Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: TYPICAL
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 am 

Hundreds of Chicago flood victims seeking to sign up for food assistance lined up early outside a food relief center this morning after "an overwhelming response" forced state officials to turn them away yesterday.

Yesterday's long lines prompted the Illinois Department of Human Services to hand out tickets and ask applicants to come back today. If today's early response is any indication, the agency may have to do the same thing again.

At 5 a.m., hundreds of people were sitting on chairs and under umbrellas at the application center at 4105 W. Chicago Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.

Other Chicago application centers are in Humboldt Park, Calumet Park, Roseland and Oakland.

To qualify for aid, a person must have had damage to their home or business, disaster-related expenses that were not reimbursed or a loss of income in the period July 22 through August 20.

"We know that thousands of families are in need of food assistance as of result of the July flooding and we are working hard to sign up as many people as we can as quickly as possible," said IDHS Acting Secretary Grace Hong Duffin on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:56 am 

Quote:

Thousands of flood victims were waiting in a line for food assistance that stretches across three blocks at an Illinois Department of Human Services office in Melrose Park.

"Oh my God, the line is crazy," said Marisol Argueta, 31, of Melrose Park, as she waited near the office at 2701 Lake Street in the west suburb. She began waiting at 7:30 a.m. but was still near the back of the line at 10:30.

"I would say it's going to be another four or five hours."
Dey don't look like day bees starvin'!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:20 am 

I understand from a few friends of mine whose house was under water that this is what the FEMA line in Munster looked like after the 08 floods.

I didn't realize that area of Munster was so ''diversified''.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:47 am 

A 2-year-old boy who was so severely abused that he had to be hospitalized most of his life is believed to have died of those injuries, officials said today.

Alexander Pearson Jr., who was born May 15, 2008, had been hospitalized since August 2008. He was pronounced dead at 7:20 a.m. Saturday in Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey, officials said.

An autopsy conducted Sunday on the child's body by the Cook County medical examiner's office was inconclusive. The final determination of the boy's cause and manner of death was "pending further studies," officials said.

Though the autopsy was inconclusive, officials from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services believe that the boy died because of the abuse he sustained earlier, said Kendall Marlowe, a spokesman for the agency.

Alexander had been living at the Children's Habilitation Center, 121 W. 154th St., Harvey, officials said. The facility is a long-term care hospital for infants and children, according to its Web site.

In August 2008, the boy's father, Alexander Pearson, 23, of the 100 block of West 110th Street, Chicago, was charged with aggravated battery of a child, attempted murder with intent to kill and aggravated domestic battery in the case.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 pm 

LoisLane wrote:

I'm tellin' ya - it's all about the hair.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:48 pm 

Maybe they will change the charges to include actual murder.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:54 pm 

ImageObama's aunt says US obligated to make her citizen

BOSTON – President Barack Obama's aunt, who lived for years illegally in Boston before being granted asylum in May, said the United States has an "obligation" to grant her citizenship.

"If I come as an immigrant, you have the obligation to make me a citizen," Zeituni Onyango told WBZ-TV in an interview that first aired Monday.

Onyango came to the U.S. from Kenya in 2000 and was denied asylum by an immigration judge in 2004. She was granted asylum earlier this year by the same judge who said she could be in danger if she returned to her homeland.

She said she had intended to return to Kenya but fell critically ill and was hospitalized. When she was discharged, she was penniless and lived in a homeless shelter for two years.

She told The Associated Press in an exclusive interview last December that she was paralyzed for more than three months because of an autoimmune disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome and had to learn to walk again.

"To me, America's dream became America's worst nightmare," she told the TV station in her first interview since being granted asylum.

It was after her illness, she said, that she was assigned public housing.

"I didn't ask for it; they gave it to me," she said.

She said she resented being used to attack her nephew, who has never intervened in her immigration case. "Don't drag my child into it," she said.

She said she feels as if she's been treated as "public enemy No. 1" since her residency status went public.

