Northwest Indiana Discussion

Northwest Indiana's Leading Discussion Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Miss California
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:03 pm 

sparks wrote:
Once again,Mama, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. One of President Obama's campaign promises was to change Federal law and grant same sex couples the same rights as heterosexual couples.

Once again, shprockets, you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

"I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:04 pm 

:twisted:

Quote:
Obama's campaign promise "292 wrote:
Support repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
Will support "repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions.

While you're correct about that, sparks. that doesn't really reflect his true feelings, that was mearly political. His true feelings are as follows :
Quote:
Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment which would have defined marriage as between one man and one woman, but stated in a 2008 interview that he personally believes that marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."

And isn't that what matters, how he actually feels about it.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm 

Mephisto wrote:

Quote:
Will support "repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions.

While you're correct about that, sparks. that doesn't really reflect his true feelings, that was mearly political. His true feelings are as follows :
Quote:
Obama voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment which would have defined marriage as between one man and one woman, but stated in a 2008 interview that he personally believes that marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."

No, it doesn't matter at all to the gay community what the President's personal opinion of them is, as long as he is politically willing to support gays being treated the same as any other American.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:18 pm 

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:
Once again,Mama, you don't know what the hell you are talking about. One of President Obama's campaign promises was to change Federal law and grant same sex couples the same rights as heterosexual couples.

"I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Mephisto wrote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:27 pm 

happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Oh no, the message board magistrate has taken a quote out of context in a lame attempt to rebut my statement. I posted the President's official stance on the matter directly from his list of campaign promises,here. Do you have a link so we can see what context you pulled the remark from, or are you going to start reciting more poetry with USMarine,again?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm 

sparks wrote:
After seeing the way Heretic is kicking your ass OTOB, maybe you should try to
wrestle back your title of "Queen Of Skeezerville" back from Screech and leave the intelligent conversations to the adults?

Work slow today- huh???
Obama has clearly stated that he believes a marriage is between a man and woman. You can deny that FACT all you want.

My ass is getting kicked? Funny I didn't feel a thing, but what else would I expect from a cheerleading faghag like you who contributes nothing to either board.

And- *whisper* -don't worry, the only one with a Queen title is you my dear. And don't worry princess, I wouldn't dare try to steal that from you..I mean if the crown fits... ;)

WWJD???

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:24 pm 

OhhMama wrote:
sparks wrote:
wrestle back your title of "Queen Of Skeezerville" back from Screech and leave the intelligent conversations to the adults?

Work slow today- huh???
Obama has clearly stated that he believes a marriage is between a man and woman. You can deny that FACT all you want.

My ass is getting kicked? Funny I didn't feel a thing, but what else would I expect from a cheerleading faghag like you who contributes nothing to either board.

And- *whisper* -don't worry, the only one with a Queen title is you my dear. And don't worry princess, I wouldn't dare try to steal that from you..I mean if the crown fits... ;)

WWJD???

Hey "little man"...you just got your ass kicked again, by a woman.
P.S. I checked out your Facebook profile...Do you accept EVERYONE as your friend? That was way too easy.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:58 pm 

sparks wrote:
happy jack wrote:
sparks wrote:

Oh no, the message board magistrate has taken a quote out of context in a lame attempt to rebut my statement. I posted the President's official stance on the matter directly from his list of campaign promises,here. Do you have a link so we can see what context you pulled the remark from, or are you going to start reciting more poetry with USMarine,again?

http://volokh.com/posts/chain_1225687827.shtml
"I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... cky-s.html
I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.
http://kaileo.newsvine.mobi/_news/2008/ ... n-in-favor
"I've stated my opposition to this. I think it's unnecessary," Obama told MTV. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage.

How much more direct does his statement need to be, shprickles, before it penetrates that titanium skull of yours?

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 pm 

sparks wrote:
No, it doesn't matter at all to the gay community what the President's personal opinion of them is, as long as he is politically willing to support gays being treated the same as any other American.

So, what you're saying is that Obama is willing to sell out his deeply held personal beliefs for the sake of political expediency and popularity.
OK, I'll buy that - and it doesn't surprise me.

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:58 pm 

LoisLane wrote:
P.S. I checked out your Facebook profile...Do you accept EVERYONE as your friend? [/b]

Picture in your mind the absolute ugliest couple you’ve ever seen. Based on that, it is logical to assume that there is someone for everyone somewhere out there. So, if sparks accepts everyone as a friend, the odds are good that he may come up with one person who actually agrees with him. In fact, he might even come up with someone who actually likes him (but that may be a stretch).

Barack Obama

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:45 am 

LoisLane wrote:
sparks wrote:

Hey "little man"...you just got your ass kicked again, by a woman.
P.S. I checked out your Facebook profile...Do you accept EVERYONE as your friend? That was way too easy.

Hey "Bigoted bookkeeper", I don't known which facebook profile you clicked on but it wasn't mine.Maybe you are now "friends" with the felon SuzyQ was stalking. Let us know how that works out for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:50 am 

LMAO..!!!!!!

These women are smart as well as pretty.
They know that Carrie Prejean is being attacked based soley on her views and her beliefs.

It's so transparent, you would have to be the class idiot not to recognize it.

Miss RI: Miss California Being Attacked for Stance for Traditional Marriage

By Iris Somberg (Bio | Archive)
May 11, 2009 - 16:18 ET

It looks like Miss California Carrie Prejean's title is in jeopardy, as Miss California officials appointed first alternate Tami Farrell to attend all events on May 11 and Donald Trump set to announce the fate of Prejean Tuesday, May 12. The ostensible reason is the emergence of revealing pictures of her. But the publication of those photos was a clear attempt to smear Miss California for her defense of traditional marriage at the Miss USA competition in April.

Of Prejean's situation, Castonguay said, "I don't know if I would've came forward with them, you know, and let them know that there were pictures out there. I wouldn't have thought that they would ever be published."

Rodriguez then asked the obvious question: Were the leaked photos part of an attempt to punish Prejean "because she went public and has continued to be so public about her views on same-sex marriage?"

Casonguay said yes, and indicated that she believed the campaign against Prejean began with the original incident, not her subsequent statements or actions. "I think it's from the answer that she gave that night onstage. And, you know, I think that everybody needs to be prepared to hear both ways that that question could've been answered. It was her opinion."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/iris-sombe ... l-marriage

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:09 am 

sparks wrote:

You would know...

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:34 am 

happy jack wrote:
LoisLane wrote:
P.S. I checked out your Facebook profile...Do you accept EVERYONE as your friend? [/b]

Picture in your mind the absolute ugliest couple you’ve ever seen. Based on that, it is logical to assume that there is someone for everyone somewhere out there. So, if sparks accepts everyone as a friend, the odds are good that he may come up with one person who actually agrees with him. In fact, he might even come up with someone who actually likes him (but that may be a stretch).

Ugly picture is correct...ugh......no wonder he's so angry! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:43 am 

Poor little sporkles the clown....he's so sad.

Guess who is STILL Miss California?

Declaring, 'It's the 21st Century,' Donald Trump rules that Carrie Prejean's views on gay marriage and her risque modeling photos are no reason to remove her Miss California crown.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next