Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Virus alert! Beware!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:11 pm 

All of you participating in that circle jerk known as the "We're free!" forum on spam.net might want to run a virus scan.
I signed up for membership there, and my first request was ignored a couple of days ago. My second request was sent-and approved-today. I was a little uncomfortable with the approval message I got. It said to save the email because passwords can't be recovered, and it had the link to click in order to activate. I didn't save the message. I copied the pertinent info and deleted the email.
I was a member for 5 minutes before being notified that my account has been deleted. "Contact the administrator" to find out why. Of course, there
is no way to do that if you can't log in.
Almost instantly I got a message on my screen that I had an email worm or two, and a downloader.
I'm trying to wipe them out right now.
All for the chance to read, for 5 minutes, the hidden Hammond topics. Just what I expected. City workers and pals of the administration stroking each other and the maximum leader. I guess the hidden part got them all lathered up.
Just watch out for the creepy little bugs jumping off the primary members of the group.
Hey "We're Free" admin., why are you sending out viruses?

Post subject: Re: Virus alert! Beware!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:16 pm 

Maybe it's not the board...... :shock:

Perhaps there is a clandestine operation in place to disrupt command and control.

You never can tell with these sorts of things, Freetime.

8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:26 pm 

Just watch out for viruses when visiting We're Free!@ spam.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:37 pm 

freetime wrote:
All of you participating in that circle jerk known as the "We're free!" forum on spam.net might want to run a virus scan.
I signed up for membership there, and my first request was ignored a couple of days ago. My second request was sent-and approved-today. I was a little uncomfortable with the approval message I got. It said to save the email because passwords can't be recovered, and it had the link to click in order to activate. I didn't save the message. I copied the pertinent info and deleted the email.
I was a member for 5 minutes before being notified that my account has been deleted. "Contact the administrator" to find out why. Of course, there
is no way to do that if you can't log in.
Almost instantly I got a message on my screen that I had an email worm or two, and a downloader.
I'm trying to wipe them out right now.
All for the chance to read, for 5 minutes, the hidden Hammond topics. Just what I expected. City workers and pals of the administration stroking each other and the maximum leader. I guess the hidden part got them all lathered up.
Just watch out for the creepy little bugs jumping off the primary members of the group.
Hey "We're Free" admin., why are you sending out viruses?

You know ironically, I had the same issues with your forum at http://freetalk.spam.net/

I also got the pop up warning on another spam page as well, so it looks like it is something from the host company itself

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:34 am 
Banned

lol free. :smt006 the whole attraction of that forum, besides being run by a better admin, is that you are not there!

so of course you arent going to be allowed to be a member. and now that your isp has been logged over there, keeping you out in the future, im told, shouldnt be a problem.

posts have been on this forum for months, and you still cant comprehend them. i doubt anyone seriously thinks you can possibly give an objective opinion on the no free board in 5 minutes.

of the 50 unique registartions this board has amassed in just a two short weeks, i assure you, the vast majority are very happy there.

as for the virus paranoia that your attempting to spread. nice try. :smt003

for the rest of you interested in joining. feel free, except of course if you are free :smt003

nofree.spam.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:29 am 

I think the fact that Freetime was allowed to join in order to log her ISP and then block it is an indication of the type of person that runs that board.

I assume that the same person would also have no problem trying to download spyware/adware, viruses, and worms to a member's computer that they may dislike or have a disagreement with.

The whole thing smacks of unethical behaviour on the part of that board's Admin.

The fact that orifice would be involved in such behaviour doesn't surprise me in the least.

People who join that board risk dmaging their computer and at the very least having people mock and insult them behind their back in "secret" threads.

USER BEWARE: nofree.spam.com

Orifice has once again boasted of unethical behaviour as if it is acceptable because of the person/persons he is trying to harm.

