Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: TYPICAL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 am 

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

LoisLane wrote:
Prosecutors: Stroger aide steered contacts after taking post

Just 10 days after Carla Oglesby started work as Cook County Board President Todd Stroger's deputy chief of staff, she completed the first in a series of schemes to steer taxpayer-funded contracts to herself and others who did no work for the money, prosecutors alleged Tuesday.

In charging Oglesby with felony theft, money laundering and official misconduct, prosecutors accused a second top Stroger aide of helping her rig a series of contracts to steal more than $300,000 in taxpayer funds.

Stroger had given Oglesby the authority to sign off on those contracts -- a power her predecessor did not have, prosecutors said.

"The information that we gathered was that this money was obviously being used not only to pay some of her business expenses, but also personal expenses as well," State's Attorney Anita Alvarez said in detailing the charges against Oglesby. "We have not been able to prove that any work was performed on those contracts."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 am 

Quote:
Three Gary residents charged in burglary of Merrillville home

MERRILLVILLE | Three Gary residents are accused of stealing a television, computer and Nintendo Wii video game system Friday from a home in the 6000 block of Maryland Street.

Donte R. Grice, 20, and Rashaad D. McNair, 22, were charged with burglary in Lake Criminal Court. A 17-year-old boy also was charged with burglary in Lake County Juvenile Court.

A witness contacted police after she said she saw a man run from the home with a television and flee the area with two other people in a blue car, police said.

Officers located the vehicle, which was occupied by Grice, McNair and the juvenile, on Interstate 65, police said.

The stolen items were recovered in the vehicle, police said.

With a name like Rashaad McNair, the guy has got to be Irish. Right?[/sarcasm]

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:32 pm 

check out this ''TYPICAL'' site

this guy does all the work for you!

All thugs are innocent until convicted in a court of law.

2010 Body Counts
L.A.: 208 Chicago: 342
NYC: 375 Baltimore: 160
St. Louis: 87 Philly: 233
DC: 88

About The Thug Report

http://thugreport.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 am 

Quote:
Obama's half brother in Kenya says he married teen

NAIROBI, Kenya – President Barack Obama's polygamist half brother in Kenya has married a woman who is more than 30 years younger than him.

The 19-year-old's mother told The Associated Press on Friday she is furious that her daughter quit high school and married the 52-year-old.

Mary Aoko Ouma says her daughter tried to marry Malik Obama two years ago, but the mother says she wouldn't give permission.

Malik Obama, who is Muslim, has two other wives. Polygamy is legal in Kenya if it falls under religious or cultural traditions.

In an interview broadcast by Kenya's NTV that was filmed without his knowledge, Malik Obama says he married the 19-year-old but didn't say when.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101015/ap_ ... _brother_1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:14 pm 

Quote:
A Zion man who police said was on parole and has an extensive criminal history -- including 39 prior arrests and 19 convictions -- has been charged with first-degree murder in the stabbing death of his live-in girlfriend.

Police said Trent Lee, 43, of the 2700 block of 29th Street, is accused of stabbing Nichelle McNeal, 43, multiple times in the neck and upper chest around 3 a.m. Thursday in an apartment in the 2900 block of Elim Avenue.

McNeal was taken to Vista East Medical Center in Waukegan, where she was pronounced dead at about 3:50 a.m.

Police said responding officers approached Lee, who fled on foot but who was taken into custody following a short foot chase and a physical struggle with officers that ended when police used a Taser to subdue him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:19 pm 

I wonder what happened here...

Quote:
The driver of an Audi has been charged with striking two Chicago police officers during a chase on the North Side.

Miguel Gonzalez, 24, of the 1000 block of West Balmoral Avenue, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault of a peace officer, aggravated fleeing of police causing injury, driving under the influence, carrying alcohol and driving the wrong way on a one-way street.

Police began chasing the red Audi Wednesday night because it matched the description of a car that had earlier tried to hit officers on bicycles, officials said.

Gonzalez fled, hitting two officers as pursuing police fired shots at the car, officials said. He was stopped near the 3900 block of North Marmora Avenue, police said.

Gonzalez is to appear in bond court today.
I knew it had to be more that running a red light...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:23 pm 

"...we don' need no stinkin' badges..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:24 pm 

OK, I'm finished...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 pm 

OK...let's review...Tea Party Candidates extol the virtues of the Constitution of the United States, and decreasing the amount of taxes . But when asked about the constitution Christine O'Donnell does not have a clue....
Quote:
O'Donnell criticized Democratic nominee Chris Coons' position that teaching creationism in public school would violate the First Amendment by promoting religious doctrine.
Coons said private and parochial schools are free to teach creationism but that "religious doctrine doesn't belong in our public schools."
"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked him.
When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O'Donnell asked: "You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?"

