping up the world's banking systems the only way the dollar can survive is if it's the last to survive and takes over the rest. While it makes sense on one hand seeing as we are the world's reserve currency at the moment it is also troubling. Eventually you would need to eliminate hard currency and switch to banking credits after all as an anti-fraud measure. Remember how they needed to change the design of the paper dollar as an anti-counterfeiting measure? Yet every time you bring a $20 to the store they mark it and study it in detail. Why? Because we still have bogus bills.

Apparently it's about cast preservation. We are no longer the United States of America. Today we are the Obama nation which causes desolation. When you think Obama & the Dems are saying they want fair taxes they really mean fare taxes for all.