Typical.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:56 am 

I agree. I'm through with that forum. The "admin" from the "nofree" fiasco posted here Monday that my account was activated, but of course it doesn't work.
Hey "Nofree" admin, you can just shove your stupid forum and your viruses. Play your control games with someone else.
This board is fine.
:D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:08 am 
Banned

There is ad aware issue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:19 am 
Banned

LMAO!!! This ADMINISTRATOR at the other board must be about 15 years old. Look at this:

NON-ISSUE ABOUT VIRUSES ON THIS SITE!

Post by Admin Yesterday at 6:51 pm
I was recently made aware of a problem with viruses in the activation email received when a member registered for this discussion board. I have since verified this was a problem with other spam boards as well as with this one. I was told the problem had been fixed as of 12/29/08 5:00PM CST. This problem only affected three members, and all are aware of the situation.

I do not want to have the problem again, so from now on I will manually activate new members. New accounts will be activated within 24 hours of their creation. Thank you for your patience.

Information posted on the northwestindiana.com site about this problem borders on slander. If such disinformation persists, I will contact the northwestindiana.com administrator, as well as his hosting company Network Solutions.

-Admin

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats funnier? Oracle being caught in another lie?

the oracle lives here wrote:
as for the virus paranoia that your attempting to spread. nice try.

Or this administrator threatening to tell "daddy" on us, and threatening to sue for slander?

HAhAhAhAhahAHAHAhahahahAahaHaHahahahAAhahahAhaaha

I think that admin is a homo. <---------------- SLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:31 am 

Thanks for pointing out Oracle's TYPICAL hypocracy and untruthfulness.
He fits right in with that bunch over there, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 am 
Banned

freetime wrote:
Thanks for pointing out Oracle's TYPICAL hypocracy and untruthfulness.
He fits right in with that bunch over there, doesn't he?

Yes he does!

And ONCE AGAIN you told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth....just like your signature says!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:41 am 

born_again wrote:
LMAO!!! This ADMINISTRATOR at the other board must be about 15 years old. Look at this:

NON-ISSUE ABOUT VIRUSES ON THIS SITE!

Post by Admin Yesterday at 6:51 pm
I was recently made aware of a problem with viruses in the activation email received when a member registered for this discussion board. I have since verified this was a problem with other spam boards as well as with this one. I was told the problem had been fixed as of 12/29/08 5:00PM CST. This problem only affected three members, and all are aware of the situation.

I do not want to have the problem again, so from now on I will manually activate new members. New accounts will be activated within 24 hours of their creation. Thank you for your patience.

Information posted on the northwestindiana.com site about this problem borders on slander. If such disinformation persists, I will contact the northwestindiana.com administrator, as well as his hosting company Network Solutions.

-Admin

Let me get this straight.....The other board was downloading viruses via email when activating an account. The problem was brought to light by someone who got a virus by joining that board and receiving a virus via activation email.

The Admin of that board ADMITS that the activation email downloaded a virus.

Now that Admin says that posting TRUE information about his board downloading a virus with the email activation is "slander"....... :shock:

BWWWWHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH

That is way too funny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 am 

I TOLD YOU THEY WERE ALL NUTS OVER THERE. JUST LIKE THE WOW THREAD I STARTED. EXPLAINS THE WHOLE SORTED CREW. :smt006 :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:01 am 

I have no desire to engage in conversation in another forum, as I post very infrequently on the two of which I have membership. That being said, it is their forum, and if they choose to be the fool, that is their choice. Bad Karma thrown to others, comes back to you, over time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:25 pm 
Banned

USMarine wrote:
Let me get this straight.....The other board was downloading viruses via email when activating an account. The problem was brought to light by someone who got a virus by joining that board and receiving a virus via activation email.

The Admin of that board ADMITS that the activation email downloaded a virus.

Now that Admin says that posting TRUE information about his board downloading a virus with the email activation is "slander"....... :shock:

BWWWWHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH

That is way too funny.

I believe you have hit the nail on the head.