Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Could Obama be the Anti-Christ?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:27 am 

Which 2? In case you overlooked it quite a few people have weighed in on this thread. :wink:

It again dawned on me after all these Obama references to Lincoln that it is believed that the Antichrist will suffer a mortal wound only to make a miraculous recovery. I wonder if Obama believes in reincarnation? :smt003

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:27 am 

I just heard this on Fox News. You gotta love the irony here!

Obama will be coming to the swearing in wearing bulletproof clothing, which is more common these days but certainly would have seemed miraculous even 50 years ago. He will also be riding in a Cadillac Escalade nicknamed "The Beast." :smt064

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am 

Mirage wrote:
I just heard this on Fox News. You gotta love the irony here!

Obama will be coming to the swearing in wearing bulletproof clothing, which is more common these days but certainly would have seemed miraculous even 50 years ago. He will also be riding in a Cadillac Escalade nicknamed "The Beast." :smt064

Quite fitting, I would say. More to come.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm 

BTW, in case you think I'm making this up - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01 ... tial-limo/

I did not realize that Obama will be the first to "ride the Beast." But considering that quite a few people are concerned about the possibility of Obama being the Antichrist you'd think the secret service might have come up with another name. Ya know? :smt044

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm 

Quote:
Jackie Mason: People Are Worshipping Obama More Than God
Newsbusters

People don't even worship God like they worship Barack Obama.

So said comedian Jackie Mason in his most-recent video blog just posted at YouTube.

But that's not all. According to Mason, "Mao Tse Tung wasn't so venerated and people weren't so fearful of disagreeing with him as the Congress of the United States including the Republicans who are afraid to disagree with anything he says or does because they'll be called a racist."

Mason also deliciously went after "a yenta like Hillary Clinton" for being completely unqualified to be Secretary of State, and Timothy Geithner, "a thief that never paid his income taxes [who's] now going to be in charge to make sure you pay your income tax."

Strap your seatbelts tightly, folks, for the video embedded below the fold addresses inconvenient truths Obama-loving media dare not:'

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... a-more-god

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 am 

I was watching a Christian prophesy series on CTN discussing the end times and why they didn't believe that the United States of America could possibly be Biblical Babylon, Babylon the Great, or Mystery Babylon. Here is why I think their categorical rejection is flawed. They seem fixated on 2 minor points. That Babylon is a distinct city and that Babylon has historic ties to the tower of Babel.

What was the tower of Babel anyway? Briefly, at that time everybody spoke one language. They built a great tower to the heavens, which arguably some claim had some reference to a religious structure and perhaps to gaze at the stars. But don't we do that now? Aside from NASA and all the things that come to us via satellite communications from the low heavens don't we even constantly ponder traveling to other planets? Also, I just posted a CNET reference about 2,500 languages in danger of being extinct very soon. And English is the scientific and diplomatic language of our day.

And as for it mentioning Babylon anything having to pertain to a city I wonder if there is any people group in the whole world that has not heard of Washington, which dispenses many of the laws and sets our foreign policy. Also you might even make the argument that the UN is still located in NY and that too could fit as a type of Babel, and that the passage that says Babylon the Great is fallen, is fallen does seem to fit pretty well with the Twin Towers and Port Authority.

Again I am making no dogmatic claims on these issues. But I do have to laugh at how quickly some dismiss the possibilities out of hand as though they believe the USA is somehow so blessed that it could never be connected to the base of power for the Antichrist - AKA the Beast of the Sea, which it would be from the perspective of someone writing 2,000+ years ago from the other side of the ocean.

Many of the Bible prophesies have already come to pass, such as have been referenced in commentaries about Daniel 11 and the king of the north/ king of the south passages. But some so-called scholars are still not even convinced of that! Even in my lifetime there were many who still thought those were future events yet to come.

It is my feeling that what many scholars believe has been a quiet period in Biblical prophesy has in reality been anything but silent and that we have been living through it all along. Maybe it's because they have been promoting these charts of events for so long that they don't wish to abandon them because it means that they really don't know everything after all and may haven gotten it wrong, as many before them had. Even this war with Muslim factions against the West was predicted, although it is getting so that any such discussion is considered religious prejudice and forbidden as a topic on many discussion boards. Funny how there is generally no such prohibition on anti-Christian discussions short of espoused criminal intent. ;)

One other thing of note I just wanted to toss out there is have you really considered some of the architecture in Washington, DC? Have you looked into the historical significance of some of the statues and structures? Some interesting secularly produced programs have caught my eye of late discussing them. I guess I'll have to start achieving some of them for future reference purposes, though granted some are a bit too conspiracy minded for me to much buy into such as in particular one segment on Free Masons having a vastly overstated role in the building of this country and their possible ultimate grand agenda of some type. But why does this matter? Everyone agrees that the US is a melting pot, perhaps a babel if you will, for the world. Along with that melting pot comes all the various beliefs and religions as well. In and of themselves Greek or Roman or whatever architecture is no big deal I suppose. That is, at least up to the point where we attempt to emulate those past cultures in certain ways and incorporate their morality and ideals into our own. I say at that point we at least need to question what the builders were trying to truly convey with these expressions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:20 am 

:(

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:08 am 

So what point were you trying to make?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 am 

Last edited by Screech on Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 am 

Who so ever shall seeketh the truth, shall find it. Behold, I knock on the door, sayeth the Lord.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:06 pm 

It dawns on me that a lot of people once thought it possible for Gorbachev (formerly of the USSR but lately seeming to be content touring the USA) could be the Gog written about in Ezekiel 38 & 39. Without spelling out the reasons for the moment there are 2 things to consider.

First, the claim was only that he "could be" and not dogmatically that this referred to him in particular. Second, of course, he isn't dead yet.

But this becomes very interesting because the Ezekiel war really cannot be too much into the future if it is to be at all. Also consider that lately Soviet politics seems poised for change again and who could say what may result from the untimely death or incapacitation of Vladimir Putin or should he maybe want to stay more the man behind the scenes with someone like a Gorbachev to be more the public figurehead leader.

Time will tell, of course. But the alliances are today set just as 3,500 years ago they were described they would be.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:14 pm 

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:36 am 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 pm 

You are quite correct that these are two separate advents. What got me thinking about this prophesy soon coming to pass was when Tiger quoted "Who so ever shall seeketh the truth, shall find it. Behold, I knock on the door, sayeth the Lord."

It got me thinking how both events, the war of Ezekiel and the revelation of the Antichrist, cannot be far away. I also feel that just after this Ezekiel war the Antichrist will swoop in with his proclaimed agenda of world peace. While not set in stone many believe the Ezekiel war will occur during a Jewish holiday that on our calendar comes between late Sept and early October. The table is already set for that day to occur whether this year or later. That being the case I would expect the Antichrist to already be in a position of power somewhere and ready to play out his role.

So in short, to answer your question because it means the time is really near now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:45 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next