Onyango, the half sister of Obama's late father, still lives in public housing and collects $700 monthly disability. She doesn't work, but said she volunteers time at the Boys and Girls Club and with the Boston Housing Authority.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:31 pm 

I don't feel obligated at all!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:31 am 

LoisLane wrote:
still lives in public housing and collects $700 monthly disability. She doesn't work, but said she volunteers time at the Boys and Girls Club and with the Boston Housing Authority.

and has NEVER, ...EVER...paid a dime into the system.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 pm 

Quote:
Christine O'Donnell, the Republican nominee seeking Delaware's open Senate seat, said on Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect" in 1999: "I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven."
"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's a little blood there and stuff like that," she said.

Quote:
The reason that you don't tell [people] that masturbation is the answer to AIDS and all these other problems that come with sex outside of marriage is because again it is not addressing the issue."The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. So you can't masturbate without lust.

Quote:
-- "Christine O'Donnell: OK to use $20,000 in campaign funds to pay her rent?
Christine O'Donnell, the Republican party candidate for a senate seat in Delaware, used campaign money to pay half her rent, according to a Federal Elections Commission filing.

Quote:
Christine O'Donnell: I'm not doing any more national TV interviews...

I will lock her up! (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will repeal Obamacare (DIDN'T HAPPEN)
I will make Mexico to pay for the wall. (NO...WE ARE)
I will surround myself with the best people! (MOST ARE UNDER INVESTIGATION)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 am 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:
Christine O'Donnell, the Republican nominee seeking Delaware's open Senate seat, said on Bill Maher's "Politically Incorrect" in 1999: "I dabbled into witchcraft. I never joined a coven."
"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's a little blood there and stuff like that," she said.

Quote:
The reason that you don't tell [people] that masturbation is the answer to AIDS and all these other problems that come with sex outside of marriage is because again it is not addressing the issue."The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. So you can't masturbate without lust.

Quote:
Christine O'Donnell, the Republican party candidate for a senate seat in Delaware, used campaign money to pay half her rent, according to a Federal Elections Commission filing.

Quote:

My goodness, chuckles - you certainly are capable of being the good little German and following your orders at a moments notice.
The orders for this week are to attack Christine O'Donnell, and you are right there, slobbering at the feet of your masters.
Tell me - have you ever, even once in your life, had an original thought?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm 

happy jack wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My goodness, chuckles - you certainly are capable of being the good little German and following your orders at a moments notice.
The orders for this week are to attack Christine O'Donnell, and you are right there, slobbering at the feet of your masters.
Tell me - have you ever, even once in your life, had an original thought?

Hey these tea-baggers are doing all by themselves...I just have to report it...TYPICAL Repub...I got mine...so screw you!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:37 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Hey these tea-baggers are doing all by themselves...I just have to report it...TYPICAL Repub...I got mine...so screw you!!

You're not 'reporting' anything - you are parroting the party line of the week. As I said, I've yet to see an original thought emanate from you.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:18 pm 

chuckmo48 wrote:
Hey these tea-baggers

Typical liberal hatred and name calling.

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”
P.J. O'Rourke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:58 pm 

-={ARCLIGHT}=- wrote:
chuckmo48 wrote:
Hey these tea-baggers

Typical liberal hatred and name calling.

...and this would be called a typical "right-wing love fest"?

LoisLane wrote:
Quote:

Thousands of flood victims were waiting in a line for food assistance that stretches across three blocks at an Illinois Department of Human Services office in Melrose Park.
Dey don't look like day bees starvin'!

LoisLane wrote:
You want to get rid of that bridge BEFORE it collapses?
Just start a rumor that part of it is made of copper. The brothas will tear it apart trying to get at it. It will be gone overnight.

born_again wrote:
"First Granny" is coming to the White House.
Seems as Barack is moving his mother in law into the White House too.
Im sure his "cuzinz" and "aunties" will be pulling up in the UHaUL next.
Typical.

born_again wrote:
Marine,
I will see your two jagoffs and raise you a Reverend
Audit: Sharpton Campaign Owes U.S. Nearly $500G
TYPICAL

USMarine wrote:
And don't forget that bin Obama is also going to be the Chimp-in-Chief of the Armed Forces as well........ :smt005

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 718 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 48  Next