Quote:
O'Donnell also completely butchered the 17th Amendment in her remarks, saying at one point that the amendment gives the "state government" the ability to choose United States Senators. In fact, the 17th Amendment did exactly the opposite. When asked about other amendments, O'Donnell needed assistance from the moderator to answer questions on the 14th and 16th Amendments. O'Donnell should certainly know about the 16th Amendment, since it grants the federal government the power to tax incomes
SO THIS ONE IS A CLASSIC:

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:21 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
OK...let's review...Tea Party Candidates extol the virtues of the Constitution of the United States, and decreasing the amount of taxes . But when asked about the constitution Christine O'Donnell does not have a clue....
Quote:
O'Donnell criticized Democratic nominee Chris Coons' position that teaching creationism in public school would violate the First Amendment by promoting religious doctrine.
Coons said private and parochial schools are free to teach creationism but that "religious doctrine doesn't belong in our public schools."
"Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?" O'Donnell asked him.
When Coons responded that the First Amendment bars Congress from making laws respecting the establishment of religion, O'Donnell asked: "You're telling me that's in the First Amendment?"

Geez, slo-mo – constantly having to straighten you out is getting rather tiresome.
There is a vast difference between what actually occurred and the manner in which it was reported.
If you had heard the actual sound bite of this exchange, which I have, you would quickly realize that O’Donnell was responding to the false implication by Coons that the ‘separation of church and state’ is somewhere to be found in the First Amendment, which it very clearly is not. The media have spun it to make it appear that O’Donnell does not know what is in the First Amendment when, in fact, it is Coons himself who publicly proved his ignorance, although very few media outlets are reporting it. And when he was caught displaying his ignorance, he had to run for cover behind the moderator, because the big, mean Tea Party lady was picking on him.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/10/19/ch ... amendment/

Chris Coons can’t name the five freedoms in the First Amendment

By Michelle Malkin • October 19, 2010 12:57 PM

That’s right. Delaware Democratic Senate candidate Chris Coons can’t name the five freedoms in the First Amendment.
But all you’ll hear from the MSM today is that Christine O’Donnell — correctly — questioned Coons’ claim that the phrase “the separation of church and state” appears in the First Amendment.
Coons’ ignorance doesn’t fit the O’Donnell bashers’ narrative. So they’ll pretend this didn’t happen:
Read:
Delaware GOP Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell questioned on Tuesday whether the Constitution provides for the separation of church and state.
The comment came during a debate on WDEL radio with Democratic opponent Chris Coons, who argued that local schools should teach science rather than religion, at which point O’Donnell jumped in. “Where in the Constitution is the separation of church and state?” she asked.
The audience at Widener Law School was taken aback, with shouts of “whoa” and laughter coming from the crowd.
Coons then pointed to the First Amendment, which states: “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”
“You’re telling me the First Amendment does?” O’Donnell interrupted to ask.
Following the next question, Coons revisited the remark — likely thinking he had caught O’Donnell in a flub — saying, “I think you’ve just heard from my opponent in her asking ‘where is the separation of church and state’ show that she has a fundamental misunderstanding.”
“That’s in the First Amendment?” O’Donnell again asked.
“Yes,” Coons responded.
O’Donnell was later able to score some points of her own off the remark, revisiting the issue to ask Coons if he could identify the “five freedoms guaranteed in the First Amendment.”
Coons named the separation of church and state, but could not identify the others — the freedoms of speech, press, to assemble and petition — and asked that O’Donnell allow the moderators ask the questions.
“I guess he can’t,” O’Donnell said.
Yep, when he got caught with his own intellectual pants down, Coons runs to the moderators for cover.
It’s obvious from O’Donnell’s very specific challenge to Coons during the debate that she knows perfectly well about the establishment and free exercise of religion clauses in the First Amendment.
It’s obvious that Coons is not only unfamiliar with the rest of the First Amendment, but also that he is wholly unfamiliar with where the phrase “separation of church and state” originated.
And it’s obvious from the warped, gleeful spin on this exchange just how in the tank for Democrats the “objective” press — protected by our precious, poorly understood, and frquently squandered First Amendment — really is.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 pm 

Witness in Blagojevich trial accused of shoplifting

A prominent businessman in Chicago's Indian community and an appointee of Rod Blagojevich who testified at the former governor's trial faces a felony retail theft charge in connection with a shoplifting accusation at a Far North Side home repair store, police said tonight.

Rajinder Bedi, 58, was expected to appear Saturday in Cook County Central Bond Court after being arrested at the Home Depot at 6211 N. Lincoln Ave. about 1 p.m. today, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala.

A law enforcement source confirmed the arrested man had been involved in Blagojevich's trial.

Bedi testified in the trial that he was present when U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., D-Ill., and a supporter discussed fundraising and the congressman's interest in President Baraack Obama's U.S. Senate seat. Prosecutors said Bedi could testify he was present when the supporter told Jackson he would offer to raise $1 million in return for Blagojevich naming Jackson to the U.S. Senate, but the judge in the trial barred Bedi from testifying about that part of the meeting with Jackson.

Bedi, at the time a newspaper editor, was a prominent backer of Blagojevich and a member of his transition team when the ex-governor took office. Bedi also worked for the state under Blagojevich, including in the Department of Economic and Community Affairs at a salary of $115,000 yearly during Blagojevich's last year in office, 2008.

