Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Freebie You NEVER Expected!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:19 am 

http://www.dealcatcher.com/forums/m_587700/tm.htm

Walt Disney World visitors to get in free on their birthdays

By Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer

1:00 PM EDT, September 18, 2008

Next year everyone will be able to come to a Walt Disney World theme park on their birthdays and get in free.

That's the cornerstone of the 2009 national promotional campaign, "What will you celebrate?" announced today by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Anyone showing up with a valid ID including proof of birthdate will get a free ticket on that day in 2009 for one of the theme parks at Disney World or at Disneyland in California.

Disney officials announced the promotion as their effort to cash in on what they described as a growing trend called "celebration vacations" -- trips to vacation spots that people take to celebrate big birthdays, big anniversaries, honeymoons and other momentous personal occasions.

Disney World probably already gets a lions' share of such vacations, according to a Ypartnership marketing survey that Disney commissioned. But until now the company has never put together a unified marketing campaign to attract such celebrations on a large scale.

Even though a free ticket -- essentially $75 discount -- might seem almost insignificant in a family vacation budget that might run several thousand dollars, Disney's goal is to get more people at least considering bringing their birthdays to Disney World.

The promotion also will give Disney a new tool to help assure that its theme-park turnstiles keep moving in the next year even if the teetering national economy starts dragging down the tourism business.

While the promotion was announced in New York City, with the aim of attracting national and international visitors, Central Floridians may cash in most easily and most often.

"We not only open up the opportunity, we hope they'll take the opportunity, " said Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "The flip side of that is, nobody celebrates their birthday by themselves. They bring their family, their friends and their kids with them."

Scott Powers can be reached at spowers@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5441.

Now couple that up with some other birthday freebies like free food and such and you can be king or queen for a day! LOL

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

Post subject: Re: The Freebie You NEVER Expected!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:11 am 

It would be nice if they gave you that bracelet that lets you go to the front of the line as well

Otherwise, no way in hell will I bother going to Florida or California for my birthday.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:43 pm 

LMAO what do you want for free? :D

If you voted for the Dems don't be surprised when things don't turn out quite as you were led to expect. Some might call it pure Marxism. But the problem with Obama economics is there's not enough money in the world to make it work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 am 

Mirage wrote:

I am a greedy bastard Mirage, I want everything for free :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:19 pm 

Here is something free a game of Snot Put clik on the link at the bottom of the page and see how far you can flick your snot the game is half way down the pae it is green like snot.

Click on link at the bottom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 am 

Hey, I hear the Gary Chamber of Commerce has been trying to give away a weekend vacation package to wonderful downtown Gary including air fare for like 2 years now but so far no one is willing to accept the deal. I wonder why? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am 

Because they have to fly out of the abandoned airport?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:26 am 

In case anyone is interested here is a link to the page for the offer. It's good for either Disneyland or Disneyworld but only good for 1 park.

https://disneybirthday.delivery.net/reg.jsp?source=wdw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:31 am 

Mirage wrote:
In case anyone is interested here is a link to the page for the offer. It's good for either Disneyland or Disneyworld but only good for 1 park.

https://disneybirthday.delivery.net/reg.jsp?source=wdw

Damn there goes my plan of going to one this year and the other next year :)

I still want my front of the line bracelet as well :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:00 am 

I got that covered. Because FL residents have some great annual pass deals just move to FL and visit the other park on your birthday. :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:23 pm 

mike3775 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Hey now- you're starting to sound like an Obama supporter!! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:52 am 

OhhMama wrote:
mike3775 wrote:
Mirage wrote:

Hey now- you're starting to sound like an Obama supporter!! ;)

Well since I am going to pay way more in taxes if he is elected, might as well get what I can out of it :)

and seriously I have yet to decide who to vote for. I wish there was a none of the above choice on the ballot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 pm 

There is always the write-in option. I see it now...Mike3775 for Prez! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:59 pm 

Here's a freebie worth $18. Just follow the instructions:

FW: A good FREEBIE! Land O Lakes

Hi everyone, I just got this from a friend of mine.
This is for Land O Lake products. I just ordered ours. Everything worked out fine. Just follow the directions exactly and remember that Ranch and Sour Cream and Onion contain MSG for those of you that cannot tolerate it.
There are 6 flavors to choose from.

Sam.

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------

I just sent for mine so I know that its actually free ;)

Be sure to follow the directions. If you are getting charged anything, you did something wrong. Free products and Free shipping. Be sure save a copy of email and your receipt.

Have a great weekend!

1. Go to http://www.dairyseasoning.com

2. Click the tab at the top titled "Order Now"

3. Enter the quantity of each flavor you would like. (6 jars total)

4. When finished, please click the button titled "Check Out"

5. Enter the coupon code: get6free

6. Please enter your shipping and billing information below the order confirmation.

7. Click the button "Continue Check Out"

8. Please confirm your information is correct and your order total is now $0.

9. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Enter any text or number in the check number field. This is a required field so please be sure to enter something.

10. Click the "Submit" button below the check number field in the Pay By Check area. This will send your order to us but will not require you to enter your credit card information.

Be sure to get your order entered soon. This coupon code will expire 1/31/09!

If you have any trouble with this, please email me at tbelcher@chicagocustomfoods.com

Thanks you again for your help and have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Theresa Belcher
Chicago Custom Foods, LLC
PH: 847-350-6050 x 230
FX: 773-353-9501
tbelcher@chicagocustomfoods.com