The former governor has referred to Bedi as "my Sikh warrior." Last year, Bedi resigned his state post after he was informed Gov. Pat Quinn planned to fire him.

Today, store security saw Bedi, of the 2500 block of West Lunt Avenue, taking some items from the store and detained him until police arrived and arrested him, Zala said.

Bedi is charged with stealing more than $150 worth of merchandise, but a police report on the case does not detail the items alleged to have been taken.

Bedi was being held in Chicago police custody until he is sent to Cook County Jail for his bond hearing, police said.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 pm 

Quote:
Copper thieves burn down City of Birmingham's Christmas tree

Published: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
By Joseph D. Bryant -- The Birmingham News

The Birmingham city Christmas tree burned early this morning as thieves attempted to strip it for copper. (Linda Stelter/The Birmingham News)

The Grinch may have stolen Christmas, but in Birmingham it was copper thieves who torched a Christmas tree in downtown's Linn Park.

Birmingham police are investigating the early morning incident where copper thieves took decorations off the holiday display and burned down the tree. Officials say the incident occurred around 4 a.m. Thieves took off the lights and used gasoline to separate the plastic from the copper, resulting in the apparent accidental tree torching.

Public works crews this morning took down the charred remains of the holiday display.

The 35-foot tall Norwegian Spruce came from North Carolina and won't be replaced.
Melvin Miller, city parks and recreation director, said this is the first time there has been any major damage to the display.

"It's not good. It kind of dampens the seasons, but we still know what this season is all about. It's not about a tree," Miller said. "This is the first time that has ever happened. We've had ornaments taken from the tree but nothing like this."

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/12/cop ... _tree.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:09 pm 

Moby Grape wrote:
More leftoid morons

Quote:
Duke lacrosse accuser holds press conference to defend herself
News and Observer [Raleigh,NC], by Stanley B. Chambers Jr.

With a motion bracelet strapped to her right ankle, Mangum, 31, held a press conference in front of a Savannah Avenue home this morning - where she is on house arrest - to defend herself against a February domestic violence arrest.

Mangum was arrested at her Lincoln Street home after police alleged that during an argument with her ex-boyfriend, she set the apartment on fire and tried to kill her now ex-boyfriend while her three young children and two Durham police officers were in the home.

“I don’t feel like I’m going to get the justice that I deserve through the judicial system and I feel this my only and last means to reach out to the public and let them know that I did not set a fire that night,” she said while sitting in front of Savannah Avenue residence, unable to even walk to the driveway. “To let the public know that I am being unfairly treated due to preconceived notions that people have about me concerning another case. I feel like enough is enough.”

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/30/ ... z0sMSKoDPR

This whore falsely accuses Whitey and gets caught prompting Jesse Jockstrap to reward her and put her through college...

how that is working out you pos?

this shakedown artist along the other ass hole Al should have paid for all the legal bills of those accused.

Duke lacrosse accuser convicted of child abuse

DURHAM, N.C. -- A woman who authorities said falsely accused three Duke University lacrosse players of rape four years ago has been found guilty by a North Carolina jury of misdemeanor child abuse and damaging property.

A Durham County jury on Friday convicted 32-year-old Crystal Mangum of contributing to child abuse or neglect, injury to personal property, and resisting a public officer stemming from a February confrontation with her live-in boyfriend. Mangum was sentenced to time already served before she was released on bail earlier this year.

The jury deadlocked 9-3 on a felony arson charge, and Superior Court Judge Abraham Jones declared a mistrial.

Police said Mangum piled her boyfriend's clothing into a bathtub and set it on fire while her three children and two police officers were inside the apartment.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 pm 

Quote:
Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) said he voted against the first responders bill because Republicans had threatened to vote against everything until tax cuts for the rich were extended.

Quote:
Sen. Sam Brownback (R-Kan.) also said he opposed moving forward on the bill because he wanted to get to tax cuts and the budget first.

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 am 

Quote:
Obama calls Eagles owner to congratulate him for signing Vick

Michael Vick has been getting support from all sides during his road to redemption. He's now getting it from the leader of the free world.

NBC's Peter King reports that Barack Obama called Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie earlier this week to congratulate him for giving Vick a second chance after his release from prison. According to King, the president said that released prisoners rarely receive a level playing field and that Vick's story could begin to change that.

For Obama to praise Vick now shows a number of things, namely that uttering the quarterback's name is thought to be a safe political move. He's playing the best football of his life for a playoff team and was the second-leading vote getter for the Pro Bowl. At the moment, he's the model of redemption, someone worthy of praise.

Because, if you think about it, Vick got that "second chance" from Lurie 16 months ago. There was no phone call from the president then. Praising Vick at that time would have been a political third rail. But now that Vick is playing great and most people seem to have either forgiven him or stopped caring about his transgressions, it's a shrewd political move. After what could be termed a rough two years in office, the president is looking for a second chance from the people who have turned against him over the past two years. Supporting a huge star like Vick could help with the president's recent image problems. It may not register much nationally, but it couldn't hurt in Pennsylvania. After all, it's a swing state and 2012 is just around the corner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 48  Next